Marieford_20

Which takes longer time to wait..K3 visa or CR1?

20 posts in this topic

Hello everyone ..Being newbie here in this site makes me feel im belong..maybe because i know i am one of the people here in a situation of waiting for the time to be with their man or woman of their life..Anybody here can give me at least an idea which takes longer in processing between k3 and CR1..we told our attorney to process a k3 for us..though he filed it in two ways..as k3 and CR1..now we are approved in our I-130 and 129f remains pending until now..instead to be happy..we have questions in our mind now if this will be good or this will makes us wait longer than we expected..we got a notice from NVC telling us to pursue the CR1 now...we cant do nothing but follow.. so thats the path of our papers now......pleassssssseee i need to be enlightened because day by day its getting harder for me and for my loving husband waiting to be in each others arms..any idea would help..Thanks..Godbless... :innocent:

'..because of u..i know now the meaning of LOVE..I see now the colors of LIFE..I can now SMILE...that is BECAUSE OF YOU....MY LOVE..."

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Original Interview Date...................... .09/29/08

Medical @ St. Lukes.......................... 08/26-27/08

Sputum Test.................................... 09/01-03/08

AFB Culture Result............................. 10/31/08

Immunization................................ ... 11/03/08

Interview Date(Re-scheduled).......... .... 11/07/08(PINK SLIP..YAHOO!!!)

VISA Received.................................. 11/11/08(Thank U LORD!)

Flight Schedule................................. 11/21/08

Port of Entry.................................... Detroit,MI

Hello everyone ..Being newbie here in this site makes me feel im belong..maybe because i know i am one of the people here in a situation of waiting for the time to be with their man or woman of their life..Anybody here can give me at least an idea which takes longer in processing between k3 and CR1..we told our attorney to process a k3 for us..though he filed it in two ways..as k3 and CR1..now we are approved in our I-130 and 129f remains pending until now..instead to be happy..we have questions in our mind now if this will be good or this will makes us wait longer than we expected..we got a notice from NVC telling us to pursue the CR1 now...we cant do nothing but follow.. so thats the path of our papers now......pleassssssseee i need to be enlightened because day by day its getting harder for me and for my loving husband waiting to be in each others arms..any idea would help..Thanks..Godbless... :innocent:

Since your I-130 has been approved first and you've begun pursuing the CR1, that will be the better route for you and probably the fastest because when the I-129f will be approved is still unknown.

The CR1 visa is much better as well, so I would be happy about that. :) The foreign spouse can enter as a permanent resident right away with the CR1. With the K3, you would have to do adjustment of status (which is basically another $1,000) and there are complications with getting an SSN, getting permission to work, etc. So keep on following the CR1 path with the NVC and you can ignore anything you may get in future about th K3 visa.

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes, the CR1 is definitely the best bet. I don't even know why they have the K3 process...it sounds good, like it will get you together quicker but the CR1 always gets processed faster...you see it all over this site in the timelines. The K3's are just clogging up the system and making everything slower. They really need to revamp their system...big time!!!

It is true that with the CR1 its better...because yes, your spouse will come here as a legal permanent resident...but if you have not been married for at least 2 years when the visa is issued, your spouse will be a "conditional" permanent resident. Once your spouse comes here and is in the US...90 days prior to the 2 year anniversary of entering the US you will have to file a form to have the conditions lifted so that your spouse can then become a legal "permanent" resident...period. As a conditional resident your spouse can work, get a ssn and card, etc....its the same...but you just have to do one more step to get the "conditions" lifted when you come near the 2 year anniversary of being in the US.

Hope that helps.

Don't get frustrated...it's easy to do with USCIS. It will take a while and although NVC is "snappy" compared to USCIS, its still more waiting when you are done with USCIS. I don't know how good you are with paperwork...but you don't really need an attorney for any of this stuff. Every answer and support you could ever need is right here on this site and its so easy to do.

Good luck! Deb

:star:

cr1 na lang kase ganun naman nangyari sa case namin.di na kami nag file ng 129f.tuloy tuloy na yan. you will then receive ur case number from NVC...basta if NVC sent u papers just send your reply right away...NVC reply aptly...goodluck

Since your I-130 has been approved first and you've begun pursuing the CR1, that will be the better route for you and probably the fastest because when the I-129f will be approved is still unknown.

