Marlita

Who's Going?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats, Jawi - DJ felt the same way in Negril. For me, Negril is a great place to just kick back and relax, and I love Alfreds, which is not all Marley - Plus, there is a place on the cliffs that has more of a local party - and if you want true dancehall, there's always Scrubadub (just ignore the strippers, lol).

Honey, Clive's website is here:

http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com

In Ochi, other good clubs are Amnesia, Jus Cheers on Friday night, there is also a place called the Skydock, John Crows - or for the risque, Shades....

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HoneyChild...Reggae Beach is in the opposite direction...just outside of Ochi in St. Mary's.

What types of things are you interested in? Do you want the party circuit, or more casual paced excursions?

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats, Jawi - DJ felt the same way in Negril. For me, Negril is a great place to just kick back and relax, and I love Alfreds, which is not all Marley - Plus, there is a place on the cliffs that has more of a local party - and if you want true dancehall, there's always Scrubadub (just ignore the strippers, lol).

In Ochi, other good clubs are Amnesia, Jus Cheers on Friday night, there is also a place called the Skydock, John Crows - or for the risque, Shades....

Yeah, Ochi, is def more hippie laid back style. But I'm a hippie at heart. I dont really hang out on the beach road....more so in the neighborhood parties...which arent your huge party but still just nice vibes. I guess I'm so used to the fast lane and life here in LA that when I go to Jamaica I dont really mind the slow pace of Negril. I did like Ochi when I visited. It seems like a nice place to settle down in if you live in JA. I would like to live closer to Mobay but Ochi would be 2nd on the list.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Sus...I wanted to slit my wrists in Negril. We went in October, and when I tell you that we were the ONLY ones on the entire 7 mile beach...it was so bad...I went looking for gigalos. LOL....a joke. What is the place right next to BarBBarn? I HATED IT! A won't do XXX clubs. So, we did not venture to Scrubadub or Shades.

I have heard that Jus Cheers has a night catered to men that want men. I still love the vibe there. The last time A and I were there...we partied ALL night to Charlie Blacks. I detest Amnesia...too much of an American vibe there....let me take that back...we caught Vybz Kartel and Aidonia there on my last trip...and it was AMAZING!

John Crows has really great food...oxtails to die for. I had a really good time at karaoke (for the life of me I can't remember the name of the spot right across from Fisherman's Pointe)....

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

Yeah, Ochi, is def more hippie laid back style. But I'm a hippie at heart. I dont really hang out on the beach road....more so in the neighborhood parties...which arent your huge party but still just nice vibes. I guess I'm so used to the fast lane and life here in LA that when I go to Jamaica I dont really mind the slow pace of Negril. I did like Ochi when I visited. It seems like a nice place to settle down in if you live in JA. I would like to live closer to Mobay but Ochi would be 2nd on the list.

Oops, I meant to say Negril right here.

Timeline

Sus...I wanted to slit my wrists in Negril. We went in October, and when I tell you that we were the ONLY ones on the entire 7 mile beach...it was so bad...I went looking for gigalos. LOL....a joke. What is the place right next to BarBBarn? I HATED IT! A won't do XXX clubs. So, we did not venture to Scrubadub or Shades.

I have heard that Jus Cheers has a night catered to men that want men. I still love the vibe there. The last time A and I were there...we partied ALL night to Charlie Blacks. I detest Amnesia...too much of an American vibe there....let me take that back...we caught Vybz Kartel and Aidonia there on my last trip...and it was AMAZING!

John Crows has really great food...oxtails to die for. I had a really good time at karaoke (for the life of me I can't remember the name of the spot right across from Fisherman's Pointe)....

