jbmail

Advice needed on obtaining Court docs for I-129 Section C

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Can anyone tell me first hand how they obtained cort records for offenses over 20 years old. My local police chief says he can ONLY run local requests and only back 11 years. Then he says I go to court. They say I have to go to Court where offenses took place. This is in TWO different states and over 8 hours driving. I THINK I only have TWO offenses, but maybe three, as they were separate offenses, but maybe one was dropped. I wrote an explantion letter, but was told I need to provide docs with offences and final dispostion, to submit with I-129F

What i don't understand is, no matter HOW I reply to this answer, they are still going to run the check regardless for records, can't they see this when doing that?

JB

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Can anyone tell me first hand how they obtained cort records for offenses over 20 years old. My local police chief says he can ONLY run local requests and only back 11 years. Then he says I go to court. They say I have to go to Court where offenses took place. This is in TWO different states and over 8 hours driving. I THINK I only have TWO offenses, but maybe three, as they were separate offenses, but maybe one was dropped. I wrote an explantion letter, but was told I need to provide docs with offences and final dispostion, to submit with I-129F

What i don't understand is, no matter HOW I reply to this answer, they are still going to run the check regardless for records, can't they see this when doing that?

JB

I would call the court clerk of both courthouses, and see if they can help. You might need the exact dates, or docket number of the papers. You might be able to get them sent to you if they have these after providing some ID to them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Update, I called the clerk of one court and she sent me Certified Copy of the record 1992

The OTHER court in another state is telling me they never starting listing OUI arrests until TWO years AFTER that date, so nothing for 1989, & if I pay for records, they won't be included , so she CLAIMS that since they weren't entered on the local level, they won't show up anywhere else. I find this HARD to believe that my TWO court cases in 1991, aren't listed on the books? So I quess the question is, where do i go from here, if this local court says NO?

J

JB

I would call the court clerk of both courthouses, and see if they can help. You might need the exact dates, or docket number of the papers. You might be able to get them sent to you if they have these after providing some ID to them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you have any documents from that States case, there has to be a docket number on it. Ask for a certified copy of that. If you went to court, I'm assuming there has to be case history on file with the ruling.

What state is it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Did you have an attorney? If so, call his/her office and see if they can obtain for you.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.