ARIANNA

Same old questions...but

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I´ve been reading the timelines and guides to the K1 visa and I´m still a bit confused on a couple of things.

1. Once somebody looks at our case and lets say gets approved, then they send my fiance in the US the NOA2. Right?
  2. Then he has to fill something out?
  3. Also he has to send me the "further instructions" down here to Mexico?
  4. Then I take these documents to CDJ?
  5. How long between him receiveing the NOA2 and when I get my official appointment? Or how does this work exactly? This part gets confusing to me.
  6. This medical exam I have to get, does it include the vaccines?
  7. Is it mandatory that I have to get vaccines? Which ones are normaly required?
  8. After the medical, I go to the interview?
  9. After getting the visa, can I cross over to El Paso and that´s it? Or do I have to come back home and wait for something else?
Sorry if these questions are the same as others before, but this process gets a bit confusing.

Everything you need is in the Guides. Click here for the K1 Flowchart. It gives you a step by step list of what happens next.

I'll answer your questions for you though.

I´ve been reading the timelines and guides to the K1 visa and I´m still a bit confused on a couple of things.
  1. Once somebody looks at our case and lets say gets approved, then they send my fiance in the US the NOA2. Right?

Correct, they will send your fiance the NOA2

2. Then he has to fill something out?

Click here and scroll down to the section where it talks about what your fiance must send you for the interview. He has to fill out the I134 (Affidavit of Support)

3. Also he has to send me the "further instructions" down here to Mexico?

See above

4. Then I take these documents to CDJ?

You then take all the documents to the Interview with you

5. How long between him receiveing the NOA2 and when I get my official appointment? Or how does this work exactly? This part gets confusing to me.

Once you get NOA2, your case is sent to NVC (National Visa Center) and then onto the Embassy in Mexico. Have a look at processing times and look up other couples from VJ who went through the Mexican Embassy. Click here for the Mexican Embassy page. You will get what is called "Package 3" and you fill everything out and take it with you to the interview.

6. This medical exam I have to get, does it include the vaccines?

I would try to get your vaccines before the medical, they usually charge for the vaccines on top of the medical fee.

7. Is it mandatory that I have to get vaccines? Which ones are normaly required?

The Mexican Embassy page here on VJ states that vaccines are not required. You may want to ask this question in the regional section.

8. After the medical, I go to the interview?

Yes, you have it prior to your interview and you take your medical results with you to the interview.

9. After getting the visa, can I cross over to El Paso and that´s it? Or do I have to come back home and wait for something else?

Once the K1 is in your hands, you have 6 months to enter. Then once you enter you must be married within 90 days.

Sorry if these questions are the same as others before, but this process gets a bit confusing.

Best of Luck!!!

~Laura

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Thank you! This was most helpful.

But now I have a big concern... I don´t believe he made a copy of what he sent. Is this going to be a problem?

It shouldn't be...just make sure you are consistent with whatever information you fill in on the new forms you have to fill out.

The embassy will have the original package you sent in...you should be fine.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

But now I have a big concern... I don´t believe he made a copy of what he sent. Is this going to be a problem?

It shouldn't be...just make sure you are consistent with whatever information you fill in on the new forms you have to fill out.

Oh thank God! I read that it was very important to make a copy of everything sent and he´s very unorganized so I got concerned. I´m almost positive he didn´t make copies.

Thank you for your answers.

Oh thank God! I read that it was very important to make a copy of everything sent and he´s very unorganized so I got concerned. I´m almost positive he didn´t make copies.

Thank you for your answers.

It's mostly in case you get an RFE or something happens with your petition, he has all the information and can mail it in again, etc.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

for your own information it may be useful for him to fill in another copy of the information that he sent with the application but send it to you instead. It isn't an exact copy but it will duplicate the information he submitted. That way you have a copy of all of the information he submitted and have the same information (i,e, biographical information, etc.). He will have to send you the I-134 information because you take that to the interview so he can send you the other information at the same time. This is for the convenience of knowing the same information he sent to immigration, not a necessity. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Arianna here is a link to the Juarez Consulate thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1180568

It is tabbed to page 120, where Ronin has an excellent post about the Juarez experience and several photographs.

Please read the whole thread, it will do wonders to answer your questions and calm your fears. I have read it myself, and I feel like I have already "been there and done it."

I hope my SO will be there in July. Mexico has an open appointment schedule for K-1's which is good for four months after you receive your interview pack. So you in essence get to pick your date, as long as they are open. :star:

Glad you found VJ, best of luck and stay positive.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.