ninjarocket

"supervisory review:" what next?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Push can tell you better than I if the stuff with names on your lease might impact the case. I kinda don't think it would.

Not picking on you, but were you reading carefully earlier when I spoke about line of work causing case delays? I don't know what scientific publications you are in, or if you have had government clearances before for sensitive work - but if you have - you could have been delayed while YOU personally were checked out.

Education hasn't got anything to do with matters of the heart, you know? Don't be embarrassed by what you feel - it's natural.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I work at a government lab I don't have a clearance. One doesn't need one for work that is published in regular scientific journals. Many of my coworkers have one, although I view it as more of a hinderance than an advantage. The reason I haven't applied for a clearance is that I simply don't need one and it would require me to relinquish my UK citizenship. Hence I would lose personal freedom, privacy (which is restricted by having a clearance) and the benefit of retaining European citizenship.

So I guess the best case scenario is that the adjudicator wanted to deny my petition, or was confused by it, causing it to go to a supervisor, who hopefully will recognize my case as not be fraudulent.

Actually I read somewhere that adjudicators often approve suspicious cases, preferring instead to be denied at the interview stage (USCIS advises the consulate of their suspicions). A denial at the consular interview stage is more difficult to rebuff than one at a USCIS office, and can also lead the beneficiary to be permanently barred from entering the US on the flimsiest of evidence.

Push can tell you better than I if the stuff with names on your lease might impact the case. I kinda don't think it would.

Not picking on you, but were you reading carefully earlier when I spoke about line of work causing case delays? I don't know what scientific publications you are in, or if you have had government clearances before for sensitive work - but if you have - you could have been delayed while YOU personally were checked out.

Education hasn't got anything to do with matters of the heart, you know? Don't be embarrassed by what you feel - it's natural.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Although I work at a government lab I don't have a clearance. One doesn't need one for work that is published in regular scientific journals. Many of my coworkers have one, although I view it as more of a hinderance than an advantage. The reason I haven't applied for a clearance is that I simply don't need one and it would require me to relinquish my UK citizenship. Hence I would lose personal freedom, privacy (which is restricted by having a clearance) and the benefit of retaining European citizenship.

So I guess the best case scenario is that the adjudicator wanted to deny my petition, or was confused by it, causing it to go to a supervisor, who hopefully will recognize my case as not be fraudulent.

Actually I read somewhere that adjudicators often approve suspicious cases, preferring instead to be denied at the interview stage (USCIS advises the consulate of their suspicions). A denial at the consular interview stage is more difficult to rebuff than one at a USCIS office, and can also lead the beneficiary to be permanently barred from entering the US on the flimsiest of evidence.

I wouldn't worry about the names or the indication you lived together. On future forms, read carefully, interpret literally and answer accurately and honestly.

Based on your job description, I think it's likely the supervisor is being asked to concur with the approval or to seek information about your job, the regular adjudicator doesn't have access to. The may be reviewing whether to do a detailed review of your case. From what I can see, you have no reason for denial.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

August 31, 2007

When did you naturalize?

You filed before you were official?

Sure. LPRs can file for their spouse too, just that the spouse is classified as a "preference relative" meaning that they have to wait years for a visa to become available.

Timeline
August 31, 2007

When did you naturalize?

Sure. LPRs can file for their spouse too, just that the spouse is classified as a "preference relative" meaning that they have to wait years for a visa to become available.

So then did you send a request to upgrade your petition after you naturalized?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

August 31, 2007

When did you naturalize?

Yeah, but you also a filed an I129F after that. Very shortly after that.

I'm really confused.

This is over my head now. Does USCIS 'link' the I130 and I129F? If so, they've probably had to connect the dots of your petitions to figure out if she goes in that long line of folks waiting for an immigrant number or if she doesn't.

Which petition is under supervisory review? The I130? They may well be denying it in order to let the I129 loose.

Edited by rebeccajo

August 31, 2007

When did you naturalize?

So then did you send a request to upgrade your petition after you naturalized?

Yes, although a month or so late, because I initially thought submitting the I-129F would be sufficient enough.

Timeline
ninjarocket -

I hate to tell you this, but this looks to me like a case of a muddled-up filing, and it has taken USCIS some time to get the bits and pieces of it all put together.

I agree but in a way that's good news. They can figure this out but probably need a supervisor to sign off on it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

ninjarocket -

I hate to tell you this, but this looks to me like a case of a muddled-up filing, and it has taken USCIS some time to get the bits and pieces of it all put together.

My hope is that the adjudicator is just confused by the sequence of events and filings. USCIS make mistakes too. After I received the naturalization certificate, I realized at the end of the ceremony that my marital status was stated incorrectly. I had brought up my marriage during the naturalization interview, but this information hadn't made it onto my certificate. I did obtain a corrected certificate the following week, which means that the date of the certificate and naturalization are different.

ninjarocket -

I agree but in a way that's good news. They can figure this out but probably need a supervisor to sign off on it.

Well yeah, but that's why it's all taken so long.

Is this not THE perfect example of why we can't always tell what issues people have with their cases? Look how many questions it took us to get to what looks like the bottom of things!

ninjarocket -

Well yeah, but that's why it's all taken so long.

Is this not THE perfect example of why we can't always tell what issues people have with their cases? Look how many questions it took us to get to what looks like the bottom of things!

Except that it's pretty standard for someone to Naturalize while they have a I-130 pending for their spouse. I've seen it happen on this forum with no issues.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.