11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So I submitted the I-129F June 1st. I did not to a receipt on the mail so I'm not sure if VSC got the package yet. They have not cashed the check yet. It's been 20 days. I would just have some peace of mind knowing they received the package. NOA1's don't usually take that long.

I understand this is only the beginning of the long waiting game, but I want to know if there is a # I can call to see if they have received the package yet?

Do I need to resubmit the I-129F? I have to re-do everything, that will take a long time to do that because I have to mail my Fiance papers for her to sign and then have them mailed back to me. I made copies of the entire I-129F but I think USCIS wants the papers with signatures on them, or should I wait a little longer? any advice would be nice.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : June 01 2008

NOA1 Received June 21 2008

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

" The touch for July 29 was USCIS mailing the case to NVC"

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

" August 13 2008 Finace Received packet in mail from Tokyo"

''August 21 she started the Police report''

''August 25 she received email from consulate confirming the interview date''

''August 28 she received Police report''

''She will complete medical mid September''

'' medical finished $430.00''

''Interview is at the end of September''

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you use certified mail with acknowledgment due (or some other service where they can tell you when it was delivered)? If not, then you better use them from now on. In the meantime, give it 2 or 3 more weeks and if your check is still not cashed, you may have to refile. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

The question Motu asked is most important. If you have delivery confirmation then I would not worry, VSC are unfortunately on a massive slow down at the moment and processing times are not comparable to a few months ago.

That said now let me share with you my experience. We originally filed in Feb however my SO chose to send the package with a return receipt only and not full recorded delivery. After several weeks of waiting for the postcard to come back we began getting a little anxious. After 3 weeks of hearing nothing and the payment still not clearing we called customer service and got the usual answer "USCIS processing times are blah blah blah ..." On the 4th week we called again and asked if they had us on their system yet and the operator told us they had no information on us or our application at all. At this point we decided to bite the bullet and re-file. Our first application is still missing to this day so I guess we did the right thing.

Like I have said though the processing times were a lot different in Feb, people were getting NOA1's issued and sent on the day of delivery so that was a big factor in our decision. If you are going stir crazy over it then the SO can call customer services and check to see if they have put any of your details on the computers yet. If they have then great, if they haven't its still a strong possibility that your application is sitting in the mail room. If you call again in a few weeks and they still haven't processed you onto the system you might want to start thinking about getting new forms sent off.

Good Luck

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Timeline
The question Motu asked is most important. If you have delivery confirmation then I would not worry, VSC are unfortunately on a massive slow down at the moment and processing times are not comparable to a few months ago.

That said now let me share with you my experience. We originally filed in Feb however my SO chose to send the package with a return receipt only and not full recorded delivery. After several weeks of waiting for the postcard to come back we began getting a little anxious. After 3 weeks of hearing nothing and the payment still not clearing we called customer service and got the usual answer "USCIS processing times are blah blah blah ..." On the 4th week we called again and asked if they had us on their system yet and the operator told us they had no information on us or our application at all. At this point we decided to bite the bullet and re-file. Our first application is still missing to this day so I guess we did the right thing.

Like I have said though the processing times were a lot different in Feb, people were getting NOA1's issued and sent on the day of delivery so that was a big factor in our decision. If you are going stir crazy over it then the SO can call customer services and check to see if they have put any of your details on the computers yet. If they have then great, if they haven't its still a strong possibility that your application is sitting in the mail room. If you call again in a few weeks and they still haven't processed you onto the system you might want to start thinking about getting new forms sent off.

Good Luck

Bex xxx

what customer service # did you call?

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

most people get their NOA1 within the first 2weeks but every once and a while it takes upto 2 months. no idea why that is, and refilling might actually be faster in that case... one never knows when it'll get through ofcourse... if that's the way you want to go, make sure to cancel your first check and send with a delivery receipt.

IMO, you cant' do wrong with giving them a call, but chances of them giving you a real answer to your question are small.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That sounds odd. I would call and resend.

We send ours on June 9th, it arrived June 11th according to USPS, we got our hard copy NOA1 yesterday and it is dated June 12th and our check was cashed June 13th.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

I sent my packet in on May 31st and got my NOA1 in the mail on June 3rd :D My check was cash on the 4th.

Could there be a mistake as small as not signing your check or you sent it to the wrong place? I use confirmation to track my packet which helps alot. Good luck in getting your NOA1 soon!

Timeline
I sent my packet in on May 31st and got my NOA1 in the mail on June 3rd :D My check was cash on the 4th.

Could there be a mistake as small as not signing your check or you sent it to the wrong place? I use confirmation to track my packet which helps alot. Good luck in getting your NOA1 soon!

Hello! I checked my Bank again today..... and USCIS cashed the Check today!!!! I'm just happy to know they got the packet!!!!!!

everything is confirmation from here on out!!!!!!! no NOA1 yet, but my main concern was making sure they got my I-129F Packet!!

thanks everyone!

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello! I checked my Bank again today..... and USCIS cashed the Check today!!!! I'm just happy to know they got the packet!!!!!!

everything is confirmation from here on out!!!!!!! no NOA1 yet, but my main concern was making sure they got my I-129F Packet!!

thanks everyone!

That's great! I told you it usually just takes a little time :thumbs:

Edited by u2rsobad

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
I checked my Bank again today..... and USCIS cashed the Check today!!!! I'm just happy to know they got the packet!!!!!!

Congratulations! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck on your NOA1 and following process :thumbs:

From next time, when you need to send something to USCIS, use delivery confirmation service ;) That can keep your mind more peaceful.... :yes:

<K-1 journey>

2007-10-18 : sent I-129F via FEDEX, 2007-10-22 : recieved by VSC

2008-03-20 : K-1 VISA in hand

<AOS journey>

2008-04-22 : sent AOS + AP + EAD package via Fedex

2008-08-08 : GC in hand

<Lifting Condition journey>

2010-05-03 : sent I-751 to VSC via USPS

2010-05-06 : NOA issued

2010-05-07 : check cashed

2010-05-12 : NOA in hand

2010-05-28 : Bio app.

2010-06-19 : Old I485 touched

2010-06-26 : CR189 touched

2010-07-16 : RFE issued

2010-08-18 : additional evidence sent by EMS

2010-08-31 : Card production notice by email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.