Cecile and Bryan

Wire transfer to the USA

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I didn't see this post earlier, otherwise I would have replied sooner. Here's what happened for us. Fred transfered a very large sum of money to an account here that he set up at the same bank as mine. Once his account was set up, he had to be in contact with his old bank (LCL, do you use them? They were a pain, but eventually did what he requested.)to transfer the money. They needed the bank rounting number and account number etc. They charged a small fee, but nothing too extreme. My bank assured us that the IRS can do nothing about it, they have no right to tax any of it, because it's not income. They just have the right to tax the interest that he'll earn while it's here. I think the red flag from $10,000 is when it's cash, because that could like like laundering, but if it's a wire transfer from a bank, or a cashiers check, they said it's fine. More than 6 months have passed, and everything continues to be good.

K-1 Timeline

04/26/07 - I-129F sent

05/23/07 - NOA1

09/07/07 - NOA2

10/09/07 - NVC

10/20/07 - Packet 3

10/27/07 - Packet 4

11/07/07 - Medical

12/11/07 - Interview

12/25/07 - POE Chicago

AOS Timeline

01/18/08 - Wedding

01/24/08 - AOS Packet Sent

01/27/08 - NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP

03/27/08 - AP Received

05/01/08 - EAD Received

08/06/08 - RFE for I-485

08/18/08 - Case Resumed

08/26/08 - Card Production Ordered (no interview)

08/29/08 - Welcome Letter Received

09/02/08 - Green Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been using Custom House for a few yrs now--its a Cdn company, but its international. If you do it electronically its FREE!! they do have a wire option, but costs $$$ Takes a bit to set up--verification checks, but its very easy to do, and i always got a better exchange rate what the bank would give me http://www.customhouse.com/

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.