narzel

multi question question???

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok i am about there ive dbl and trpl checked and everything looks good just a couple questions that are yet unanswered

Do my fiancee's anullment papers serve as proof of a name change or is there something else she needs i do have a copy of her birth certificate i am contemplating adding that to the packet....... 2nd do i just make the chack payable to uscis... 3rd is it ok for the sake of filing the i-129f to just send photo copies of my birth certificate and divorce decree as long as i retain the originals if called upon later....thanks for your input all i would like to file today so any answers are appreciated

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Ok i am about there ive dbl and trpl checked and everything looks good just a couple questions that are yet unanswered

Do my fiancee's anullment papers serve as proof of a name change or is there something else she needs i do have a copy of her birth certificate i am contemplating adding that to the packet....... 2nd do i just make the chack payable to uscis... 3rd is it ok for the sake of filing the i-129f to just send photo copies of my birth certificate and divorce decree as long as i retain the originals if called upon later....thanks for your input all i would like to file today so any answers are appreciated

With the petition, unless it's an official USCIS form you're signing, send a photocopy and retain the original.

Yes, I would send a copy of her birth certificate to document the name change. Show the birth name on the petition and her former married name under "other names used".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The check is made out to the "Department of Homeland Security".

All the info you need is in the guides as well as the instructions for the I129f you find on the USCIS website.

timeline.jpg

Timeline

Just for clarification...

The uscis website forms page asks that the checks be made out to the "Department of Homeland Security" however, the I-129F instructions state that it be made out to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" (do not abbreviate).

I think I wrote out 4 checks trying to fit all that on the pay to line! :lol:

timeline.jpg

Timeline

All the info you need is in the guides as well as the instructions for the I129f you find on the USCIS website.

ok heres what ive included copies of birth certificates also my passport just in case divorce decrees anullment papers for both of us g-325a's for both with passport photo's attached photo's of my visit to the philippines with her and her family 4 email conversations including a list of emails going back to when we first met yahoo messenger chats 4 from then to now

receipt copies of my visit there copies of boarding passes letters of intent additional letter for question 18 cover letter ive put cover sheets on each type of evidence with a message more available upon request and bulked that into evidence of ongoing relationship on her g-325a she marked other and put k-1 visa i scratched out and put submitted with I-129F petition also included a separate page for I-129F question 13 part B to fit all info for her daughter and also copied all the calling cards i've used to call her i have no actual phone records other than that plus a couple letters we have exchanged

Did I Miss ANYTHING!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok heres what ive included copies of birth certificates also my passport just in case divorce decrees anullment papers for both of us g-325a's for both with passport photo's attached photo's of my visit to the philippines with her and her family 4 email conversations including a list of emails going back to when we first met yahoo messenger chats 4 from then to now

receipt copies of my visit there copies of boarding passes letters of intent additional letter for question 18 cover letter ive put cover sheets on each type of evidence with a message more available upon request and bulked that into evidence of ongoing relationship on her g-325a she marked other and put k-1 visa i scratched out and put submitted with I-129F petition also included a separate page for I-129F question 13 part B to fit all info for her daughter and also copied all the calling cards i've used to call her i have no actual phone records other than that plus a couple letters we have exchanged

Ongoing relationship evidence as well as evidence that does not prove a face to face meeting within the last two years is NOT required. This information includes e-mails, call records, letters, etc... You can save yourself some time and the USCIS some effort by not including this.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline

Ongoing relationship evidence as well as evidence that does not prove a face to face meeting within the last two years is NOT required. This information includes e-mails, call records, letters, etc... You can save yourself some time and the USCIS some effort by not including this.

but would it not make things easier if they have the info there and possibly reduce the chances of rfe

Timeline

For some of the higher-fraud consulates it is recommended by some that you send documentation of an ongoing relationship with the initial petition but, as fwaguy suggusted, it is not 'required' as per the uscis.

That being said, most of us do send some documentation supporting an ongoing relationship with the petition.

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
but would it not make things easier if they have the info there and possibly reduce the chances of rfe

Why? I think it actually increases the chance for an RFE....

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.