Who's Going?

64 posts in this topic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

SHUCKS! I'm usually there around the 4th of July every year since 2000. But, I just had to see my other sister, my brother and my nephew...so I'll be waiting until August! :crying::unsure::blink:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wanted to go around the fourth too, but tickets were too high. So I found a good deal for the 19th-20...something cant remember. I'll be in Negril...mainly.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

I couldnt get the time off from work, so i just settled for the following week. I have started to make little x's on my calendar at work, to convince myself it is not much longer and im not going to go stir crazy :wacko: i have already packed my suitcase, How sad is that....LOL?

Timeline

Since hubby here now I'll be staying put in the states this summer. I usually go home the end of July and come back towards the end of August.

I'm thinking of going home for Christmas but right now the plans are up in the air.

Timeline
I couldnt get the time off from work, so i just settled for the following week. I have started to make little x's on my calendar at work, to convince myself it is not much longer and im not going to go stir crazy :wacko:i have already packed my suitcase, How sad is that....LOL?

haha. I always hear about people doing this but I cant cause then what would I wear for these coming days? I'm on a "Get Fit for Jamaica" exercise plan though. Also a condition my blood for the mosquitos plan :blink: haha!

Timeline
Since hubby here now I'll be staying put in the states this summer. I usually go home the end of July and come back towards the end of August.

I'm thinking of going home for Christmas but right now the plans are up in the air.

I think this is a good time to go. Its hot as all get out, but its slow season and hotel and air deals are great. Plus the crowds are not as intense and is a real laid back vibe. oh yeah, i've started the calender cross off to countdown too.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I couldnt get the time off from work, so i just settled for the following week. I have started to make little x's on my calendar at work, to convince myself it is not much longer and im not going to go stir crazy :wacko:i have already packed my suitcase, How sad is that....LOL?

haha. I always hear about people doing this but I cant cause then what would I wear for these coming days? I'm on a "Get Fit for Jamaica" exercise plan though. Also a condition my blood for the mosquitos plan :blink: haha!

Lita - how do you do this??

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

when i was there in april, i didnt have a prob with mosquitos, is july something different? bad as it may sound i told my SO i dont care if it rains the whole time im there, that way we can stay holed up in the room....LOL :devil::devil:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance: yeah, Marlita and honeychild.

I'm usually there during Sumfest but the flights sold out quick. So we're going August 1-9 for Independence Day.

We'll be there for our fifth (of meeting) anniversary. Thinking about staying in Negril a few nights. What romantic hotel do you recommend?

Timeline

I'm usually there during Sumfest but the flights sold out quick. So we're going August 1-9 for Independence Day.

We'll be there for our fifth (of meeting) anniversary. Thinking about staying in Negril a few nights. What romantic hotel do you recommend?

Sorry Sj, im not really sure, marlita can probably answer that one. I asked my SO to take me to negril when i visit, as i have heard so much about it. But jomo's girl would also probably be able to tell you better as well..sorry :blink:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry Sj, im not really sure, marlita can probably answer that one. I asked my SO to take me to negril when i visit, as i have heard so much about it. But jomo's girl would also probably be able to tell you better as well..sorry :blink:

Thanks. I can use suggestions for Mo Bay as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I will be going to visit my SO July 4-9th..He stays in Lucea, which is not very far from Negril and Mobay...

Just to warn you, the mosquitos are terrible. Everytime I get bit up like crazy. He tells its because I'm so light.

Whatever. The bug sprays don't work. Its like candy to them. On my last visit in March, I got ate up but not as intense as the previous times.

tymoore

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The only spot I've stayed in Negril was The Coco La Palm. My first visit there last July was when I met my SO.

The Coco is really nice. We actually had one of the workers who liked one of my friends and he waited on us hand and foot. Bringing us bread fruit, mangos, you name it. On my second visit I booked my room for a week at The Coco, I got an immediate upgrade when I arrived because they weren't very busy and the same guy who waited on us before waited on me and my SO. He still liked my friend so much he had me go in the gift shop to pick out a gift to take home to her. My friends had called ahead to tell him I was coming and to look out for me. Aside from that, the housekeepers would decorate my room everyday. We would walk in to flowers and decorations and designs on the bed and dressers. It was really nice. Then Coco always has a Monday night celebration for its guests down at the bar. Food, music, free wine, rum punch...I booked the reservations right on their website. The rates are decent. I stay with my SO now whenever I go. SO no more Coco for me. But i would recommend it to others.

tymoore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.