• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband, without hesitation, replied "Sonic" :rofl:

I think I would miss the redbud trees, and Target (even though it's just a bigger version of Zellers), and easier access to cross-stitch supplies and Land's End.

My husband loves Sonic too! we go about twice a week for "happy hour"...I always get a Diet Cherry Limeade (have been drinking them since I was a kid) and my husbands favorites are either a strawberry milkshake or the real fruit slushies (strawberry)...

Barry also loves: mail on Saturday, the Sunday paper...its always loaded with a ton of flyers and coupons..., Blue Bunny ice cream, cheaper electronics, and his Canadian cigarettes that he buys at the smoke shop are much cheaper than in Canada....

and he loves being with my family...we BBQ a couple times a month... his family only got together for weddings and funerals...

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG - yes yes yes - mail on Saturday. I LOVE mail on Saturday! A bill doesn't sting as much when you get in on a Saturday.

Of course Chris just says - then don't get your mail on Friday and save it for Saturday, its the same thing. :lol:

partypooper.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Trailmix's crape myrtle pic in another thread made me think of this..... I will miss the beautiful exotic blooms and gorgeous colours of the trees and shrubs and flowers here in Florida. Oh, and the palms! Love those palms!

Me too. I would miss living in such an absolutely beautiful part of this world where I am surrounded by beautiful flowers 3/4s of the year - Spring here is incredible - it makes my heart sing just to see its beauty and it isn't over in a week like in Canada - it lasts nearly 2 1/2 months! Autumn is the same - it lasts for 2 1/2 months- beautiful foilage, cool nights, warm days, balmy temperatures - kind of those picture perfect moments. Winters with no snow and daytime temperatures that often reach the 50s even if it does go below freezing at night are very easy to take. We even have plants that flower through the winter - beautiful camellas. I would miss the sheer 'green' of Georgia, along with its hilliness and the incredible variety of wildlife - I mean, we have bocats and bears in the area even though I haven't seen any. After 4 years here I still have to pinch myself to remind myself this isn't a dream, that I do really live in this absolutely beautiful place with the man I love.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
LOL...Reeena, that's so funnny! There is absolutely NO MEXICAN FOOD here in Sudbury that bears any resemblance to what I'm used to in the States, and it kills me! I figured out that in the last calendar year I've been in Sudbury for 24 weeks, all without Mexican food :( Whenever I get back to the US all I make is Mexican food.

There's a really great mexican restaurant in "downtown" Sudbury. It's run by a Mexican family who immigrated to Canada a few years ago. It was there last summer, not sure if it's still there. I can't remember the exact location. It might be on Elm, west of the City Centre, or maybe Cedar ... LOL. Anyway it's west of Paris, closer to Elgin.

I grew up in Sudbury, but I never knew any of the street names. We always described things as ... on the same street as Demarco's. Or where the old Odeon used to be. ;)

Anyway, the restaurant is very authentic. And the family is so sweet and lovely.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Filed: Timeline
Trailmix's crape myrtle pic in another thread made me think of this..... I will miss the beautiful exotic blooms and gorgeous colours of the trees and shrubs and flowers here in Florida. Oh, and the palms! Love those palms!

Me too. I would miss living in such an absolutely beautiful part of this world where I am surrounded by beautiful flowers 3/4s of the year - Spring here is incredible - it makes my heart sing just to see its beauty and it isn't over in a week like in Canada - it lasts nearly 2 1/2 months! Autumn is the same - it lasts for 2 1/2 months- beautiful foilage, cool nights, warm days, balmy temperatures - kind of those picture perfect moments. Winters with no snow and daytime temperatures that often reach the 50s even if it does go below freezing at night are very easy to take. We even have plants that flower through the winter - beautiful camellas. I would miss the sheer 'green' of Georgia, along with its hilliness and the incredible variety of wildlife - I mean, we have bocats and bears in the area even though I haven't seen any. After 4 years here I still have to pinch myself to remind myself this isn't a dream, that I do really live in this absolutely beautiful place with the man I love.

