flavaofsummer

answer this if u dont know then just say so

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

After you send in your N-400 application, your check will clear, then you will receive your NOA. You will receive your Fingerprint Notification giving you a date and time to appear for your biometrics. After your fingerprints are done, you will just wait to hear when your application has been approved. Your NOA will give an approximate time for your case to be approved.

I applied for N-400 (to Nebraska SC) on Sept 13th, 2007, and still have not been approved.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Our application for the N-400 was received by Nebraska March 31, 2008, couple of days after that, our check was cashed, about ten days later we received the NOA and another I-797c for the biometrics appointment April 21, 2008, but said we could go to our local field office any Wednesday at noon, provided it was not a USCIS holiday, but if we did not go before July 18, 2008, our application would be voided.

Of greater concern at that time was getting our ten year green cards and updated passports, and we already made other appointments for that the same day as our biometrics appointment. But did get the fingerprints done May 7, 2008.

Now the ball is back in their court, they did say however to expect an appointment in 225 days for the interview, that puts it around the middle of Dec. 2008. But was planning on asking my senator if he would like my wife to vote for him or not after the convention. If not, we have the ten year green cards and five more years of passports. Our green cards did arrive finally on April 21, 2008, wife has her eight year driver's license, her job is secure, and daughter is enrolled in college. So all that pressure is off of us, for now.

Filed: Timeline
Our application for the N-400 was received by Nebraska March 31, 2008, couple of days after that, our check was cashed, about ten days later we received the NOA and another I-797c for the biometrics appointment April 21, 2008, but said we could go to our local field office any Wednesday at noon, provided it was not a USCIS holiday, but if we did not go before July 18, 2008, our application would be voided.

Of greater concern at that time was getting our ten year green cards and updated passports, and we already made other appointments for that the same day as our biometrics appointment. But did get the fingerprints done May 7, 2008.

Now the ball is back in their court, they did say however to expect an appointment in 225 days for the interview, that puts it around the middle of Dec. 2008. But was planning on asking my senator if he would like my wife to vote for him or not after the convention. If not, we have the ten year green cards and five more years of passports. Our green cards did arrive finally on April 21, 2008, wife has her eight year driver's license, her job is secure, and daughter is enrolled in college. So all that pressure is off of us, for now.

ok so i applied in november 2007..i took the prints febuary 2008 and called them through out and they just said wait wait in every call, this time i called they said ur file is in process being sent to ur local office..i just wanted to know if by sending the file there moves things faster as in me getting the IL soon?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So we have three of us at the same stage, one applying in September, you in November, and us as late as March. Bit confused why we even send them to a service center and why does it take the service center months to send them to our local field office where the interview and oath process actually takes place?

Exactly what does the service center do? I don't believe they use microfiche anymore, but if the scan all of our documents in computer form, could have done that for them. But if they do put all of our documents in a database, what did they did with exactly the same documents we have already sent to them for the initial and I-751 applications? We didn't and couldn't send them anything new save the latest passport photos and a copy of the new ten year green card.

I understand the real processing takes place at our local field office. We were just there a couple of weeks ago on a Wednesday at noon, and as I commented, my wife was the only applicant there, the guards and officers were just standing around. We have easily done that twenty minute interview right then and there instead of another 420 mile trip.

I can only speculate with good reason, the service centers wait until that have so many thousand applicants and ship them out at the same time to get a discount on postage. This would explain why some here get their interview notice in weeks filing near the end of that stack while the ones that filed earlier seem to have a much longer wait. Ha, could have send them an extra 20 bucks with a pre addressed envelope so they could put our application in there after whatever they are doing with it and send it to our field office.

Or maybe they adopted the practice of our military, ran our butts off to get from point A to point B only to wait at attention for hours after we got there. Or like our society, everybody has to be a work or school, even church at the same time creating a huge traffic jam and a terrible waste of extremely expensive fuel.

Whatever they are doing, it doesn't make sense. Still think we need some new leaders, or better yet, no leaders at all. Do they give IQ tests for leaders? Ha, if over 3.0154, they fail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.