trailmix

Pictures of your Wedding

242 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
That looks like a lot of fun, Wacken! But... uhhhh.... the THIRD day of your wedding? I didn't even want a first! :lol:

:lol:

In Germany, the only legal weddings are ones performed at the Standesamt. The Standesamt is a governmental body and being such, you generally had to have your wedding on a business day during business hours. Out of blue, we decided to do it on a Thursday. Naturally, not everyone could show up on a Thursday in the middle of the morning, so we created an event on Saturday that everyone could attend. On Friday, it was kind of a large family reunion for my husband's family (unfortunately, none of mine could afford the trip). On Saturday, we had the reception you see above which was open to all friends and family. It lasted from 6pm-5am. We were kind of nervous about if people would actually show up in costume, but everyone did and showed up ready to party. I don't think I could have asked for a better wedding, all and all. :D

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
That looks like a lot of fun, Wacken! But... uhhhh.... the THIRD day of your wedding? I didn't even want a first! :lol:

:lol:

In Germany, the only legal weddings are ones performed at the Standesamt. The Standesamt is a governmental body and being such, you generally had to have your wedding on a business day during business hours. Out of blue, we decided to do it on a Thursday. Naturally, not everyone could show up on a Thursday in the middle of the morning, so we created an event on Saturday that everyone could attend. On Friday, it was kind of a large family reunion for my husband's family (unfortunately, none of mine could afford the trip). On Saturday, we had the reception you see above which was open to all friends and family. It lasted from 6pm-5am. We were kind of nervous about if people would actually show up in costume, but everyone did and showed up ready to party. I don't think I could have asked for a better wedding, all and all. :D

That is AWESOME. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
You know.... I really should check that photo section once in a while. I had no idea you were in there, Cassie! :lol: You are right.... they are lovely pictures. Thanks for yours too, Leafgal! Gosh, it's so nice to see everybody!

Indeed! everyone has such beautiful pictures :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Oh, man... I can't decide which ones to post...

Our "altar":

>

First part of our ceremony:

>

"Professional" photo of our vows:

>

Releasing butterflies:

>

The big kiss!

>

Edited by Necrotica

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Ok, this is crappy. I can't edit my post because it says I "do not have permission to edit that message". Just click the links to see my photos, I guess.

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
_00013_resize-1.jpg

Wacken, the shirt your husband is wearing is almost identical to the one P will wear for our medieval wedding! I love it :)

We're doing a sort of long wedding too. We're having a Polterabend 2 days before (because the day before is my son's birthday) then the wedding, which will be small, 45 guests, and then the day after we are going to the local Renaissance Fair with our families and friends.

I love everyone's pictures and I promise to post some after August 1st

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Timeline

Wow. What a beautiful setting, Necrotica.

Wacken, the shirt your husband is wearing is almost identical to the one P will wear for our medieval wedding! I love it :)

We're doing a sort of long wedding too. We're having a Polterabend 2 days before (because the day before is my son's birthday) then the wedding, which will be small, 45 guests, and then the day after we are going to the local Renaissance Fair with our families and friends.

OMG, I had the BEST time at the local Renaissance fair in Ontario! And my sister had a medieval wedding too! Only hers was in a castle in Ireland.... in Galway. She hired a coach for all of us to travel from England to Ireland and back. We stayed for almost a week and the bus driver took us all sightseeing in between. He brought his wife and they came to the wedding too. They were a hoot. I had soooooooooo much fun! Being single in Dublin was the BEST! :luv:

Hmmm. I wonder if I have any pics of her wedding on this computer? :unsure: I'll check!

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I like the shirt too. I think we got it from some wool products street vendor in Oldenburg about two weeks before the wedding.

I look forward to seeing the pics, though I think we all understand if you are a little late in posting them. :devil:

Wow. What a beautiful setting, Necrotica.

I agree! Thanks for sharing!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our "altar":

001_1.jpg

First part of our ceremony:

006_6.jpg

"Professional" photo of our vows:

prophoto2.jpg

Releasing butterflies:

024_24.jpg

The big kiss!

025_25.jpg

Here you go Necrotica! It really is a beautiful setting, where did you get married?

I love that all of these weddings are so different too :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Necrotica, your dress was beautiful! :yes:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

All the pictures are beautiful!!

Here are a couple of ours, since we have not received all of them from the photographer... including the ones in the church

after I messed up and said "I Stephen" instead of " I Rena" lol couldn't stop laughing after that but it did break the ice!!!

Ah my files seem to be to large to upload...

Edited by Reeena

Our Journey

6 June 2008- Mailed I130 to Toronto (DCF)

7 Nov 2008- I130 approved in Toronto!!

21 Nov 2008- Received Packet 3 from Montreal

4 Jan 2009- Mailed Packet back

9 Feb 2009- Medical in Toronto

24 Apr 2009- Interview in Montreal...Approved!!!

30 Apr 2009- Received Visa... few hours later crossed to border for the 6 day drive to Utah!!

6 Apr 2009- Arrived at our new HOME!!

13 May 2009- Welcome letter received

19 May 2009- Went to social security office and "applied" for SSN

22 May 2009- SS Card arrived in mail!! (I guess they did send in the paperwork at the interview...)

???????<<<<waiting for GC>>>>>>

Timeline

Necrotica, your dress is so lovely and you both look so happy! It makes me smile to see such happy wedding pictures. :D

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Timeline

432634626_bb97f44788_m.jpg

432634420_7826b65c2b.jpg

432639343_f994e53ad1.jpg

I hope these come out, they're from my flickr account. :D

Trailmix, where are your photos?

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.