pat75

K3 or IR

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm overseas and sent my I-130 petition and documents following the K3 guidelines to the US embassy in Jamaica for the USCIS process. My wife is in the Philippines. The US embassy in Jamaica never sent me an NOA1 or NOA2. What my wife got was a letter from the US embassy in philippine with a case # and guidelines to follow the IR.

So I'm trying to figure out where I am at in the process. My plan was originally to get a K3 visa to speed up the process. I dont have a NOA1 or NOA2. I'm thinking maybe a step was skipped. So will the K3 visa still be faster for us? Should I just go ahead and send in the I129f and documents from the K3 guideline without the NOA1 or NOA2?

The I-130 petition and documents were delivered April 12th and my wife got the letter May 27th. The letter states my wife got a priority date on April 16th. I did have troubles in the past with an earlier petition that got lost so I wrote a complaint to the consular. I'm thinking they might have done something to help us.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If your wife is in the Phillipines, all your paperwork should be directed there after NVC completes your case. If your wife has a Manilla #, your case was probably forwarded to that embassy from Jamaica.

The NVC usually collects the documents and process them then schedules the interview then forward the completed case to the embassy in the country of your wife's residence. That is where the interview will take place.

Are you a USC or a LPR? You should probably explain your situation a little so we can better understand and try to help you. The petition you filed usually starts with the USCIS who issues the NOAs, then it goes to the NVC after approval.

Where overseas are you?

Are you Jamaican national or USC or LPR?

How long have you been married?

Is your wife Jamaican or Phillipino?

I am sure when you present your situation more clearly, you will get the answers that best suit your case.

Goodluck

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Thank you, Clair. Exactly what I was going to ask.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

His situation sounds complicated and I went back and read his previous posts where he had an attorney who sent his I-130 to Kingston and not USCIS. Hence the reason he is now at a loss as to what is happening to his case. I only hope it is not too late to start corrective procedures.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Hi,

Yes I had some trouble in the pass with our attorney and got rid of him.

I'm a USC and my wife is Filipina. We have been married since 2004. I'm working (non military) in Cuba at the US Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay. My wife is in Philippines. There is no US Embassy in Cuba so everything is directed to Jamaica for our small community.

I was given a choice to use the Lockbox USCIS in the states or go through the US Embassy in Jamaica USCIS. I called the USCIS and talked to two people and the second higher level officer said I had a choice. I chose the US Embassy in hoping things would go faster. I think they approved the I-130 petition in just a few days. Then just sent it to the US Embassy in Philippines. I'm guessing that is why I have a case number.

Was my I-130 approved? is that why I got a case number?

Do I still do the K3? or will the IR just be as fast?

The letter says for us to fill out the DS-230, I-864 and DS 2001 (Notification of Applicant Readiness: Ready for the interview) and lists everything we need to include with these forms.

wpm

Hi,

I'm a USC and my wife is Filipina. We have been married since 2004. I'm working (non military) in Cuba at the US Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay. My wife is in Philippines. There is no US Embassy in Cuba so everything is directed to Jamaica for our small community.

I was given a choice to use the Lockbox USCIS in the states or go through the US Embassy in Jamaica USCIS. I called the USCIS and talked to two people and the second higher level officer said I had a choice. I chose the US Embassy in hoping things would go faster. I think they approved the I-130 petition in just a few days. Then just sent it to the US Embassy in Philippines. I'm guessing that is why I have a case number.

The letter says for us to fill out the DS-230, I-864 and DS 2001 (Notification of Applicant Readiness: Ready for the interview) and lists everything we need to include with these forms.

wpm

No brainer between K3 and IR-1. IR-1

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Hi,

wpm

Explain a bit more so I understand why IR is better please. Does the case number mean the I-130 was approved so I dont need the K3?

Hi,

wpm

Explain a bit more so I understand why IR is better please. Does the case number mean the I-130 was approved so I dont need the K3?

No need to submit I29F for K3. Stick with the I-130[iR-1]. IRs get a 10 year green card and SS card in the mail within a few weeks of arriving in the US.