Awww. Your post put a big warm smile in my heart. ^_^ I know exactly what you mean.

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline
I am the USC living here in Canada and I long for all the food in the states... I was craving taco bell the other day... we have one in Sudbury but its just over an hour away in a mall so they are not open 24-7. I LUV Outback Steak house...Olive Garden... yummy.

We have Red Lobster here, but I wasnt too impressed, maybe I was just there on a bad day.

My husband has only been to the states once. (California) and he can't wait to go back and have "roach coach" lol those big burritos from the taco truck that cost a couple bucks. Jeeze now I am hungry!!

LOL...Reeena, that's so funnny! There is absolutely NO MEXICAN FOOD here in Sudbury that bears any resemblance to what I'm used to in the States, and it kills me! I figured out that in the last calendar year I've been in Sudbury for 24 weeks, all without Mexican food :( Whenever I get back to the US all I make is Mexican food.

The Red Lobster comment was funny too...when I lived in Phoenix we ate there a lot, and I was so excited to see one in Sudbury, and I hounded my wife to go for so long...boy was I dissapointed! And it was even worse because I had to listen to "I told you so!"

:lol:

Red Lobster in Canada SUX!!!!! I've never been to one in the States. But my husband doesn't like them, either, so I'm assuming they're the same. post-21394-1212948115.gif

Mexican food.... yeah, uhhhh..... icon8.gif. I'll eat it if I have to. But definitely not from Taco Hell.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am the USC living here in Canada and I long for all the food in the states... I was craving taco bell the other day... we have one in Sudbury but its just over an hour away in a mall so they are not open 24-7. I LUV Outback Steak house...Olive Garden... yummy.

We have Red Lobster here, but I wasnt too impressed, maybe I was just there on a bad day.

My husband has only been to the states once. (California) and he can't wait to go back and have "roach coach" lol those big burritos from the taco truck that cost a couple bucks. Jeeze now I am hungry!!

The Red Lobster comment was funny too...when I lived in Phoenix we ate there a lot, and I was so excited to see one in Sudbury, and I hounded my wife to go for so long...boy was I dissapointed! And it was even worse because I had to listen to "I told you so!"

Red Lobster in Canada SUX!!!!! I've never been to one in the States. But my husband doesn't like them, either, so I'm assuming they're the same. post-21394-1212948115.gif

Mexican food.... yeah, uhhhh..... icon8.gif. I'll eat it if I have to. But definitely not from Taco Hell.

Ooo...Red Lobster in the South is good though...at least it was in Texas. But you have Joe's Crab Shacks in Florida..."Joe's Got Crabs!!"

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Ooo...Red Lobster in the South is good though...at least it was in Texas. But you have Joe's Crab Shacks in Florida..."Joe's Got Crabs!!"

I'm the USC and I've been to Red Lobster and Joe's Crab Shack here in Texas. I didn't really care for either of them, but then again, it's been years since I've been there. The last really good "regular" seafood restaurant I've been to was Truluck's (no t-shirt, jeans, sneakers; you need to dress nice and if you're going on a weekend, reservations are a must!) and for "cajun" I recently went to Denis's, which is far more relaxed than Truluck's (although I'd recommend against wearing shorts).

The thing to remember about a city like Houston is that it's right near the Gulf of Mexico so we have access to a lot of seafood (the number of seafood restaurants here is practically limitless) and since we're so close to Louisiana, we have tons of cajun places too. That's one thing I'll definitely miss when I go to Vancouver is the lack of good cajun, since I'm accustomed to having it whenever I want. I'm positive Vancouver has some fantastic restaurants (I love sushi, so I'm set in that capacity), but I've heard that cajun is difficult to get in Canada.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm the USC and I've been to Red Lobster and Joe's Crab Shack here in Texas. I didn't really care for either of them, but then again, it's been years since I've been there. The last really good "regular" seafood restaurant I've been to was Truluck's (no t-shirt, jeans, sneakers; you need to dress nice and if you're going on a weekend, reservations are a must!) and for "cajun" I recently went to Denis's, which is far more relaxed than Truluck's (although I'd recommend against wearing shorts).

