9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok so Adam gets his SS card in the middle of May and then the first week of June has an interview with Walmart right? Thats the good part...

We get a letter in the mail last night saying that his SS number is Invalid according to the background check company... so this morning we call SS office and they say yah your number is good but not in everyones system for 30 days! Im thinking why issue it to us thinking we can do things with it if its not any good to anyone.... (job, bank, bills,ect...) So walmart tells us to call the background check company which we did... they want him to fax a copy of his SS card and EAD work permit... guess what the government did ? stamped the EAD card in the middle where you cant read what his bday is when you fax it... so we spent 2 hours trying to figure that out with the background company then they say go get a state issued ID... so we go to the place wait in a huge line for 1 hour... get to the counter and the lady says you need your place of residence and wait in line again to be called.... Ok wait again and get to the counter and the girl says our Rental Agreement from when we moved in Feb 2008 is not valid bcz its not current... im like HOW NOT ? We just moved there and we dont move out til April 2009? ! She said it has to be in the passed 60 days ! :wow: So then Im like ok what else.... and they hand me a list...

Next we go to the bank and they say they have to check to see if Adam can be on my account bcz he is not US citizen and they do things different now! Im thinking now... do only US citizens get bank accounts with their spouses ??? :wacko: Hmmm interesting well she finds out that Adam can be added to my account but guess what... his SS number is not valid in the system !!! :protest: So we go to our apartment complex and ask for them to just update a piece of paper (rental agreement) with todays date since everyone wants to be technical about things... we then went back to the license place and brought our renters insurance, marriage certificate, and ledger of the 4 months rent that we paid ... and went to the counter. bcz there aint noooo way im waiting in line for ONE hour again... the woman wasnt too thrilled to see us... but moved us along then we are ready to process his ID ... and the guy that is going to take adams picture tries to say his name Ahmed... but says Ahmeeed.... im like no sir its AHmed like ahhhmed... he refuses to say it right! Needless to say... we had a rough day and need to find a different license place for when adam gets his license. And supposed now the background check can start back up... All of this bcz of a SS number issued 3 weeks ago and is not in everyones systems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

i was like that !!! :girlwerewolf2xn: trust me i screamed and yelled in the car for a good moment which made adam stressed ... but im better now ... glad that part was over with!

and i flunked the test if it was about patience! GRRRRR !!!

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tamara, if possible, take the entire copy of your AOS forms and shove it in the DMV's face.

Im sorry things are not going good for you two.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Has anyone else had Social Security issues like this ? Having to wait at least 30 days to work or get on bank account bcz the ss number is not in everyones system but SS admin office says thats normal???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We've had some issues with the SSA when it came time to remove the stupid "Valid for Employment.." stamp on it. They didn't want to remove the notation telling me that it's not restricted.

I don't know how long your husband has been in the US but when I got here we waited the 2 weeks went to the SSA and applied for my SSN Card with my K1. About a week or a week and a half later the card arrived. I think we went to the bank maybe a week later to setup my account and add me to my wife's account. We didn't have any problems with the number but I imagine we where past the 30 days by then? At the bank they wanted two forms of ID each with a picture, I didn't have a DL or a State ID then only my passport with the K1 in it. We somehow managed to get them to accept the Passport, K1 and the SSN Card, which was lucky I think. They had signs up in the bank at the time informing us that they would no longer accept SSN Cards as ID after a certain date, which at that point hadn't yet passed again lucky. I have to admit they didn't look at my SSN Card too fondly as it had that stupid notation on it. If they had of turned down my K1 as "Photo ID" then we'd have had to go to the DMV to get a State ID which I think would have taken the best part of a month to process by which point my SSN Card wouldn't be any good as ID!! Yes I too have more people that I ever thought possible struggle saying my name, which is quite common back home! It even seems to becoming popular as a baby name over here?

My advise if your husband has that "Valid for Employment.." notation on his SSN Card have it removed the second his green card arrives.

Good Luck!!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Customer Service almost everywhere here in the US sucks........

It always appears that you are bothering people with things they don't want to be bothered with, it seems they forget that that is their job!!!

Glad you got it sorted out in the end!

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Timeline
Finally got him on my bank accounts but it was like pulling arms and legs off them. The first guy was going to put him in the system as US citizen which I told him he is not a citizen yet so dont put that. Then we had to go home and get his passport and marriage cert. why are some things so complicated ? And still waiting on the background check to finish and find out about the job

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.