wanderingbeing

2 questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

1. My address just changed and the the interview date has just been given for July 3rd. Who do i need to notify of the new address? i tried changing on USCIS website but it said: U.S. Citizens who do not have an application or petition pending with USCIS are only legally required to notify USCIS of a change of address if they have previously submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of someone who has become a permanent resident. If you have previously submitted a Form I-864 for someone who immigrated to the U.S., you must complete a Form I-865 within ten days of the completion of your move.

Do I need to contact the Embassy, I will write NVC but my other question is about NVC too

2. NVC wrote me a letter that the CR1 was approved and to send the $70. But the K3 visa is already at the embassy in peru with the interview date. What do I do with that? We will only persue the K3 visa because we already bought the plane tickets for July 11th.

* Aug 6th, 2007 - Our Peruvian Wedding

I-129F: Currently @ CSC

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-129f Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 19th, 2008 - Touched

* Feb 20th, 2008 - Touched

* May 6th, 2008 - Recieved NOA2

* Jun 4th, 2008 - NVC Forwarded to Embassy

I-130: Currently @ Californica Service Center

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-130 Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 6th, 2008 - Check cashed for I-130

* Feb 9th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Touched

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can notify the embassy of you address change when you go for your interview. You can ignore the notices from NVC until you are done with the appointment for the K-3. If te K-3 visa falls through, then you can use the CR1 visa appointment for another shot at the visa. NVC holds cases for a year then they put it in the "dead" files. You can notify NVC in writing or by phone that you no longer wish to pursue the CR1 so they can put it aside now. It is up to you how you want to proceed.

I-130 Timeline:

12-11-2007- Married my Love

02-08-2008- CSC receives I-130

02-11-2008- Received Hardcopy NOA1

08-14-2008- Approved!!! 216 days...

08-21-2008- NOA2 Hardcopy received

08-27-2008- NVC Receives file, NVC Case Number issued

09-05-2008- AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

09-06-2008- E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

09-11-2008- Received Hardcopy of DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

09-15-2008- Mailed Hardcopy of DS-3032

09-16-2008- Paid $70 AOS fee online

09-17-2008- Received E-mail confirming the DS-3032 Agent

09-17-2008- Printed Coversheet for AOS paperwork

09-17-2008- IV Bill Invoiced

12-16-2008- Sent I-864 EZ to NVC

NOW: Debating on current situation...

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am going through a somewhat similar thing. BUT before my petition was approved I did an online change of address on April 18th. I even printed the online confirmation of it. Hmm...you think that would have been enough, right? Nope. No one has a record of my move. The NVC sent my letter to the old address. The embassy in Manila has it as my old address. I did not even get my NOA2 and the K-1 was approved on May27th. When I called the USCIS about this, they are no help at all. Period. I even asked what good is the online comfirmation? They had no clue and didnt know what to tell me. The USCIS said not to worry about my NOA2. It is not needed for the interview. Hmmmm...I wonder? They also said at the time I file for the AOS then I can put in for a change of address. I have called back 3 or 4 times with always the same response. I was hoping for someone more knowledgeable on the phone but alas I failed in my endeavors.

I went on to call the embassy. The embassy noted the change in their computer and told me to fax them the case number, old address, and new address. Supposedly it is fixed on the embassy side of things now. I would maybe called your embassy too and explain.

J

1. My address just changed and the the interview date has just been given for July 3rd. Who do i need to notify of the new address? i tried changing on USCIS website but it said: U.S. Citizens who do not have an application or petition pending with USCIS are only legally required to notify USCIS of a change of address if they have previously submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of someone who has become a permanent resident. If you have previously submitted a Form I-864 for someone who immigrated to the U.S., you must complete a Form I-865 within ten days of the completion of your move.

Do I need to contact the Embassy, I will write NVC but my other question is about NVC too

2. NVC wrote me a letter that the CR1 was approved and to send the $70. But the K3 visa is already at the embassy in peru with the interview date. What do I do with that? We will only persue the K3 visa because we already bought the plane tickets for July 11th.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you so much, I appreciate your responses. I was complately twisted from the arrival of this letter. Got the I-865 ready to mail, I'll send an email to NVC about the address change and hope all is good then. have another question but I'll start a new thread...

* Aug 6th, 2007 - Our Peruvian Wedding

I-129F: Currently @ CSC

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-129f Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 19th, 2008 - Touched

* Feb 20th, 2008 - Touched

* Jun 4th, 2008 - NVC Forwarded to Embassy

I-130: Currently @ Californica Service Center

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-130 Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 6th, 2008 - Check cashed for I-130

* Feb 9th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.