sukie175

Baking English Goody

29 posts in this topic

Haha - I have just put my first homemade Sausage Rolls in the oven and am now :dance: around the kitchen!

I was missing them so bad and then I met another English lady in the city and she told me how to make them. So I bought me some prepared pork sausage and sage mix, a pack of puff pastry and hey presto....

I may be quiet for awhile whilst I stuff my face :P

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

mffffffft,munch,munch, crunch,chew, gulp.....mmmmmmmmmmm Sarah, these are goooooooooooooooood. :yes: May I have some more, please? :yes::) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Haha - I have just put my first homemade Sausage Rolls in the oven and am now :dance: around the kitchen!

I was missing them so bad and then I met another English lady in the city and she told me how to make them. So I bought me some prepared pork sausage and sage mix, a pack of puff pastry and hey presto....

I may be quiet for awhile whilst I stuff my face :P

Brilliant , i know this sound so cliched but when im in Seattle i so miss brit-indian curries <sigh> the american versions seem so odd and not as spicy or flavourful , even the texan cutie i married admits she only came to visit later for the curries in london and bath ... :lol:

So im getting a restaraunt owner from the Eastern in Putney to give me all his recipes..<g>

PS Let me know when youve mastered Scotch eggs :whistle:

John

Timeline

already grabbed one off the tray, Welshie..it was sooooo gooooood ( :lol:) but it probably should have been cooked another five min. or so..... ;) Seriously tho, you should tellme how to make those Sarah!!! I bet Craig would love those! And Lisa...we live on the border of upper peninsula of MI here...pasties are crazy popular up here... :yes: M.

and PS you gutterheads...read pasties with a short a sound, not a long a sound..... ;) hahaha

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

Ok I will supply some baking recipes and Jet-Lag I have a wonderful Indian recipe book here I bought with me - what's your fave dish and I'll put it here....

Timeline

Craig needed to stock up on essentials...marmite, salad creme,etc..(yucky both..hahhhahah sorry) and of course wanted curries, kebabs, chips from the chippy, Walkers crisps, 'real' chocolate, etc etc etc etc etc.... :lol: oh! and sausages were VERY high on the list...he's more than a little ticked that the main thing we have here are bratwurst...I tend to agree that UK sausages are SO much better than brats!!! M.

ManU2.jpg

Sausage Rolls (Dead easy)

1 Pack of any frozen Puff Pastry

1 tube pack of Jimmy Dean Sage - Premium Pork Sausage (I found this in Walmart & United)

Salt & Pepper

Milk

Method

Thaw the Puff Pastry and then roll out on surface, cut it right across the width into 1/3rds. Squeeze the sausage into your palm and shape enough to almost fill the centre 1/3rd of each pastry section. Place it onto the centre 1/3rd of the pastry and salt/pepper to taste.

Fold one side of the pastry over the sausage mix and then brush milk onto it. Bring the other side of the pastry up and over the one you just brushed with milk. It will now stick to this, then brush milk all over the whole thing and push the edges down a little to resemble a sausage roll, but leave a bit open in the centre.

Lightly oil a baking tray, whack in the oven on 325 for about 35 mins, you might need to turn them over once to stop sticking.

Enjoy!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sounds yummy Sukie, I may just have to give that a try.

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!