Sign in to follow this  
alienlovechild

Nursing license and Advanced Parole

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is close to her interview date but now we have hit a major snag in the visa process leaving us with some painful choices. She wants to get her Filipino nursing license but the exams are held in June (she's not ready) and November.

We should:

1) Wait until after she gets her license in the Philippines and endure 4 or 5 months more seperation?

2) Have her come to the U.S. and get a license here and then take the NCLEX?

3) Have her come to the U.S., get advanced parole, have her go back to take license exam in the Philippines and then hope she can get back in the U.S.?

4) Make cardboard cut out likenesses of one another and marry the cardboard?

This blows because I thought we were near the finish line and now it appears to have moved beyond the horizon.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Interview for the visa now and then come to the USA later. K-1 is valid for 6 months.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually K1 is valid for 90 days, but I otherwise agree. Even if she got her nursing license now, she would have to wait until she got permission to work, which will be after you get married and then applied for EAD (Employment Authorization Document, which you get while you are waiting for the Greencard). So when she gets here, she will have time to study up on the NCLEX. There are computer programs or books you can buy on Amazon to help with the NCLEX studies.

One correction, you mentioned getting the nursing license and then taking the NCLEX. Actually you must take the NCLEX first before you get a license, it is a requirement. I know, my wife is an RN. If things change and she is able to get her license in the Phillipines, she may not have to take the NCLEX, as I *think* there is some sort of agreement between the two countries. Anyway, her nursing school there would know that for sure.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pe_27390_92056...?node=267958011 search for NCLEX

Sent 129F to Nebraska on Feb. 1

Received Feb. 4

NOA1 received Feb. 11

NOA2 online April 19th. (Day 74)

NOA2 received snail mail April 25th. (Day 80)

Letter from <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> arrived on May 9th.

Packet 3 sent in July 22nd.

Packet 4 received July 29th.

Interview scheduled for Sept. 14th.

VISA approved Sept. 14th!!

Belinda enters the U.S. on Oct. 16th, with me, in Blaine, WA

Marraige on November 18

AOS, <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->EAD<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->, and AP sent November 18

NOA1 for AOS, AP, but <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->EAD<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> returned, we forgot line 16 (December 2)

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->EAD<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> re-sent December 5th.

I-751 sent to Nebraska, March 25, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe you have 6 months to activate the visa and once your fiancee enters the US you have 90 days to marry.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiancee is close to her interview date but now we have hit a major snag in the visa process leaving us with some painful choices. She wants to get her Filipino nursing license but the exams are held in June (she's not ready) and November.

We should:

1) Wait until after she gets her license in the Philippines and endure 4 or 5 months more seperation?

2) Have her come to the U.S. and get a license here and then take the NCLEX?

3) Have her come to the U.S., get advanced parole, have her go back to take license exam in the Philippines and then hope she can get back in the U.S.?

4) Make cardboard cut out likenesses of one another and marry the cardboard?

This blows because I thought we were near the finish line and now it appears to have moved beyond the horizon.

........Hello guys..i think just continue her interview as what u said she's not yet ready..local nursing exam in the philippines is not something that is trial and error..cos im a nursing graduate my self..She can get nclex exam without asking for her license where she came from, that is in some other states not all in the usa..better have her interview first so u'll be together soon,,happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! hahaha...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Actually K1 is valid for 90 days, but I otherwise agree. Even if she got her nursing license now, she would have to wait until she got permission to work, which will be after you get married and then applied for EAD (Employment Authorization Document, which you get while you are waiting for the Greencard). So when she gets here, she will have time to study up on the NCLEX. There are computer programs or books you can buy on Amazon to help with the NCLEX studies.

One correction, you mentioned getting the nursing license and then taking the NCLEX. Actually you must take the NCLEX first before you get a license, it is a requirement. I know, my wife is an RN. If things change and she is able to get her license in the Phillipines, she may not have to take the NCLEX, as I *think* there is some sort of agreement between the two countries. Anyway, her nursing school there would know that for sure.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pe_27390_92056...?node=267958011 search for NCLEX

NOPE :no: The visa is valid for 6 months after it is issued. And once it is used to enter the USA, the K-1 holder will be given 90 days stay on the I-94.

K-1-----Entries: One-----Validity:6 Months
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reci...ocity_3650.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.