utto

How can i get or apply for green card?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I was unmarried son under 21 ..I will be on my 21 this September on 2008. I was an student with F1 visa in the US.

My mom and dad both got Green Card. My sister was an citizen.

Are there any ways to help me to apply for green card as soon as possible? What form should i file out?

Another case is my sister and brother from vietnam. What form should they or my parents file out?

Thank you very much ..I really appreciate that ..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Two options:

If one of your parents is a US citizen, and the marriage happened before your 18th birthday, then you should be able to adjust status based on your US citizen Parent/Step parent being able to file an I-130 for you and an immediate visa being available for you.

If this is not the case then you cannot adjust status, and your biological parent will need to file an I-130, and you will have to wait for a visa number to come up and then interview at the US consulate in your home country for a IR-Visa.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_1360.html

Only other option is for you to marry a US citizen.

Parents file I-130 for your siblings.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yopu wrote "My sister was an citizen." If she is still alive - she can file for you but the wait for a brother/sister is several years and it may be better to wait for your parents to become citizen first.

I was petitioned by my sister but in those days (yes, it was long ago) it just took months - the current wait for people from India in the brother/sister category is about 15 years (I am told).

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Yopu wrote "My sister was an citizen." If she is still alive - she can file for you but the wait for a brother/sister is several years and it may be better to wait for your parents to become citizen first.

I was petitioned by my sister but in those days (yes, it was long ago) it just took months - the current wait for people from India in the brother/sister category is about 15 years (I am told).

Second that, my mom was petitioned by my uncle (USCitizen). Right now the wait for Mexican citizens, siblings of a US Citizen is long. To give you an idea, my mom was petitioned on 2001, she received her acceptance letter on 2005 but she still has to wait a couple of more years. As of right now, they are giving visas to people from MX who submitted their paperwork on 1994. 14 yrs of wait time :( Therefore, I'm applying for citizenship on 2011 and petitioning her as soon as I can ;)

Marry a US Citizen (no limited # of visas for spouses), ask your mom or dad to apply for citizenship (doesn't take as long as it takes for siblings)

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.