Karaoke

Travelling while waiting for K-3/CR-1

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I have been in the US for 4 weeks under the VWP. I have a pending K-3/CR-1 petition. Had no troubles coming into the country, even if I had been here for 3 weeks in Feb.

I am leaving the US for 2 weeks, then come back to get a connection flight back to my country in one week's time.

I'll be leaving from city A to go to city B and then to city C outside the US. WHERE will they ask me to give back the I-94? The first port of departure for the national flight of the port of the LAST international departure? I am flying with the same airline... so I am not sure that I will need to show my passport anywhere after getting my boarding cards (so who will take my I-94? The first port of departure)? I mean, on the way out of the US, I never went through any customs. Last time I was here the airline took my I-94 but that was also the international port of departure. I am just worried that they will miss returning my I-94...

Thanks for any guidance!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Dont worry too much,it does not matter which airport you depart from as long as they take your I94W.

If they forget to take it,just tell them thats what I always did (just to be on the safe side and to prevent issue's)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi

I understand your situation. I never use the passport when I travel domestic in Us I always use my ID card from my home country. I had done 6 domestic travel with the ID card who not either are on English and never had have any problem..

Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Well, actually mine was just a general question...

What happened was, the airline stapled the green I-94 to my second boarding pass.. Once I got to the second US city and boarded my OUTBOUND international flight, they retained my I-94 (hopefully they will turn it in too!).

I believe nonetheless that once you check in and the airline scans your passport, they inform CBP that you left the country, so it basically works like if you went through immigration on the way out and then they double check with the physical I-94...

Well, I hope they do not mess up, because I will be going back to the US for one week (if they let me in!) to catch my flight back to Europe!

Hi

I understand your situation. I never use the passport when I travel domestic in Us I always use my ID card from my home country. I had done 6 domestic travel with the ID card who not either are on English and never had have any problem..

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.