TexPamp

Apperance...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

First a little background. In March my sweetie went to the DFA in Manila to apply for a passport. She was told she needed one more form of ID in order to get a passport. She went to driving school and eventually got her drivers license.

On Thursday my sweetie went to the DFA in Manila and gave her all info and application and IDs, etc. She paid the fee and the extra 250p for expedited service and was told to return on Monday for an "apperance". What is this apperace all about. We both have no idea and at this point can only guess.

Can any one provide a step by step when getting a Filipine Passport. I am dying from curiousity.

TexPamp

K-1

March 17, 2008.....I-129F Packet sent to Vermont Service Center

March 20, 2008.....I-129F arrived at Vermont Service Center

March 21, 2008.....NOA 1

May 27, 2008........NOA2

June 19, 2008.......Delbros Paid

June 30, 2008.......Medical (Passed)

July 18, 2008........Interview (Passed, Pink and White slip)

Sept 17, 2008.......Recieved Visa

Sept 19, 2008.......CFO at St. Mary's

Sept 22, 2008.......Travel to USA, POE Honolulu, Late night arrival to Las Vegas

Sept 23, 2008.......MARRIED

Sept 25, 2008.......Left Las Vegas driving home

Sept 26, 2008.......Arrived in El Paso, Texas

AOS

December 8, 2008 Package sent

December 26, 2008 NOA

8114.gif

Filed: Timeline
First a little background. In March my sweetie went to the DFA in Manila to apply for a passport. She was told she needed one more form of ID in order to get a passport. She went to driving school and eventually got her drivers license.

On Thursday my sweetie went to the DFA in Manila and gave her all info and application and IDs, etc. She paid the fee and the extra 250p for expedited service and was told to return on Monday for an "apperance". What is this apperace all about. We both have no idea and at this point can only guess.

Can any one provide a step by step when getting a Filipine Passport. I am dying from curiousity.

TexPamp

Personal Appearances are only held at DFA Manila.

Personal Appearance Schedules are: Mon-Fri 8:30am-11:00am or 1:00pm-3:30pm; Sat 8:30am-10:00am only.

On appearance date all applicants need to line-up at Libertad St. entrance gate for inspection as part of DFA security measures. Then proceed to Pilipinas Teleserv area w/signage at GATE 3 to be assisted by our officers to PA section which will only take about 15 mins.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

After all the required papers are submitted for her passport application, she has to make a personal appearance for fingerprint scanning and signature.

The DFA have started issuing Machine Readable Passports (MRP) starting Nov. 15, 2008.

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well my sweetie went to the DFA on Monday and gave her fingerprints and signature. So now we know what "appearance" is.

She had on heck of a day Monday. She woke up early but not early enough to catch the bus to Pasay City so she caught a bus from the Dau Terminal to Cubao and rode the MRT to Pasay and by whatever means arrived at the DFA. Then when all was said and done there she was again traveling back to Angeles City same day.

We texted back and forth using Yahoo SMS messenger on her cell phone keeping in touch at different way points on her adventure. This is something I like very much as I cannot be there with her to keep her company.

TexPamp

K-1

March 17, 2008.....I-129F Packet sent to Vermont Service Center

March 20, 2008.....I-129F arrived at Vermont Service Center

March 21, 2008.....NOA 1

May 27, 2008........NOA2

June 19, 2008.......Delbros Paid

June 30, 2008.......Medical (Passed)

July 18, 2008........Interview (Passed, Pink and White slip)

Sept 17, 2008.......Recieved Visa

Sept 19, 2008.......CFO at St. Mary's

Sept 22, 2008.......Travel to USA, POE Honolulu, Late night arrival to Las Vegas

Sept 23, 2008.......MARRIED

Sept 25, 2008.......Left Las Vegas driving home

Sept 26, 2008.......Arrived in El Paso, Texas

AOS

December 8, 2008 Package sent

December 26, 2008 NOA

8114.gif

Well my sweetie went to the DFA on Monday and gave her fingerprints and signature. So now we know what "appearance" is.

She had on heck of a day Monday. She woke up early but not early enough to catch the bus to Pasay City so she caught a bus from the Dau Terminal to Cubao and rode the MRT to Pasay and by whatever means arrived at the DFA. Then when all was said and done there she was again traveling back to Angeles City same day.

We texted back and forth using Yahoo SMS messenger on her cell phone keeping in touch at different way points on her adventure. This is something I like very much as I cannot be there with her to keep her company.

TexPamp

One step closer! :thumbs: All the best of luck!

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.