The CR1 visa is much better as well, so I would be happy about that. :) The foreign spouse can enter as a permanent resident right away with the CR1. With the K3, you would have to do adjustment of status (which is basically another $1,000) and there are complications with getting an SSN, getting permission to work, etc. So keep on following the CR1 path with the NVC and you can ignore anything you may get in future about th K3 visa.

Thankyou very much...Godbless!!!

'..because of u..i know now the meaning of LOVE..I see now the colors of LIFE..I can now SMILE...that is BECAUSE OF YOU....MY LOVE..."

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

cr1 na lang kase ganun naman nangyari sa case namin.di na kami nag file ng 129f.tuloy tuloy na yan. you will then receive ur case number from NVC...basta if NVC sent u papers just send your reply right away...NVC reply aptly...goodluck

Thank you lapinay_maricris..Goodluck to u too.. :yes:

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Yes, the CR1 is definitely the best bet. I don't even know why they have the K3 process...it sounds good, like it will get you together quicker but the CR1 always gets processed faster...you see it all over this site in the timelines. The K3's are just clogging up the system and making everything slower. They really need to revamp their system...big time!!!

It is true that with the CR1 its better...because yes, your spouse will come here as a legal permanent resident...but if you have not been married for at least 2 years when the visa is issued, your spouse will be a "conditional" permanent resident. Once your spouse comes here and is in the US...90 days prior to the 2 year anniversary of entering the US you will have to file a form to have the conditions lifted so that your spouse can then become a legal "permanent" resident...period. As a conditional resident your spouse can work, get a ssn and card, etc....its the same...but you just have to do one more step to get the "conditions" lifted when you come near the 2 year anniversary of being in the US.

Hope that helps.

Don't get frustrated...it's easy to do with USCIS. It will take a while and although NVC is "snappy" compared to USCIS, its still more waiting when you are done with USCIS. I don't know how good you are with paperwork...but you don't really need an attorney for any of this stuff. Every answer and support you could ever need is right here on this site and its so easy to do.

Good luck! Deb

:star:

Thank you very much..

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Hello Marieford_20,

Which is fastest - CR-1 or K-3? Depends upon many factors. First of all, know what you are doing before you begin. Our case was fairly simple. We did not use an immigration lawyer. My asawa had all required documents ready when I needed them. I used all shortcuts listed here on the VJ site (worked very well). As you can see from our timeline, we did CR-1 from beginning to end in about 9 months, which is certainly an exception. I also applied for K-3, but this can't be submitted until the CR-1 NOA1 is received. My asawa received her K-3 interview packet well after I had sent her CR-1 packet to her. Her K-3 interview date was more than a month AFTER the CR-1 interview date. We had believed as many have stated that the CR-1 once approved would override the K-3, but it didn't. The K-3 kept chugging along anyway. I did send a letter cancelling the K-3 interview.

Just be very patient, be sure to double check everything submitted, and some good old fashioned tight-eyed praying will work wonders. Your day will come soon, and one day you'll look back and wonder how it all happened so quickly. My asawa has been here now over a year. We're expecting our precious little babae on July 7.

Good luck with your journey!!

Michael and Milah Jean

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi. Newbie here as well.

We were also under the impression that K3 would be faster. We are also trying to decide at this point what visa we should apply for.

Our situation is this: We recently got married and would like to live in the Philippines during the entire visa process, after which time we will go to the US together. My husband can provide a US address and he also has a bank account there.

The questions are:

- What type(s) of visa should we use?

- Does it matter how long we've been married, or how long he has been living in the Philippines at the time of the application?

- Does he need to be a legal resident of the Philippines to be able to file (i.e. permanent or temporary resident)?

- Can we or should we do DCF or CR1?

- How much would it cost?

--------------

Hi. Newbie here as well.

We were also under the impression that K3 would be faster. We are also trying to decide at this point what visa we should apply for.

