one...two...tree

Clark hits McCain — and hits all the right notes

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wesley Clark spoke with the Huffington Post this week, and was unrelenting in his criticism of John McCain. "I know he's trying to get traction by seeking to play to what he thinks is his strong suit of national security," Clark said. "The truth is that, in national security terms, he's largely untested and untried. He's never been responsible for policy formulation. He's never had leadership in a crisis, or in anything larger than his own element on an aircraft carrier or [in managing] his own congressional staff. It's not clear that this is going to be the strong suit that he thinks it is."

Clark went on to dismiss McCain's worldview on national security altogether. "McCain's weakness is that he's always been for the use of force, force and more force. In my experience, the only time to use force is as a last resort. … When he talks about throwing Russia out of the G8 and makes ditties about bombing Iran, he betrays a disrespect for the office of the presidency."

This morning, Clark appeared on MSNBC, where he was challenged to defend his rather scathing assessment. I thought he did extremely well.

First, notice the incredulity from the on-air "journalists." The notion that McCain lacks credibility on national security issues is completely foreign to them because, well, he's John McCain. Clark wore four stars on his shoulder, and doesn't much care about the media's preconceived notions.

Second, when the on-air media personalities noted that Obama, like McCain, has not been in a position to make leadership positions in a military context, Clark responded with the obvious point — Obama's not the one making the claim.

Also, as my friend Alex Koppelman noted, Clark went after McCain's inconsistencies. Clark referred to McCain's "personal courage," citing his years as a prisoner of war, but said, "On the other hand, he's changed his position on torture … So what does John McCain really believe? Who is he? … Is he just a guy who wants to be president and he'll say what's necessary to get the job?"

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Clark went on to dismiss McCain's worldview on national security altogether. "McCain's weakness is that he's always been for the use of force, force and more force. In my experience, the only time to use force is as a last resort. … When he talks about throwing Russia out of the G8 and makes ditties about bombing Iran, he betrays a disrespect for the office of the presidency.

Clark is a partisan as a Democratic candidate for president in 2004 but the article doesn't want to mention that.

General Clark's actions at Waco in 1993, the "illegal" bombing of Serbia, and his desire to start WWIII by shooting Russian soldiers at the Pristina airport show he's a hypocrite of the highest order on the use of force as a last resort.

His "early retirement" by Pres. Clinton was more than warranted.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Clark went on to dismiss McCain's worldview on national security altogether. "McCain's weakness is that he's always been for the use of force, force and more force. In my experience, the only time to use force is as a last resort. … When he talks about throwing Russia out of the G8 and makes ditties about bombing Iran, he betrays a disrespect for the office of the presidency.

Clark is a partisan as a Democratic candidate for president in 2004 but the article doesn't want to mention that.

General Clark's actions at Waco in 1993, the "illegal" bombing of Serbia, and his desire to start WWIII by shooting Russian soldiers at the Pristina airport show he's a hypocrite of the highest order on the use of force as a last resort.

Shoot the messenger eh? ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Shoot the messenger eh? ;)

When the messenger self-righteously points fingers and says, "Do as I say, not as I do," then yes...

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

wasnt clark in command of the serbian conflict? Also didnt we accidently bomb the chinese embassy over there? :whistle:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

To be fair, no one complains about the partisan overtones from republicans that write articles. In truth, both sides are attempting to disarm the other canidate in order to make a play on the White House. I suspect that it may become a tad more intense in the next month or two. I love it... However, I wish that republicans overall were more excited about this election cycle.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
wasnt clark in command of the serbian conflict? Also didnt we accidently bomb the chinese embassy over there? :whistle:

wes clark :rolleyes:

a close friend of the clinton's, and also took an unauthorized trip....... :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!