thetreble

HNIC Song

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What the %$#@!!!???

I'm actually disheartened by this. It's...cultural!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Since the mind-80s I have been listening to that intro song pretty much every saturday night. (until i moved to this god forsaken place I guess..hahah ;) )

It just seems like it's iconic in a way....Why is there a need to change it? This might just be as bad as when Blue died :(

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I read on one site, she gets about $500 a game for it!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

OMFG - that's just wrong. Honestly, I bet it'll be just like when CBC wouldn't negotiate a pay raise for Ron McLean - so much outrage that they just did it in the end.

When I first met Chris - he lived on this small small island in Alaska. And when I first arrived, all the locals would sing the HNIC song when I walked through the grocery store. It made it feel like home. Everyone knows that song - its part of being CDN.

Timeline

oh ya,there will be some serious outrage over this!! i wish i knew how to download the theme to my verizon cell phone!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
OMFG - that's just wrong. Honestly, I bet it'll be just like when CBC wouldn't negotiate a pay raise for Ron McLean - so much outrage that they just did it in the end.

When I first met Chris - he lived on this small small island in Alaska. And when I first arrived, all the locals would sing the HNIC song when I walked through the grocery store. It made it feel like home. Everyone knows that song - its part of being CDN.

Where in Alaska did he live? I might know him :thumbs:

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Filed: Timeline

Ruh roh. Careful Catt. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ruh roh. Careful Catt. :lol:

It's too late now!! She already married him no matter what I might know ;)

Timeline

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

7/17/2008 Visa received

Timeline

Perhaps it is time for us all to write about our outrage to them, like it was said shades of the Ron McLean debacle.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline

Chris lived in Metlakatla - aka Annette Island Indian Reservation

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=met...sa=N&tab=wl

And a caveat - prior to January, 2006 I am not responsible for a single thing or person his did! :devil:

Timeline

never cared for hockey...

and if you want the song on your cell just transfer it from your computer... thats what i do..

AOS Timeline

12/05/2007 - Mailed AOS package

07/03/2008 - Received Welcome Letter and Green Card in Mail.

Timeline

Chris lived in Metlakatla - aka Annette Island Indian Reservation

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=met...sa=N&tab=wl

And a caveat - prior to January, 2006 I am not responsible for a single thing or person his did! :devil:

I never met anyone from there, so you're safe ;)

never cared for hockey...

and if you want the song on your cell just transfer it from your computer... thats what i do..

Earmuffs, it's a good thing you live in Texas then!! Plenty of NASCAR and football to keep you busy...

Timeline

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

7/17/2008 Visa received

Timeline

As news reports circulated Thursday suggesting the CBC had already dumped Claman's composition, objections were quickly voiced by ordinary fans and more notable ones -- including Alberta Premier Ed Stelmach and longtime Hockey Night in Canada commentator Howie Meeker.

"This is ridiculous," Stelmach said as the Alberta legislature's spring session wrapped up Thursday.

"Aside from O Canada, the Maple Leaf Forever, really the Hockey Night in Canada theme -- I mean we hear it everywhere, even during the summer."

"You get to a barbecue in rural Alberta and somebody strikes it up after a good volume of O Canada, and it's going to disappear?"

The premier became emotional about the topic and took a deep breath before saying the CBC has caused him a few heartaches and sleepless nights.

He suggested he'd take his "pent-up" feelings to iconic hockey personality Don Cherry.

Meeker, a former NHLer renowned for his high-energy presence during decades of hockey telecasts, was apoplectic over the reported demise of the theme.

"To half the Canadians 40 years and over, we grew up with that damn thing," Meeker, the 84-year-old ex-Toronto Maple Leaf and former Conservative MP, said from his home in Parksville, B.C.

"That's part of our history, part of our life, part of the enthusiasm for the game. When you heard that, you thought Canada, you thought hockey, you thought CBC. What idiot -- What the hell are they trying to do? Who's running the CBC?"

Calgary Herald

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.