11 posts in this topic

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. If not, feel free to move it where it belongs :)

I thought to myself, I better start looking into those forms I'll need to fill once we get the NOA2 and man, is that a good idea! I can figure out employment for the past ten years, no problem. Places I've lived in since age 16? It'll be a bit harder, but I can still manage with some digging in my photos and my diary.

But when it comes to listing all educational institutions attended, I have a few questions and I'm fretting 'cause I really don't have much info left from my school years.

• Do I have to list absolutely all the schools I've attended, including elementary school?
  • Or should I list only schools starting with college even if I didn't complete the program (i.e. obtained the diploma)?
  • They also want the dates, how accurate do I have to be? I mean, they want MONTH-year. :wacko:
  • This one's very specific and is addressed to anyone having grown up in the province of Quebec. Is there a place where I can obtain a complete record of the schools I've attended, including dates of attendance?
Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm trying to keep a level head but it's really hard when I stumble on stuff like this.

We listed all the schools and just did month/year.

I guess you had some kind of records to list from. My problem is I don't have any. I know in what year I finished school so I can go backwards and figure out the years before, but the months? I have no clue.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I guess you had some kind of records to list from. My problem is I don't have any. I know in what year I finished school so I can go backwards and figure out the years before, but the months? I have no clue.

We just guessed, no records.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

We just guessed, no records.

Ok, thanks. Guess I'll do the guessing game for the months too. Can't say I like though...

Anybody else here who can shed some light on this, please?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, thanks. Guess I'll do the guessing game for the months too. Can't say I like though...

i don't particularly like it either! thanks for bringing my attention to the DS-230 form. i'll have to see if my parents can help me with the listing of educational institutions.

the other question that boggles my mind: "List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the United States. (If never, write "never") Give type of visa status, if known. Give DHS "A" number if any."

i grew up close to the border and my family owns property in florida. when i was younger, we used to travel back and forth quite frequently. they don't seriously want EVERY visit to the US, do they? :blink:

i don't particularly like it either! thanks for bringing my attention to the DS-230 form. i'll have to see if my parents can help me with the listing of educational institutions.

the other question that boggles my mind: "List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the United States. (If never, write "never") Give type of visa status, if known. Give DHS "A" number if any."

i grew up close to the border and my family owns property in florida. when i was younger, we used to travel back and forth quite frequently. they don't seriously want EVERY visit to the US, do they? :blink:

Well, they do say "all" previous visits so my first thought would be that yes, you have to list them all. I can see how it could be quite complicated for you though.

Sorry I don't have a sure answer on this but at least my reply will bring the thread back up in the list and maybe someone who missed it before will see it and be able to give you an answer.

Now, in regards to my own questions, am I the only one in Quebec on the board?

Timeline
Well, they do say "all" previous visits so my first thought would be that yes, you have to list them all. I can see how it could be quite complicated for you though.

Sorry I don't have a sure answer on this but at least my reply will bring the thread back up in the list and maybe someone who missed it before will see it and be able to give you an answer.

thanks pandora :)

i doubt you are the only person from quebec... maybe just the only active person from quebec? just a thought - have you contacted the minister of education for quebec? maybe if there is a general contact they can put you in touch with someone who could help you to find the info you require? if you have any idea of the school boards in the districts you grew up in, they might also be able to assist you. i hope you are able to find this info without too much hassle.

i am quite fortunate. my mom has copies of ALL of my report cards and assessments from kindergarten through until OAC (grade 13 in ontario). thank goodness for her very thorough record keeping!

thanks pandora :)

i doubt you are the only person from quebec... maybe just the only active person from quebec? just a thought - have you contacted the minister of education for quebec? maybe if there is a general contact they can put you in touch with someone who could help you to find the info you require? if you have any idea of the school boards in the districts you grew up in, they might also be able to assist you. i hope you are able to find this info without too much hassle.

i am quite fortunate. my mom has copies of ALL of my report cards and assessments from kindergarten through until OAC (grade 13 in ontario). thank goodness for her very thorough record keeping!

You're welcome, uh... Erin or David?

Nope, haven't contacted them yet, just thought I'd check here first in case someone might have a more direct link to suggest. Will give them a call this week and see if they can help. I'll probably end up being transferred from one place to another though and that's what I wanted to avoid. Wish me luck!

Timeline

Nope, haven't contacted them yet, just thought I'd check here first in case someone might have a more direct link to suggest. Will give them a call this week and see if they can help. I'll probably end up being transferred from one place to another though and that's what I wanted to avoid. Wish me luck!

heehee. it's erin :)

i am sending some positive vibes your way :idea::idea::idea:

hope the process isn't too complicated.

heehee. it's erin :)

i am sending some positive vibes your way :idea::idea::idea:

hope the process isn't too complicated.

Thanks, Erin, I hope so too! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.