K&W

How to get expedited AP

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Here's what I experienced. I hope no one need to use this tips, but things happen. So I decided to share my experience. In my case, my dad collapsed because of bleeding inside skull, Hemorrhage. I need to see him and help my mom ASAP.

There are two types of "expedited AP" if you filed AP already.

#1. Use your original application

- at least 5 business days to get approved + a few days to receive travel document = free of charge

#2. File new application at local office

- able to get approved immediately + a few days to receive travel document -> $305

#1:

Just call USCIS customer service and get a live person. No need to go to local office. The local office can proceed this, but when I went to Miami local office, no one knew how to handle :wacko: Calling USCIS is much safer and faster. And it's free of charge, though it takes time to get approved.

When you call, even if it is not correct selection, as long as you can get a live officer, the officer can make a request. i.e. RFE trick or whatever, try! Prepare your I-131 NOA1 with you.

You'll be asked which Expedited Criteria you are in. (Even though I told the officer my situation, she never selected it for me, I had to choose one of them :wacko: )

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

The officer will give you a special case number which cannot enter into online service. Prepare a pen & notepad.

You might be asked RFE to show the evidence later. In that case, most likely you have to go to local office later with evidence.

#2:

If it is really urgent like my case, go to your local office. No need to wait for InfoPass. They let you come in if your reason is acceptable. (If you succeeded to make an appointment as you wanted, InfoPass is better, though)

It's faster than #1 solution, however, you have to pay. Prepare I-131 and credit card, and the evidence with you. And, the local office is closed at 3PM, and many officers leave before 3PM :blink: I recommend you to go there as early as possible. (I was there at around 1:30PM, my waiting number was NEVER called. The officer who could handle my case was gone before 3PM :angry: )

I tried #2 first, but it didn't work because of horrible service of Miami local office. Other offices may handle better.

Therefore, I tried #1, and have been waiting for getting approved..... :unsure: Well, my dad regained consciousness, that's why I could wait a little bit longer.... but... :crying:

Hope this helps your case.....

K :luv:

<K-1 journey>

2007-10-18 : sent I-129F via FEDEX, 2007-10-22 : recieved by VSC

2008-03-20 : K-1 VISA in hand

<AOS journey>

2008-04-22 : sent AOS + AP + EAD package via Fedex

2008-08-08 : GC in hand

<Lifting Condition journey>

2010-05-03 : sent I-751 to VSC via USPS

2010-05-06 : NOA issued

2010-05-07 : check cashed

2010-05-12 : NOA in hand

2010-05-28 : Bio app.

2010-06-19 : Old I485 touched

2010-06-26 : CR189 touched

2010-07-16 : RFE issued

2010-08-18 : additional evidence sent by EMS

2010-08-31 : Card production notice by email

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank God your father is no longer unconscious! And thank you so much for this very helpful information! I hope you can get home as soon as possible! (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Here's what I experienced. I hope no one need to use this tips, but things happen. So I decided to share my experience. In my case, my dad collapsed because of bleeding inside skull, Hemorrhage. I need to see him and help my mom ASAP.

There are two types of "expedited AP" if you filed AP already.

#1. Use your original application

- at least 5 business days to get approved + a few days to receive travel document = free of charge

#2. File new application at local office

- able to get approved immediately + a few days to receive travel document -> $305

#1:

Just call USCIS customer service and get a live person. No need to go to local office. The local office can proceed this, but when I went to Miami local office, no one knew how to handle :wacko: Calling USCIS is much safer and faster. And it's free of charge, though it takes time to get approved.

When you call, even if it is not correct selection, as long as you can get a live officer, the officer can make a request. i.e. RFE trick or whatever, try! Prepare your I-131 NOA1 with you.

You'll be asked which Expedited Criteria you are in. (Even though I told the officer my situation, she never selected it for me, I had to choose one of them :wacko: )

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

The officer will give you a special case number which cannot enter into online service. Prepare a pen & notepad.

You might be asked RFE to show the evidence later. In that case, most likely you have to go to local office later with evidence.

