5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a question for you long islanders out there. Is NYC our district office? I was checking out the processing times for the I-485 and they are working on cases with a date of Jan 2004. That seems a tad bit ridiculous. Am i looking at a 2 year wait for our interview? I guess that 400 dollar fee does not go to far.

09/20/05 I-129F Sent to VSC

09/23/05 NOA1 email

09/29/05 NOA1 "snail mail"

10/04/05 NOA2 email

10/11/05 NOA2 snail mail

11/03/05 Not sure when, but it arrived at Juarez

12/19/06 Packet 3 arrives at US address

2/23/06 Interview @ Juarez

2/23/06 Receive Visa

2/25/06 Arrive in USA - temp EAD issued at JFK

3/17/06 Received Social Security Card

3/18/06 Married

3/31/06 AOS packet sent to Chicago

4/6/06 AOS packet received @ Chicago

4/10/06 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP received

4/19/06 Biometrics

6/16 EAD approved via email

6/20/06 AP Document received

6/24/06 EAD card received

6/27/06 Appointment letter for AOS interview

8/23/06 AOS interview - approved pending FBI name check

8/30/06 AOS approved - via email

9/7/06 GREEN CARD arrives

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
I have a question for you long islanders out there. Is NYC our district office? I was checking out the processing times for the I-485 and they are working on cases with a date of Jan 2004. That seems a tad bit ridiculous. Am i looking at a 2 year wait for our interview? I guess that 400 dollar fee does not go to far.

The closest office for you is Garden City, I am from the Bronx and had my interview there. People from Manhattan or Westchester are more likely to go to the Manhattan office for interview. (Although I have never seen a separate timeline for Garden City)

It took me 8 months to the interview( July 05-march 06) and I just got approved last week and I'm waiting for the card. But I think I have seen people who applied in September and had interviews in April.

But there are also people in NYC who wait several years for the interview, that is why the timeline looks so bad although things are speeding up lately in NYC.

Wish you luck and a bit of patience

krystyna

Greetings!

My bestfriend got married September 2003 in huntington new york and applied right away for AOS.....but i was shocked because last 3 months ago she just had her interview and got the greencard few days later....was a long wait!

p.s. i got the green card first as Detroit only took 6 months for my AOS interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
My bestfriend got married September 2003 in huntington new york and applied right away for AOS.....but i was shocked because last 3 months ago she just had her interview and got the greencard few days later....was a long wait

2 and 1/2 years is just a ridiculous wait time! Hope we are much quicker than that....

09/20/05 I-129F Sent to VSC

09/23/05 NOA1 email

09/29/05 NOA1 "snail mail"

10/04/05 NOA2 email

10/11/05 NOA2 snail mail

11/03/05 Not sure when, but it arrived at Juarez

12/19/06 Packet 3 arrives at US address

2/23/06 Interview @ Juarez

2/23/06 Receive Visa

2/25/06 Arrive in USA - temp EAD issued at JFK

3/17/06 Received Social Security Card

3/18/06 Married

3/31/06 AOS packet sent to Chicago

4/6/06 AOS packet received @ Chicago

4/10/06 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP received

4/19/06 Biometrics

6/16 EAD approved via email

6/20/06 AP Document received

6/24/06 EAD card received

6/27/06 Appointment letter for AOS interview

8/23/06 AOS interview - approved pending FBI name check

8/30/06 AOS approved - via email

9/7/06 GREEN CARD arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.