4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello! I am going to be needing an affadavit of support form. My wife does not have a job so she can not supply suffiecient documentation for me. What options do we have? Her family members have rejected to sponsor me due to feeling as if the government will have them under privacy lock and key and all of their privacy would be exposed. They feelt his way because I am from an Islamic country and they feel the government wll double exammine all behavior of them for the next few years due to signing the affadavit of support for me. She has asked all of our mutual and non-mutual friends and nobody has been caring enough to support us. So, what are our options? I do not want to get approved in the next few weeks and not have a sponsor when the time comes. Very worried here because I know the approval is not far from now. Any information you provide to me, will be highly-appreciated!

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." ~Charles M. Schulz

ticker_43d762ca733a839226415450b0dbf9d2.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

She either has to find someone else or she needs to get a job.

Regardless of your Islamic background, it's a lot to ask someone to sponsor you so that you do not become a public charge to the U.S. If she has savings or assets she can use those but it will need to be quite a bit.

good luck

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
She either has to find someone else or she needs to get a job.

Regardless of your Islamic background, it's a lot to ask someone to sponsor you so that you do not become a public charge to the U.S. If she has savings or assets she can use those but it will need to be quite a bit.

good luck

I agree with what KimandRuss said.

Don't take it personal, but I was just wondering how you will work things out financially, given that you won't be able to work right after you enter the US (assuming you are applying for a K1)?

My advice would be to sit down with your wife/fiance (not sure which one applies here) and consider all possible options. As a last resort she could move to your country for a while. I think that would be the only other option in case your SO can't meet the financial support guidelines.

Good luck and all the best!!!!

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Have you met her parents? That might help change their minds.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.