K3s have to go thru adjusting status to get GC. Costly [$1010 to apply] can take a long time and very stressful. Have to apply for EAD or wait for AOS approval to get SS card.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Hi,

wpm

No need to submit I29F for K3. Stick with the I-130[iR-1]. IRs get a 10 year green card and SS card in the mail within a few weeks of arriving in the US.

K3s have to go thru adjusting status to get GC. Costly [$1010 to apply] can take a long time and very stressful. Have to apply for EAD or wait for AOS approval to get SS card.

Will the IR be just as fast as the K3 since we already have a case number?

Hi,

wpm

Will the IR be just as fast as the K3 since we already have a case number?

If you do all the paperwork promptly and correct the IR should be as fast or faster. Can't understand why your case was sent to USEM without going thru NVC? Where did they say to send the paperwork?

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

Pat75, I'm wondering the same question.

We applied for a K3 but was issued two NVC case# as well. The 129 was forwarded to consulate while our 130 is currently being processed by NVC under another case#.

It really is possible to have both VISAs processed concurrently. In fact, both our 130 and 129 were approved in 60 days so I'm not quite so certain the advice of "NO NEED" to appy for K3 can be applied to every case.

**** filed K3/CR1 concurrently. My wife and I both work/live overseas. The following timeline continues from the approval of the K3 VISA.

Our journey
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115855

NVC rec'd 130/ assigned case# 5-15-08
Called to request online payment ID# 5-18-08
Rec'd ds 3032/AOS bill by USPS 5-19-08
Rec'd email Online ID# for payment of AOS and DS3032 5-21-08
Returned ds 3032 by USPS during wife visit to U.S. on K3--5-29-09
Paid AOS online: 7-05-09 ( While in Cambodia )
Rec'd email to pay IV bill 7-7-09
Paid IV bill online 7-08-09
Mailed I-864 2-16-10
I- 864 delivered 2-18-10
Mailed DS 230 2-22-10
Ds 230 delivered 2-24-10
AVR says "NVC is awaiting biographic info from petitioner" 2-24-10
AVR says, "NVC has received the info checklist requested." NVC HAS ENTERED DS-230 INTO COMPUTER 3-01-10
SIF: 3-08-10
AVR Case Complete: 3-09-10
Rec'd interview email/date: 3-15-10
Medical: 4-09-10
INTERVIEW( less than 5 minutes ): 4-26-10 APPROVED
Pickup Visa: 4-30-10
POE: LAX 5/31/10
Overnight REENTRY Permit app: 6/01/10
Rec'd SS: 6-10-10
Rec'd Welcome to USA Letter + Green Card Tracking #: 6-14-10
Rec'd NOA1 letter + receipt # for reentry permit: 6-14-10
Rec'd 10 Yr. GC: 6-21-10
Rec'd Bio appt for reentry permit 7-18-10 but changed to 6-28-10 thru INFOpass: 6-25-10
REentry touches: 9-6-10, 9-29-10, 10-4-10
Rec'd email Reentry mailed 10-07-10
Rec'd reentry permit 10-09-10 ( 4 mths 1 wk )

Naturalized 04/2016

Received US Passport 05/2016

Timeline

Hi,

I will call USCIS and ask some questions. Maybe they can explain what happened and the information can help you. The only thing I did outside the norm was email the US EM Consular and USCIS telling them my petition was lost last august and if they could let me know they did have the second one I sent. I emailed that the next day they recieved the petition.

Hmmm I also put colored labels and punched holes at the top of the papers just like the guidelines suggested. I put a cover letter on every form and document. Everything was really file friendly and simple to look thru. I don't know....

What is the NVC?

When you say IR can be fast... please give me an example in time... is that like fast in 4 months complete ?

Hi,

I will call USCIS and ask some questions. Maybe they can explain what happened and the information can help you. The only thing I did outside the norm was email the US EM Consular and USCIS telling them my petition was lost last august and if they could let me know they did have the second one I sent. I emailed that the next day they recieved the petition.

Hmmm I also put colored labels and punched holes at the top of the papers just like the guidelines suggested. I put a cover letter on every form and document. Everything was really file friendly and simple to look thru. I don't know....

What is the NVC?

When you say IR can be fast... please give me an example in time... is that like fast in 4 months complete ?

More like 10 months.

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.