ryecatcher25

Need help with POE, thanks all

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

can someone explain points of entry?

how does my fiancee need to enter the country by plane?

can i use my credit card to buy the ticket or will their be problems?

i am in kansas and fiancee from philippines, any suggestions on how to fly in?

thanks

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

POE is the first place the traveller enters the USA be it an airport or border depending on how they travel. They can travel by any means as long as its paid for, legal and they have the correct visa.

Most major airlines will accpet credit cards - Im not sure what you mean by 'will there be problems'..do you mean problems because your partner will not be buying her own ticket? If so then I can't see why that should be an issue.

As for how to fly in - find out which airlines fly that route - I suggest an online travel agency or airline website.

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Greetings!

POE meaning port of entry.

YES, you can purchase the ticket here in the States and your fiancee' will just claim the ticket in the Philippines. She may pay P1.620.00 pesos as tax either from the airline office where she is going to pick up the ticket or she may be ask to pay it at the airport. ( i would advise her to pay tax when she pick the ticket to avoid hassles at the airport. and ofcourse you can use your creditcard.

Griffin

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
can someone explain points of entry?

the port of entry is the first place one enters the country when arriving from a foreign country, it is also where your fiancée will go through immigration.

how does my fiancee need to enter the country by plane?

by arriving at the POE and going thru customs and then going through immigration

can i use my credit card to buy the ticket or will their be problems?

no problem

i am in kansas and fiancee from philippines, any suggestions on how to fly in?

not sure on this one...i'm sure someone will be able to answer that one.

thanks

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey, as far as the ticket goes, you may want to be sure to buy the ticket far enough in advance so that she can pick it up at the airline, instead of trying for an e-ticket. When I went to book Amed's connecting flight from JFK to Charlotte, I was trying to use my credit card to get him an e-ticket (since there is no Delta in Algeria where he could pick up the ticket), and their rules for e-tickets state that you may be required to show the credit card you purchased the ticket with upon receipt of your boarding pass. We got around this by buying the ticket off of Expedia, but I know a lot of airlines have this rule. We were trying to do everything super-quickly and didn't want to wait for paper tickets to be delivered, so we went the e-ticket route. You may want to avoid that, though.

Just FYI. Good luck!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiancee has tickets and is flying to the US from the Philiipines soon. Philippine Airlines has a policy that states that the card holder must be traveling with the person regardless of the names on the ticket. I tried going through travel agencies and they came back with we can't help you. I sent My Fiancee the money. She bought the tickets. Maybe other airlines do not have this policy.

Introduced by email from her friend April 8, 2005

First visit July 17, 2005 through July 24, 2005

Engaged July 19, 2005

Sent in I-129F August 5, 2005 to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->TSC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

NOA1 received with a CSC address on I-797C form August 16,2005

NOA2 11/03/05

Approval received by Email 11/04/05

Snail Mail copy received 11/7/05

Letter recieved from the <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> November 17, 2005.

Manila received petition November 25, 2005

Visited Leonedesa January 2006.

Medical 3/30/06

Interview 4/6/06

Packet sent to her 2/13/06

Visited April 2006

We got the visa! 4/20/06

CFO done 4/26/06

May 12, 2006 SHE'S HERE

Married June 30, 2006

AOS sent 8/5/06

Biometrics 9/7/06

AOS Approval 10/19/06

Sent in I-751 Petition 7/23/08

NOA1+1 year extension 8/4/08

Biometrics 8/23/08

I-571 Petition Approved 4/27/09

Cards ordered 6/27/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.