#2:

If it is really urgent like my case, go to your local office. No need to wait for InfoPass. They let you come in if your reason is acceptable. (If you succeeded to make an appointment as you wanted, InfoPass is better, though)

It's faster than #1 solution, however, you have to pay. Prepare I-131 and credit card, and the evidence with you. And, the local office is closed at 3PM, and many officers leave before 3PM :blink: I recommend you to go there as early as possible. (I was there at around 1:30PM, my waiting number was NEVER called. The officer who could handle my case was gone before 3PM :angry: )

I tried #2 first, but it didn't work because of horrible service of Miami local office. Other offices may handle better.

Therefore, I tried #1, and have been waiting for getting approved..... :unsure: Well, my dad regained consciousness, that's why I could wait a little bit longer.... but... :crying:

Hope this helps your case.....

K :luv:

Thanks for the tip... I hope your father will be ok...

What is an infopass appointment by the way?? Thanks

Good luck,

Faustine

K1 journey:

I129F sent mid-october 2007

I129F received by CSV: 10/19/07

NOA1 received early March and NOA2 received on March 19th!! We got APPROVED!!

File received by NVC and sent to US Embassy in Paris: 03/10/2008

05/06/2008: I sent the packet 3 to the embassy.

05/22/2008: Packet 4 received!

06/10/2008: Medical examination in Paris.

06/17/2008: INTERVIEW: Visa approved!!

08/31/2008: WEDDING

AOS journey:

09/05/2008: AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

09/11/2008: Notice date for I-485, I-131 and I-765

10/16/2008: SSA finally gave me a SSN!!

11/17/2008: AP received and EAD approved!

11/20/2008: Biometrics appointment AND Green card interview in Fairbanks.

12/29/2008: I went to my local office to regive my biometrics. And my EAD card has finally been issued!!

01/12/2009: EAD received!! Finally

02/09/2009: GC received in the mail :) Anniversary is 01/29/11

Removal of conditions:

11/09/10: Divorced

11/18/10: Sent I-751 to CSV

11/30/10: Receipt notice received in the mail

12/30/10: Called USCIS as no news for 1 month after NOA1

1/10/11: Emailed from USCIS about my call: "The process for fingerprint appointment scheduling has been requested."

1/13/11: NOA2 ASC appointment notice

2/3/11: Biometrics at local office (NOA2 recieved on 2/2/11!!!)

2/16/11: Date of decision: APPROVED

2/24/11: Card in hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks Nagishkaw (F)

Today, I got email notice from CRIS! Yay, it was approved as of 12th!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I can go home!

Actually, they approved the day after I requested... that was much quicker than I thought. No need to pay for filing fee again :thumbs:

Faustine, InfoPass is a system of USCIS to talk to a officer face to face. Check their web site :blush:http://infopass.uscis.gov/

<K-1 journey>

2007-10-18 : sent I-129F via FEDEX, 2007-10-22 : recieved by VSC

2008-03-20 : K-1 VISA in hand

<AOS journey>

2008-04-22 : sent AOS + AP + EAD package via Fedex

2008-08-08 : GC in hand

<Lifting Condition journey>

2010-05-03 : sent I-751 to VSC via USPS

2010-05-06 : NOA issued

2010-05-07 : check cashed

2010-05-12 : NOA in hand

2010-05-28 : Bio app.

2010-06-19 : Old I485 touched

2010-06-26 : CR189 touched

2010-07-16 : RFE issued

2010-08-18 : additional evidence sent by EMS

2010-08-31 : Card production notice by email

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im so happy for you!!! I thank you for taking your time to post this when you have so much going on currently. Im sure all of this is going to come in handy some day for some people, myself included!

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• 1 year later...

congrats!

07.06.2009 - I-130 and I-485 delivered to USCIS Chicago office

07.10.2009 - personal checks cashed out

07.13.2009 - NOAs received

07.17.2009 - NOA for biometrics received

08.06.2009 - Biometrics passed

09.24.2009 - AP was send to me

09.24.2009 - EAD print ordered

09.28.2009 - AP delivered by mail service

10.02.2009 - EAD delivered by mail service

11.03.2009 - Interview in CA office

11.22.2009 - Welcome lettter

11.27.2009 - GC delivered by mail. Yahoo!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.