Our situation is this: We recently got married and would like to live in the Philippines during the entire visa process, after which time we will go to the US together. My husband can provide a US address and he also has a bank account there.

The questions are:

- What type(s) of visa should we use?

- Does it matter how long we've been married, or how long he has been living in the Philippines at the time of the application?

- Does he need to be a legal resident of the Philippines to be able to file (i.e. permanent or temporary resident)?

- Can we or should we do DCF or CR1?

- How much would it cost?

Just browsing here at lunch time in the office...if you haven't already, check the DCF forum here on VJ and post your question there. I'm sure they'll be many knowledgable about that process.

I'm also sure you're new US citizen husband is aware of the visitation issues while staying in the Phils. US citizens are given a 21-day visa upon entry, but that can be extended to a point through Phil immigration services. I'm not sure if it matters that he entered as an unmarried US citizen and became married during the visit and then decided to stay for the entire US immigration process. I'd check with the Phil authorities. I am aware that if you are already married to a Phil citizen when you intially arrive you can stay under a special provision for one year if you arrive with your Phil citizen spouse, I believe, but you must leave the country for a short time and then you are allowed to return for another year or so. Many US citizen ex-pats living in the Phils are aware of this.

If you choose to file either the K-3 fiance visa and then continue with the adjustment of status after returning to the US, or file for the CR-1 spouse visa, there could be issues with the mailed materials that will be sent to both you and to your husband. Once the K-3 petition is submitted and approved, all communication is mailed to the Phil spouse. Once the CR-1 petition is submitted and approved, the choice of agent form is mailed to the Phil spouse. The reason many CR-1 filers chose the US citizen spouse to be the choice of agent is so all paperwork is sent to the US citizen direct. The choice of agent can be completed via email, so you can jump start the visa application process by doing that and you'll never really need the mailed form (keep it as souvenir). The US citizen husband will be receiving several important fee bills and forms to complete (many of which you'll need to fill up and sign). This really speeds up the process and can prevent important documents from getting lost in the mail systems.

Anyway, it appears as though you've got a complicated situation, so research as much as you can using the USCIS, NVC and US Manila Embassy websites. There's countess VJers who I'm sure can assist.

Good luck!!!

Michael

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks, Michael!

I guess I should ask in the Philippines section as well or the DCF section. We'll be stayin together all this time so our address will be the same. Or must the US citizzen officially provide a US address (i.e. appear as if he's living in the US at the time of application)? We want to file CR-1 and it doesn't matter if it's DCF or not. We can wait 6-12 months.

Thanks again. I will post in another board. We wish you and your wife all the best!

--------------

• 11 months later...

I may be a newbie on VJ but, certainly not on the process. I would suggest that you always pursue a K3 in conjunciton with the I-130. The reason for this,,, Is inept government workers. My case is a perfect example. the I-130 and K3 were both approved on the same date. However, the I-129f K3 has been lost somewhere between CSC and the NVC. And neither one will take responsibility for this. So,, I still have one horse in the race. For me I am glad the I-130 is moving forward at a good pace.

Regards to all,

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I have a petition K3/K4 both of them are approved at the same time but I-129 is returned to USCIS for reason we dont know. Now it seems that I-130 will be processed first than I-129. It means that we can pursue it and follow CR-1 right? how about my 2 kids? they will be left out if we dont file separate I-130, if we do how long would it take us to wait for the approval, another 6 months? if that so, then i must proceed to K3/K4 so i could bring my kids with me.

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all.

I have looked through the FAQ's and several posts but can not seem to find what I'm looking for.

I am a US Citizen (military) and will be going to Brazil in April (for 3 weeks) to marry my wonderful fiancée (Brazilian National); We will be getting married within the first few days of my arrival and have a few questions for you.

1. Is there anyway to start the immigration process (directly after our marriage) while I'm still visiting Brazil?

2. Should we go with the CR1, K3, or both (I've read several posts recommending the CR1)?

3. How do I select which one (or both) that I want to file?

4. Which will get her here quicker?

5. Do I file the I-130 and the I-129F at the same time, or the I-130 first?

Thank you in advance,

Erick

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.