Johnta

form G-325A Goof-Up!! @#$%!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oh Noooo! I wanted to be so careful--finally got the nerve to start inking in the 'Real' copies of forms today and now this.

Let this be a cautionary tale....

What happened is--in Ukraine (where my fiancee is from) there is 'Work' recognized by the Government which goes into your official Record and unofficial work. My Fiancee teaches piano but her present "job" is at one of the many little private schools that have sprung up since communism collapsed but this school is not yet recognized by the Gov't-------- She and I should have discussed this more fully before----

she did work at a Gov't sanctioned school from 2001 to 2003 and this is what she put on the "practice" copy of G-325A that she filled out------the official one with the carbon paper she just signed and sent back to me and I'm filling it out myself----

So I put this old job in the first line that gives date____to 'Present Time'. Thinking it was her present job...

Probably it is best just to put "unemployed" at present because the present job is unofficial (salary is so low its almost volunteer anyway)----???

Should I go ahead and use this botched form and attach an explanatory note?

Can I get a new G-325A (official carbon-papper version) from somewhere?

But then I'd have to wait for IT--send it to Ukraine for her signature again--wait for it to come back again---

(3 weeks total minimum)----Dang!

Or should I just send her some downloaded copies of the form and have her sign them?

Should we list her as 'unemployed' at present??

Thanks All,

Discouraged in SC

Timeline

My own follow-up to "Goofed G-325A"

Is the 'official' bundled carbon-paper version of G325A any "better" than me sending in four copies I could print off the internet?

If I go that route I guess all four of those need to be individually signed by fiancee.

JB----who rather likes his fiancee's independend streak...!

Filed: Timeline

JB,

That was going to be my suggestion - download the form off the internet. There's nothing less 'official' about it than the old 4-part carbon forms, which are probably still around because so few people send for them anymore.

I don't understand your reasoning for not considering your fiancee's current job as work. What does recognition by the Ukraine government got to do with it? She and you are not dealing with that government in this regard.

Yodrak

My own follow-up to "Goofed G-325A"

Is the 'official' bundled carbon-paper version of G325A any "better" than me sending in four copies I could print off the internet?

If I go that route I guess all four of those need to be individually signed by fiancee.

JB----who rather likes his fiancee's independend streak...!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I understand agonizing over this; it caused me much stress.

I did download the fillable PDF; as you know the Adobe Reader is free.

And yes, all four have to be signed.

I don't know if it's too much for her to go to an Internet Cafe and use the fillable forms and print.

Then she could send them back.

Her situation though may not be where that's a good option.

On the other hand, those fillable forms can give you fits!

I have to caution that if the field you're filling is not wide enough to put all the characters in, a plus (+) sign appears and the rest is covered up.

There are drawbacks -- unless they've fixed the forms.

Watch out for the + and check it.

I read where someone didn't and if I remember correctly it caused an RFE.

Take time now so it goes as fast as it can.

Larry and Maria

Timeline

Yodrak----

Thanks---you have calmed me down for at least the second time---I appreciate it.

My fiancee is the one most worried by these 'official'/'unofficial' designations----Ukrainians tend to fear their Gov't/beauracracy-----maybe she is worried that she'll get her present employer in trouble?? I don't know.

I'm doubt that the US government/consulate really cares much about what kind of work she does or its official status.....

still not sure what to do on listing jobs---guess she and I will have to hash this out a bit more.

I guess we can save time by having her download the G325's over there by computer an send them to me.

What would I do w/o this group?

John in SC

I understand agonizing over this; it caused me much stress.

I did download the fillable PDF; as you know the Adobe Reader is free.

And yes, all four have to be signed.

I don't know if it's too much for her to go to an Internet Cafe and use the fillable forms and print.

Then she could send them back.

Her situation though may not be where that's a good option.

On the other hand, those fillable forms can give you fits!

I have to caution that if the field you're filling is not wide enough to put all the characters in, a plus (+) sign appears and the rest is covered up.

There are drawbacks -- unless they've fixed the forms.

Watch out for the + and check it.

I read where someone didn't and if I remember correctly it caused an RFE.

Take time now so it goes as fast as it can.

Hi Larry----- I don't see the fillable PDF as a good option for her-----can't she just find the form and print a bunch of copies and sign them?

John.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The easiest thing would be to fill out the form online - it automatically fills in the other 3 pages. Then she can print, sign and send them to you fed ex. If that won't work, she can fill in one, print it, and make three extra copies. Just make sure she signs them all and that you keep a copy of what you send.

On her work situation, I can't see that it matters at all. Many fiances - the beneficiary of the petition- are unemployed at the time of filing and it makes no difference since it's the USC's financial status that is important. So if she's really concerned about listing her true job and getting someone in trouble, she can just write unemployed and leave it at all - no worries.

Edited by kitkat1

Timeline
The easiest thing would be to fill out the form online - it automatically fills in the other 3 pages. Then she can print, sign and send them to you fed ex. If that won't work, she can fill in one, print it, and make three extra copies. Just make sure she signs them all and that you keep a copy of what you send.

On her work situation, I can't see that it matters at all. Many fiances - the beneficiary of the petition- are unemployed at the time of filing and it makes no difference since it's the USC's financial status that is important. So if she's really concerned about listing her true job and getting someone in trouble, she can just write unemployed and leave it at all - no worries.

Thanks again Friends!

I think we'll go with filling them in 'by hand' as computer savvy is lacking there.

Going to look into fast shipping (FedEx or?) to Ukraine tomorrow.

I think you are right about the job thing too--unemployed it is.

JB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.