The thing to remember about a city like Houston is that it's right near the Gulf of Mexico so we have access to a lot of seafood (the number of seafood restaurants here is practically limitless) and since we're so close to Louisiana, we have tons of cajun places too. That's one thing I'll definitely miss when I go to Vancouver is the lack of good cajun, since I'm accustomed to having it whenever I want. I'm positive Vancouver has some fantastic restaurants (I love sushi, so I'm set in that capacity), but I've heard that cajun is difficult to get in Canada.

You never know about Cajun though, because we have an awesome cajun place way up in Alaska. The owner was given the key to the City of New Orleans :) But the problem with a lot of cajun wannabe places is that they think the hotter the food is, the more authentic it must be.

You would have been ashamed to see the crawfish they had at the Red Lobster here in Sudbury.

I love Texas food...a friend of mine in College Station took us to the most out of the way places and they were unbelieveable!

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd miss pretty much everything from the TV line ups to the food to the grocery store items to everything. I'm just thinking of one thing that I wouldn't miss, and can't come up with anything off the top of my head...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Most of what I'd miss has been said already - Mail system, Mexican food, Target, palm trees (we are moving to San Diego yay!!). Also have to add cheap mani/pedis. The constant sunshine (I'm from the West Coast). Nordstrom Rack.

Concurrent I-130 and AOS

Nov 30 2007 - I enter US as a tourist to spend the ski season with my sweetie and figure out what we both want outta life - we plan on ending up in Canada, but...

Jan 30 2008 - We get married in Vegas! We decide to stay in the US.

Feb 08 2008 - File I-130, I-485, AP and EAD

Feb 11 2008 - Package arrives in Chicago

Feb 19 2008 - Receive NOA 1 for everything except I-485. NOA date Feb 15th

Feb 19 2008 - Touch I-130, AP, EAD

Feb 21 2008 - Receive I-485 NOA 1. NOA Date Feb 15th

Feb 22 2008 - Receive Biometrics notice, dated Feb 20th, for appointment March 11th

Feb 27 2008 - Walk in to Denver field office and have Biometrics taken early as the 11th March I'll be away

Apr 16 2008 - EAD card production ordered

Apr 16 2008 - AP approval sent

Apr 21 2008 - AP received in mail

Apr 21 2008 - EAD card production email received again - strange

Apr 24 2008 - EAD card approval notice sent email

Apr 26 2008 - EAD card received

May 03 2008 - Interview notice received -June 27th

May 22 2008 - Touch on I-485

June 09 2008 - I-130 finally shows up online and shows a touch that day, so does I-485

Jun 27 2008 - Interview - approved, stamped, received card production email. Ya-hoo!!!!

July 10 2008 - Card received

Total time from filing - approval: 4.5 months

MOVED TO SAN DIEGO!!

Lifting of Conditions

June 11 2010 - Package mailed

June 16 2010 - NOA date

July 2 2010 - Bio letter received - July 27th date

July 9 2010 - Early biometrics walk in San Marcos CA

Sept 16 2010 - Card production ordered

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband, without hesitation, replied "Sonic" :rofl:

I think I would miss the redbud trees, and Target (even though it's just a bigger version of Zellers), and easier access to cross-stitch supplies and Land's End.

Actually, Zellers is a copy of Target. I used to work for Zellers and they made their stores like Target's. They actually said they wanted to make them look like Target stores.

Makes sense to me! They did a pretty good job of imitating Target, for sure.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

once you have had real Mexican food.. Taco Bell's ####### seems even worse.. I will not ever go back to Taco Bell if i can help it :P....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.