nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think I am going to stick around for a while...don't see the NOA2 coming anytime soon...and then there will be NVC....

and u all from CSC shud stick around to help us thru NVC as promised....cheers

you got it... i will stay for anyone that needs me... made it through NVC i hope to help all those too. I talked to my husband about staying on after he gets here to help others. He agreed it would be a good thing so...... this thread isn't going anyhwere... perhaps if we're lucky may 2009 group will pick it up too ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thats really nice of you

For all we know the ways things are going we might have to continue with the thread till may -09

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Case Complete Feb 03 2009

Medical Feb 16 2009

March 9th 2009.....Got my VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I-751 January 13 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Thought wud drop by and Say Hi...how are u guys doing...also wanted 2 thank u all for all the support

Rajaa..Hope ur thru with ur prep for d interview

CMNB....Booked ur tickets for Feb

Jen...How are u feeling now...

Shiri...Congrats on ur Case completion..Did u get ur interview date as yet

Feb it is!!! :)

all set to fly in the sky!

Have a good time, Even I am going back to Chandigarh in Feb, But for entierly diffrent reasons.

CMNB

I got a PCC from Bangalore too. I was thinking to get the PCC from Chandigarh Passport office. I hope it will not be a problem that I am currently in bangalore....any thoughts

should be no problem atall to get PCC from chandigarh passport office. you put in the application in the morning and recieve your PCC in the evening. absolutely painless effort.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I think I am going to stick around for a while...don't see the NOA2 coming anytime soon...and then there will be NVC....

and u all from CSC shud stick around to help us thru NVC as promised....cheers

you got it... i will stay for anyone that needs me... made it through NVC i hope to help all those too. I talked to my husband about staying on after he gets here to help others. He agreed it would be a good thing so...... this thread isn't going anyhwere... perhaps if we're lucky may 2009 group will pick it up too ;)

lets just hope, we dont have to keep this open until may 09. everyone shud be done by then.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

WOW!!!!

Thts a thought Rajaa :D

Its nt that we aere going to be done n over with USCIS any time soon

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Medical Feb 16 2009

I-751 January 13 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

sigh...there's always more paperwork ahead. :wacko: but at least we have this great paperwork support group to help us get through it, called visajourney. :rolleyes:

seriously, when ever I feel bummed out about the damn visa, I come here for a spell to feel less alone. it's great.

Right now personally I've been stuck at NVC for 3 weeks. I've given up hope to make it home for Christmas. It's really depressing to be so close and yet... :(

ah well, no point complaining, I guess.

Hey Rajaa, I was gonna ask if you were from Seattle, or did I get that wrong?

CR-1 Timeline:

USCIS:

04-30-2008: I-130 Sent

05-08-2008: Received at California Service Center

05-10-2008: NOA 1

05-10-2008: Hard Copy

05-12-2008: Check cashed

07-22-2008: NOA 2

NVC:

10-27-2008: NVC sends an RFE requiring about my J-1 visa two year home country residency requirement. 3 days before the requirement (that never applied to me in the first place) would have become void.

11-7-2008:APPROVED

11-28-2008: Case fowarded to embassy after we get "a little help from our friends"...Interview scheduled for Monday 5th of January

12-30-2008: Interview cancelled by phone. A rude consular officer says "we have our reasons and will call you on monday."

01-05-2009: They don't call, so I call them and re-schedule for 01-07-2008.

01-07-2009: Interview. They don't say we're approved. They don't say that we're not approved. In fact they hardly say anything. No request for more documents or weird questions. They don't want to see any evidence. Just weird. They take my passport though, so most likely we are approved. Or else they just wanted my passport.

01-29-2009: The lovely consular officer tells me I can pick up my visa whenever I like!

01-30-2009: Visa in hand!

Hi Guys:

I just received my approval notice for my I-130. What should I do now to speed up the process. The notice says NVC will send documents to my husband ( the beneficiary). Is there any thing I can do to make this happen quickly???

Timeline

sigh...there's always more paperwork ahead. :wacko: but at least we have this great paperwork support group to help us get through it, called visajourney. :rolleyes:

seriously, when ever I feel bummed out about the damn visa, I come here for a spell to feel less alone. it's great.

Right now personally I've been stuck at NVC for 3 weeks. I've given up hope to make it home for Christmas. It's really depressing to be so close and yet... :(

ah well, no point complaining, I guess.

Hey Rajaa, I was gonna ask if you were from Seattle, or did I get that wrong?

yep seattle is where i live now..... sorry you won't get here in time for the holidays but soon you'll have a lifetime of holidays :star:

Timeline
Hi Guys:

I just received my approval notice for my I-130. What should I do now to speed up the process. The notice says NVC will send documents to my husband ( the beneficiary). Is there any thing I can do to make this happen quickly???

Yesssssss take a look at the NVC short cuts! loto's guide and there is another one mimche I think... its a good way to go there's alot to do and you can save yourself months if you do the short cuts.

Hi VJ FAMILY!!! just a quick update: my husband's flight is 1000 PM Philippine time today!! this will be 6 AM PST!!! I can't sleep.. but i don't think i can stay awake till 6 am for his actual flight.. will pick him up at LAX at 630 PM tonight.. hopefully the POE will be a piece of cake.. and will only last maybe an hour or two.. i hate waiting..

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!!!!!!! he's almost here!!

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

Hi Guys:

hello spmiller! congrats on your NOA2! just as Rajaa said, read up on Loto's shortcuts to NVC, that's how most of us got through NVC. There are others but I have not read any of them. Look them up under the WIKI tab.. if you have more questions, feel free to drop by in here and we would be more than happy to help you out

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

thank you, shiri! your baby is just too cute! i have baby on the brain, can't you tell? :blush:

Thank you! I love my little guy. He was 3 months old yesterday. In the next 3-7 weeks you will have an ultra sound, will you find out the sex or be surprised? Babies are such sweet blessings. Pregnancy isn't always though. I had hard pregnancies, but I loved feeling them kick inside of me. Zach is my fourth child and Richard's first. I have two boys and two girls. My oldest will be 10 in March. How is your pregnancy going?

hi shiri! i had another ultrasound last tuesday. My OB already knows if our baby is a boy or girl but i told him that i want to find out with my husband. he then asked when my hubby is coming and i said Nov 30 so he said we can come in Dec 2 just to see if we have a boy or girl.. wasn't that nice of him?? i have 4 ultrasound pics and my OB said that you can totally see if it's a boy or girl in the pics.. i just don't see it! my parents and brother are all convinced it's a boy and i just can't see anything.. i can't even see the legs! shouldn't i be able to see the legs? i saw the arms and fingers.. but where are the legs??

i'm pretty much hanging in there with my pregnancy. i have more bad days than good. at least my OB lets me stay home cuz i still don't feel good and my work is so nice and accommodating to me. i have been on medical leave since my 7th week and i'm almost 17 weeks already..

i love the name Zach... :blush:

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Timeline

Jen! so is he here yet????? lol i am happy for you :dancing: I hope all of us are not far behind. Hay girl let us know how the rest of the process goes.... and i think it's cool you're not finding out the sex i did the same on my first

Timeline

I was just thinking, with only half of May filers transferred to CSC and December being the Holiday season and all. How many approvals can we actually expect from VSC.

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Medical Feb 16 2009

I-751 January 13 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.