Javier

lost passport

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Somebody can help me, i have my interview in a few weeks and i lost my passport. I don't have time to get a new one, so i want to know if i can go to the interview with a police report saying that i lost my passport, but i don't know how i can justificated my trips. any idea? Please help me

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline
Somebody can help me, i have my interview in a few weeks and i lost my passport. I don't have time to get a new one, so i want to know if i can go to the interview with a police report saying that i lost my passport, but i don't know how i can justificated my trips. any idea? Please help me

you NEED you passaport for the interview....

you can try to re-schdule you interview until you have your passaport..i would suggest you go to the police report it stolen...and immediately go and get a new passaport...then call the embassy explain to them the situation and ask if you could re-shedule the interview

!!Our Journey!!!

Karla and Jaime

Married on 4-14-2007

I130 sent- 5-8-2007

I130 approved-9-7-2007

5-9-2208 APPROVED VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!! (second interview)

5-26-08 VISA IN HAND FINALLY!!

6-12-08 MY HUBBY IS COMING HOME YAY!! POE LAX!

6-23-08 social security received WOW SUPER FAST!!!

6-24-08 green card arrived!!! WHOOT WHOOT!

3-24-2010 Sent I-751 paperwork to California service center

8-3-2010 I-751 approved!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Be sure to ask for an expedite on issuing a new passport.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It all depends on what part of the process you are at. If your interview is at the consulate level in a foreign country then you need your passport as that is what they put your visa in.

We need more information on your situation before we can provide more help!

AOS

Date Filed : 2008-02-15

NOA Date : 2008-02-26

RFE(s) : 2008-03-13

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-07-23

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-07-23

Approved : 2008-07-23

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

EAD

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

Approved Date : 2008-04-24

Date Card Received : 2008-05-03

Comments : Packet Arrived in Chicago - Feb 20, 2008

Check cashed Feb 28, 2008

AP

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 2008-04-24

Date Received : 2008-05-01

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I have my interview for the citizenship here in USA, not in the consulate. I really don't want to reschudule my interview, i wait more than a year for this time and i want to finish a.s.a.p.

Thanks

Was your passport misplaced or stolen? And if misplaced, are other items missing with it? First response to losing something important is to panic, and rush around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to find it. Find it more helpful to lay on the floor on your back fold your hands over your chest, close your eyes and clear your mind of all thoughts and go into a deep state of relaxation in a noise free room. Then carefully mentally trace back your steps from the last time you recall seeing your lost item then to concentrate on that item. I feel your deep subconscious mind knows where that item is and you have to be in a perfectly relaxed state to reach it.

That only holds true if you lost it, a shirt or jacket pocket, wrong folder or envelop, etc. If you have family members, especially young kids, may find it in their toy box or under their bed. Thing is, to be calm, and if you are sure it's in your home someplace, it's a good time to do some spring cleaning.

We all had to make copies of our passports for the initial immigration procedure, I elected to scan all this stuff and make backup's burning our immigration files to a CD. Also e-mailed copies of our passports to a few friends and relatives, just in case they got lost when we were on the road. This is highly recommended especially if you are trying to get back into this country. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cures.

Most important thing is to remain clam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.