Becca615

Everyone loves silly questions =)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I'm sure I already know the answer to this... but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway.

I just moved to a new apartment on May 1st and I'm still changing the address to about 5 billion things. I've finally gotten everything done and checked and checked again for my visa petition and reaaaally wanted to mail it tomorrow.

But my new checks haven't arrived yet.

Should I stop being impatient and just wait for my checks, or can I just cross out my old address on my other checks and write in my new one? I know I can get a money order but I'd really like to be able to see when they've put my payment through.

Thanks =)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm sure I already know the answer to this... but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway.

I just moved to a new apartment on May 1st and I'm still changing the address to about 5 billion things. I've finally gotten everything done and checked and checked again for my visa petition and reaaaally wanted to mail it tomorrow.

But my new checks haven't arrived yet.

Should I stop being impatient and just wait for my checks, or can I just cross out my old address on my other checks and write in my new one? I know I can get a money order but I'd really like to be able to see when they've put my payment through.

Thanks =)

Don't worry about the address on the checks.. the address on the petition is the important one

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

Not being American, I don't know about crossing the old address out and writing the new one in, but I am sure about one thing: do NOT use checks with your old address, because my fiancé did, and got the petition sent back to him after nearly two months (see my timeline). If I were you, I'd wait for the new ones... Better to be on the safe side! If that hadn't happened to us, we probably would've been approved by now.

Timeline
Not being American, I don't know about crossing the old address out and writing the new one in, but I am sure about one thing: do NOT use checks with your old address, because my fiancé did, and got the petition sent back to him after nearly two months (see my timeline). If I were you, I'd wait for the new ones... Better to be on the safe side! If that hadn't happened to us, we probably would've been approved by now.

But why was it sent back? Was the fee wrong?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Don't use your old checks!!! As stated above, it seems VSC requires now checks to have the current address on them. It's happened to a few people here in the past couple of months.

You can always get a bank check / money order if you want to send it right away. ;)

Good luck..welcome to VJ.

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Don't use your old checks!!! As stated above, it seems VSC requires now checks to have the current address on them. It's happened to a few people here in the past couple of months.

You can always get a bank check / money order if you want to send it right away. ;)

Good luck..welcome to VJ.

Maybe it has something to do with people trying to file at VSC and not CSC

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.