lisalu100

I-864 Question1 - Help please...

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Part of me says this should be really simple to understand, but, I just don't get it. I came in on a K1 visa, we are now married. My husband earns over 125% of the poverty level. I am helping him fill out I-864, and we're stuck on the first question!

I-864, Affadavit of support, Question 1

In the instructions, it says to tick a) if you are the petitioner (sponsor), and have previously filed an I-130 or I-600. We didn't file either, we filed I-129F.

We could tick "d) You are the only joint sponsor", but that doesn't seem right either - he is the only sponsor.

On the actual form, for question 1 it says "I am the petitioner. I filed, or am filing for the immigration of my relative." This seems correct.

I've tried the guides, searched through the forums, googled to death.

Thoughts please? Thanks.

Lisa and Marty

First date - 12 January 2005

Engaged - 12 January 2007

Sent I-129F to VSC - 23 July 2007

NOA1 - 1 August 2007

RFE 22 Dec 07 - Marty forgot to tick the box saying he had no prior convictions. He ticked the box, and sent it back the same day.

NOA2 18th January 2008!!! Woohoo!!!

Packet 3 received - Feb 7th 2008

Packet 3 returned - Feb 8th 2008

Medical scheduled - Feb 25th 2008 (I could have had it sooner, but I needed time to chase down my immunisation records).

Interview - March 10th 2008 Approved!!!

Received passport with K1 visa - March 12th 2008

POE JFK - April 12th 2008

May 31st - Got married!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Part of me says this should be really simple to understand, but, I just don't get it. I came in on a K1 visa, we are now married. My husband earns over 125% of the poverty level. I am helping him fill out I-864, and we're stuck on the first question!

I-864, Affadavit of support, Question 1

In the instructions, it says to tick a) if you are the petitioner (sponsor), and have previously filed an I-130 or I-600. We didn't file either, we filed I-129F.

We could tick "d) You are the only joint sponsor", but that doesn't seem right either - he is the only sponsor.

On the actual form, for question 1 it says "I am the petitioner. I filed, or am filing for the immigration of my relative." This seems correct.

I've tried the guides, searched through the forums, googled to death.

Thoughts please? Thanks.

a. is correct.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.