Tom and Teaw

Some Advice on Fiancee's Daughter

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My Thai fiancee will be taking the packet 3 papers to the embassy in Bangkok probably Wednesday. It looks like the interview will fall in August sometime and we want to bring her daughter over to the US for a visit when she is out of school the month of September. Is there something we need to do when she takes the packet 3 papers back or can it wait until the interview? We did list her daughter on the 129-F papers when I filed them. I just don't want a holdup getting her daughter over for a visit so they might be able to just come together and then take her back after the month is up. Her daughter has a passport so that will not hold things up.

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My Thai fiancee will be taking the packet 3 papers to the embassy in Bangkok probably Wednesday. It looks like the interview will fall in August sometime and we want to bring her daughter over to the US for a visit when she is out of school the month of September. Is there something we need to do when she takes the packet 3 papers back or can it wait until the interview? We did list her daughter on the 129-F papers when I filed them. I just don't want a holdup getting her daughter over for a visit so they might be able to just come together and then take her back after the month is up. Her daughter has a passport so that will not hold things up.

Thanks!

The daughter needs her own packet three. Contact the Consulate to get one. Perhaps they can obtain the visas at the same time and the daughter can travel later if needed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We have a similar situation. My fiancee and her daughter are planning to come to the US together in July (assuming the interview goes OK). She already submitted the packet 3 documents and we've received packet 4 with our interview info. According to my fiancee, there wasn't anything extra needed for her daughter when she submitted the packet 3 forms. We just needed to have passport photos taken of both of them prior to the pre-interview medical exams at the hospital, which are now completed, sealed, and ready to go.

Timeline
We have a similar situation. My fiancee and her daughter are planning to come to the US together in July (assuming the interview goes OK). She already submitted the packet 3 documents and we've received packet 4 with our interview info. According to my fiancee, there wasn't anything extra needed for her daughter when she submitted the packet 3 forms. We just needed to have passport photos taken of both of them prior to the pre-interview medical exams at the hospital, which are now completed, sealed, and ready to go.

The daughter will need her own visa application and medical and to pay a visa fee.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

It's my understanding that you have mail the BNK embassy packet 3, and that you can't deliver it in person.

We're nearly to that stage. Paperwork!

I wish you the best.

Thanks!

Timeline

Seems I have different answers. Her daughter does not want to live her...at least not now...and I just want her to come over for a visit while out of school. With the timing of when we may possibly get the interview, it would work out well that mom and daughter could come together and then mom take her back the end of Sept. But we will see what looks best.

Timeline
Seems I have different answers. Her daughter does not want to live her...at least not now...and I just want her to come over for a visit while out of school. With the timing of when we may possibly get the interview, it would work out well that mom and daughter could come together and then mom take her back the end of Sept. But we will see what looks best.

The daughter can use the K2 visa to visit for a month but if her mother takes her home, she won't be allowed to re-enter the US because the K1 is good for only one US entry. Entering again would require Advanced Parole. Plan on that taking at least three months after filing and the filing must occur after the marriage.

Of course, the daughter can travel alone or with some other adult.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

My fiancee filled out two 156-K I think it is, one for her and one for her daughter and I had to put two visa fees in the account for her to take out and pay at the post office in Bangkok and Wednesday she will pick up her passport photos and mail it all in. So soon I should have the interview date. Geez, it sucke my own country charges for most every little thing!!! Can't see why kids have to cost when I am sure it's all done at the same time. Oh, well. I am sure there are more fees to come!!!!

Timeline
My fiancee filled out two 156-K I think it is, one for her and one for her daughter and I had to put two visa fees in the account for her to take out and pay at the post office in Bangkok and Wednesday she will pick up her passport photos and mail it all in. So soon I should have the interview date. Geez, it sucke my own country charges for most every little thing!!! Can't see why kids have to cost when I am sure it's all done at the same time. Oh, well. I am sure there are more fees to come!!!!

Yes, there are but did you read my post about the mother not being able to take the daughter home in a month? If she does, she'll need stay home with her until a new visa process is completed. You need some changes in your plan.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.