jakester

Confused what to do...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi everyone. This is Jakester. I just became a new member here. I would really appreciate some help.. I filed I 130 and I 129F.. I got approved for I 130 on March 24.. However, my I 129F shows still pending.. I called USCIS today and I talked with an officer who looks at applications. She told me that my I 129F is closed because my I 130 got approved. I decided to call again a few minutes later and I got the same lady on the phone. Is what she says true? Is my I 129F really closed? My lawyer said to just wait for the I 129F to get approved. I don't know if it will get approved now. What should I do? Should I just go for my I 130 since it's approved or wait for the I 129F to get approved? This is really frustrating. I would appreciate some help. Thanks all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone. This is Jakester. I just became a new member here. I would really appreciate some help.. I filed I 130 and I 129F.. I got approved for I 130 on March 24.. However, my I 129F shows still pending.. I called USCIS today and I talked with an officer who looks at applications. She told me that my I 129F is closed because my I 130 got approved. I decided to call again a few minutes later and I got the same lady on the phone. Is what she says true? Is my I 129F really closed? My lawyer said to just wait for the I 129F to get approved. I don't know if it will get approved now. What should I do? Should I just go for my I 130 since it's approved or wait for the I 129F to get approved? This is really frustrating. I would appreciate some help. Thanks all.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I wish they would have cancelled my I-129 and let me go with a CR-1 rather than a K-3. In my case, it would have been about the same amount of time, and the CR-1 is a better visa due to it's cheaper cost and no need to adjust status when your spouse gets to the US.

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Your lawyer is unaware that from about November 2007 to late April 2008, the Vermont Service Center was invalidating/closing I-129F petitions for spouse if the preceding I-130 was approved. At this point you need to follow the CR1 path. It's the only one open to you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Yes, don't wait for the I-129F approval. When the NVC receives your I-130 start right away. You can use a shortcut. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=7083 Which could get you through the NVC in 4 to 6 weeks.

4-29-08 - Mailed I-130 & I-129F together to CSC

CSC

I-130 I-129F

5-01-08 - NOA1 5-02-08 - NOA1

5-04-08 - Touched 5-06-08 - Touched

5-05-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail 5-08-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail

5-14-08 - Touched 5-14-08 - Touched

5-20-08 - Touched

5-29-08 - NOA2................................5-29-08 - NOA2

5-30-08 - Touched............................5-30-08 - Touched

6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy..........6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy

NVC

6-05-08 - NVC rcvd, new # & IIN.......6-04-08 - NVC rcvd, new #

6-15-08 - NVC invoiced AOS..............6-09-08 - Shipped DHL to Bs. As.

6-15-08 - Paid AOS online..................6-11-08 - Dlvd to Embassy

6-15-08 - Sent DS-3032 email...........6-17-08 - Received e-mail Packet 3

6-17-08 - AOS shows PAID!!!............6-25-08 - Turnned in Packet 3

6-17-08 - Sent AOS pkg Fed Ex.........7-11-08 - Medical

6-23-08 - DS-3032 accepted..............8-14-08 - Interview!!!

6-26-08 - NVC says my I-864EZ is not original Signature (BS!!!)

6-28-08 - IV bill invoiced online.

7-01-08 - Paid IV Bill online

7-01-08 - Re-sent I-864EZ

7-02-08 - IV Bill show "Paid"

7-02-08 - NVC Received I-864EZ, again!!

7-03-08 - Sent DS-230 via FedEx.

7-03-08 - NVC recieves and enters new I-864EZ

7-07-08 - NVC receives and enters DS-230

7-16-08 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

8-14-08 - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

8-19-08 - POE, Washington DC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Looks like you will probably be doing CR-1 this has several advantages over K-3. K-3 is NOT work auth, CR-1 is. So if your spouse wishes to work, apply for a driver's license and apply for SSN, K-3 cannot until they have EAD or green-card, EAD can take 90 days or so to get. CR-1 receives green-card upon entry so CAN take a job, apply for driver's license, and get SSN

Compare timelines, select advanced, filter for South Korea, and then look at the time from filing to interview for CR-1 and K-3, you will find that they are not that much different for most.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thanks for your help. These USCIS people don't let us know about what's going on. It's frustrating waiting for a reply. When I received my I 130 approval notice, my lawyer said to wait until the I 129F gets approved. He said it wouldn't take long for them to approve that. Now, I see that they're canceling my I 129F. I waited about two months before calling USCIS. :angry: I was wondering how long it would take for NVC to send the package to my wife in Korea? Will it be quick or do I have to wait for a long time? Also, if I go the I 130 route, it says that my wife will come in with a green card. How long will she have to wait to get a green card once she get's approved at the interview? would it take lesser time than getting it in the States? (EAD, green card- about 90 days?). Thanks again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for your help. These USCIS people don't let us know about what's going on. It's frustrating waiting for a reply. When I received my I 130 approval notice, my lawyer said to wait until the I 129F gets approved. He said it wouldn't take long for them to approve that. Now, I see that they're canceling my I 129F. I waited about two months before calling USCIS. :angry: I was wondering how long it would take for NVC to send the package to my wife in Korea? Will it be quick or do I have to wait for a long time? Also, if I go the I 130 route, it says that my wife will come in with a green card. How long will she have to wait to get a green card once she get's approved at the interview? would it take lesser time than getting it in the States? (EAD, green card- about 90 days?). Thanks again
She wont get green-card at interview, she will get an immigrant visa. She will get an I-551 stamp in passport when entering the USA, this makes the passport act as a temp green-card, and the actual card will show up in the mail a few weeks later.

Some report taking months to YEARS for AOS to get green-card to be approved when adjusting in the USA from a NON-immigrant visa like K-3.

What happens next is NVC will send the petitioner in the USA a fee bill, and I-864 bill.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
She wont get green-card at interview, she will get an immigrant visa. She will get an I-551 stamp in passport when entering the USA, this makes the passport act as a temp green-card, and the actual card will show up in the mail a few weeks later.

Some report taking months to YEARS for AOS to get green-card to be approved when adjusting in the USA from a NON-immigrant visa like K-3.

What happens next is NVC will send the petitioner in the USA a fee bill, and I-864 bill.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

Actually unless the OP fires the attorney, NVC will send to the attorney.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.