bubbles123

can anyone tell me this

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a question. My hubby says he applied for a visitor's visa some years ago, and was sent invitation letter on his behalf to come over, but officer said sorru come back in 6 mos. The passport he presented at the embassy has his date of birth incorrect, but on pg 3 his correct date of birth is noted observations. it also has a renewal dateof 2010 which are all signed and it has the country's seal too, But it is hand written. It has also been stamped with the consular info under the visa section in the passport with a big capital B next to it in blue pen. Now when he goes to the embassy for his marriage visa interview is it ok for him to use this passport, or should he just get a new one that is printed with the correct d.ob to carry along with the original one and let them know of this mistake. Is this complicated and do you guys think it will be a problem?. Also he says the invitee submitted it for him and we dont know which d.ob he used. We are looking into it i was wondering if we are going to need a lawyer i want all this cleared up before his interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If he has a new passport that he presents to the consulate that will have the visa put into, why does he need to travel with the old one?

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
If he has a new passport that he presents to the consulate that will have the visa put into, why does he need to travel with the old one?

Just in case they question the previous visa aplication, he presented the old passport with the incorrect dob printed , but the observations had d.o.b corrected and signed, they also took his fingerprints I also heard that they dont like observations in the passports so thats another reason we decided to get a new one . They check past visa application at the embassy sometimes i read. his godfather applied for him to come over 4years ago, and we dont know if they have this passport on file and if he used the incorrect dob . we dont want to get accused of misrepresentation under law , thats why im tying to get this clear as of now to avoid that..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just in case they question the previous visa aplication, he presented the old passport with the incorrect dob printed , but the observations had d.o.b corrected and signed, they also took his fingerprints I also heard that they dont like observations in the passports so thats another reason we decided to get a new one . They check past visa application at the embassy sometimes i read. his godfather applied for him to come over 4years ago, and we dont know if they have this passport on file and if he used the incorrect dob . we dont want to get accused of misrepresentation under law , thats why im tying to get this clear as of now to avoid that..

first incorrect dob printed on passort it's common in nigeria.second embassy go by application form, if ur hubby fill the correct DOB on his previous application form that will be ok. i said it in ur other post to tell your hubby to dig his previous application and check everything well. embassy always keep the previous application to compare with the present information, no matter how long the application is. especially with the fingerprint techonogy.he can have the old passport with him on the interview day for saver side if anything pop up about it, he show it tto he CO and explain himself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.