Jawi you need to take me with you to the next party. Me and my man dont know nothing about club scenes in JA. I love to dance but he has no idea where. I really want to go out there, but I just dont know about the whole scene.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL, Jawi - You mean Bourbon Beach = The only time I enjoyed there is when they had a show - I have seen Yellowman, Barrington levy, Gregory Isaacs, John Holt,..... forget who else , there - Otherwise, it's Gigalo central - One guy came up to my friend and the second thing out of his mouth, after "is this your first time here?" was "I want you to sit on my face later" :o Nice opening line!!

I hadn't heard that about Jus Cheers - we had fun the night we went. I haven't been to Scrubadub - went to Triple X when it was open in Negril, but we left before the chaos started. I went to Shades once - DJ's friend was driving and we were at Jus Cheers and would have been stranded, plus I had a little buzz, and NO IDEA of what I was getting into, lol! THat was a little too risque for me!

I know the place you mean with karaoke, but I can't think of the name of it either.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
LOL, Jawi - You mean Bourbon Beach = The only time I enjoyed there is when they had a show - I have seen Yellowman, Barrington levy, Gregory Isaacs, John Holt,..... forget who else , there - Otherwise, it's Gigalo central - One guy came up to my friend and the second thing out of his mouth, after "is this your first time here?" was "I want you to sit on my face later" :o Nice opening line!!

I hadn't heard that about Jus Cheers - we had fun the night we went. I haven't been to Scrubadub - went to Triple X when it was open in Negril, but we left before the chaos started. I went to Shades once - DJ's friend was driving and we were at Jus Cheers and would have been stranded, plus I had a little buzz, and NO IDEA of what I was getting into, lol! THat was a little too risque for me!

I know the place you mean with karaoke, but I can't think of the name of it either.

I think this is the place where a guy came up to me and ask if I was "in business". :blink: Either this place or Alfreds...idk the difference with the two.

Timeline

Thanks ladies, i am not the laid back type so maybe Negril isnt for me. My SO lives in steertown and occassionally goes to pool parties, margaritaville and i hear him talk about priory that is about it. He already told me Shades was super raunchy...lol...i believe when i went last time some of my friends went to the karoake place to hang out. I know a few nites i am there he will have to work, so i dont really intend to hang out every single night he is not working, but i just want to go some place where we can chill, kick back and enjoy a nice vibe, not too rowdy,or raunchy.

Timeline

Jawi you need to take me with you to the next party. Me and my man dont know nothing about club scenes in JA. I love to dance but he has no idea where. I really want to go out there, but I just dont know about the whole scene.

My girl I usually close the place down...sun is up and bright when I finally climb into a shower...readying for bed.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline
Thanks ladies, i am not the laid back type so maybe Negril isnt for me. My SO lives in steertown and occassionally goes to pool parties, margaritaville and i hear him talk about priory that is about it. He already told me Shades was super raunchy...lol...i believe when i went last time some of my friends went to the karoake place to hang out. I know a few nites i am there he will have to work, so i dont really intend to hang out every single night he is not working, but i just want to go some place where we can chill, kick back and enjoy a nice vibe, not too rowdy,or raunchy.

I know a few peeps in Steertown....Priory is my all time fav spot...at least until they started following a noise ordinance and cutting the party short. A and I would find a nice dark corner and enjoy the vibes and music...and the dance.

I also love to stand in front of the large speakers right next to the bar...great spot to watch people. I caught my very first Vybz performance at Priory...I will never forget it.

Man I am so ready to go home. It's been too long.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

Man Jawi, im hating that i will again miss priory. Every time i go to JA, i either leave on a sunday or arrive late in the day. The first time i rode past priory, i was intimidated like damn, will i stick out like a sore thumb, with a big ### sign on my head saying american girl...lol...plus it was far from where i stayed in ochi, but my friends who dont sleep went and had a blast

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I felt the same way when I stayed in Negril a years ago...too laid back for me. Plus it didn't help I traveled with 13 other women and Negril was really romantic to me. We were bored.

My hubby's family lives in MoBay so we'll stay there most of the trip. Negril is closer. I don't know much about Ochi so thanks for the info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.