Fandango

British wedding favor ideas

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have a thread in OT about wedding favors....and a lot of ideas are being given from the ME/NA ladies who incorporated their honeys' homeland into the favors...like Stina gave bangles, someone else gave Moroccan teacups with a nice saying on them. Which started me thinking. Is there anything we could do that's decidedly British? I think doing tea cups is kinda too ott cliche for England, so I'm stumped!

I asked D and he said we could give out lager & footy balls :lol:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Anything that is Royal Doulton or Portmerrion. You can get some beautiful serving dishes or quiche dishes.

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

glad you asked this question cos id been kinda thinkin about the same thing and like you have been stumped for ideas......hhhmmm something british, maybe some yummy cadburys chocolate lol :lol: ......all depends on your wedding budget i guess, and mine is definetly on a budget!! :P

carmel x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Rebecca here....*using Wes' PC*....

Well, we did tea cups....LOL....I know how trite.....they were the demitasse variety...

We purchased little bottles of soap bubbles that look like champagne bottles, and put one of those in each cup. We had hershey's kisses in the cup too....I KNOW YOU BRITS HATE HERSHEYS BUT HEY THE WEDDING WAS IN AMERICA!!...and we had some foil wrapped chocolate coins that we laid on the saucer.

Everybody thought it was adorable.

wvirginCf7.gif

- Rebecca

north_irelandc.gif

- Wes

Our Page.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

While not typically British, Graham and I had heart shaped wine stoppers. I ordered them in the states and brought them with me. Apart from 3 of my own ppl, all the guests were Brits, and had never seen wine stoppers given as favors.

The ones we got were especially nice, rather inexpensive and easy to transport without the fear of breakage.

I got them on www.myweddingfavors.com.

Customer service was especially nice to deal with as well.

-Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

well I was thinking of seeds for mine - that way people can grow something to always remember our wedding by - well at least until the plant dies due to lack of watering, etc.... SO on that theme if you want an english theme you could have roses... or other equivalent if part of one of the other British isles countries.

Alternatively if scottish you could have minature whiskey bottles :-).. thought that might be preferable to handing out thistles lol!

what a nice thread to detract from the stress of the visa issues. Once I get my visa I too will look forward to the wedding.. mind you might be buying the dress this weekend which is exciting :-)

thats such a nice idea, and different. The webpage is good too, just had a quick peek at it and it has some nice ideas :thumbs:

thanx for posting the link :D

K1 Application

23 Feb 2006 - I-129 mailed

14 August 2006 - Approved!!!! :-)

21 October 2006 - Married in the mountains of North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Application

6 November 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD and AP

09 Decemeber 2006 - e-mail received to say case was trasferred to California

16 December 2006- biometric appointment in Charlotte, NC

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

28 June -Green card ordered

7 July wedding celebrations in Scotland

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi...

The seeds are lovely, and I wanted them too...lovely idea !!!!

I went with the wine stoppers as you'd have to order them in the UK for a UK wedding and in the US for a US wedding.

:( They won't allow seeds to go across, which sucks...

...just something to keep in mind....

My husband wanted mini whiskey bottles, and betting slips for teh football game that weekend, but my MIL vetoed that idea pronto !

-Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Rebecca here....*using Wes' PC*....

Well, we did tea cups....LOL....I know how trite.....they were the demitasse variety...

We purchased little bottles of soap bubbles that look like champagne bottles, and put one of those in each cup. We had hershey's kisses in the cup too....I KNOW YOU BRITS HATE HERSHEYS BUT HEY THE WEDDING WAS IN AMERICA!!...and we had some foil wrapped chocolate coins that we laid on the saucer.

Everybody thought it was adorable.

I love Hershey's Kisses and using them in these fabric little things with these saucer things that sit inside the fabric thing, there are names but can't think of them. :) How about Cadbury's chocolate eclairs, the small ones in the wrapped paper, or Love Hearts, you can get them from here.

www.confetti.co.uk

I've got most of my wedding stuff from here. :D

Alison.

Alison West Midlands (England) and Scott Michigan (USA)

05/31/03 Met Online.

07/03 Fell in love

08/24/03 I visit Scott for first time and got engaged :)

02/04 Scott came to England for first tme

04/20/04 My son and I went to visit Scott

08/10/04 Both children came with me to visit Scott.

12/21/04 Scott came for Christmas

03/01/05 My son and I went to visit

06/19/05 Last UK holiday

12/05 Scott is coming to spend Christmas again

06/28/05 I-129F package received at Nebraska Centre.

07/05/05 Scott's received first NOA.

09/01/05 NOA2 was mailled

09/02/05 NOA2 approved in email

09/08/05 Approved case sent to Department of State for visa processing

09/23/05 Email Confirmation of Case Number from NVC

09/26/05 Scott received Letter with case number from NVC

10/03/05 Booked Medical for 31st October at 11.10am

10/03/05 Received Packets 3 from Embassy

10/11/05 Sent Packet 3 To Embassy

11/10/05 Packet 3 and Checklist completed by Visa Branch

11/23/05 Email of interview date and also Packet 4 arrived

12/20/05 Scott comes over for two weeks

12/21/05 Interview at 11.00am, Approved

12/23/05 Received vias's in the post

01/04/06 Scott goes home :(

05/18/06 Emigrate to Michigan

07/15/06 Getting married

you could always try sugar almonds. Those are give out at the more traditional weddings, A nice wrapped package of 3 i think. They are supposed to mean something but ive forgotten lol

29/12/06 Married
05/01/08 Alexander Mark is born 16:27
07/05/08 Alexander Mark is offically an USA citizen
21/05/08 Alex's passport arrives
02/06/10 I-130 sent to London
22/08/08 I-130 Approved
09/22/08 Packet 3 Recieved
10/04/08 Packet 3 Sent
11/01/08 Packet 4 Recieved
11/14/08 Interview APPROVED
12/03/08 Visa Recieved
12/16/08 We Arrive Back In USA
08/01/10 Isadora Rose is Born
12/17/10 ROC Filed
01/25/11 Bio Appointment Sioux Falls SD
08/03/11 Conditions Lifted
10/10/12 N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
10/24/12 Fee Waiver Approved
10/26/12 NOA Recieved
11/06/12 Bio Appointment Sioux Falls SD
03/08/13 Interview and Testing, Sioux Falls SD

04/04/14 Oath Time APPROVED

I think the bonbons or the sugared almonds are a good idea, wrap a few in net and tie with ribbon, they look lovely. Went to a greek wedding and that is what they gave out but with greek goodies in them and it was so pretty. Not expensive either :whistle: One of the guys at work gave out sweets at his and for the men they were in a little top hat and the women's in a lady's fancy hat, really lovely

Just had a look on the weddingfavor site and some of them are really lovely, the Rose Ball candle, the bell candle and the Rose soap petals for the ladies are lovely :thumbs:

Edited by munchkins

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Hi there,

I had hoped to do the seed thing too, but ran out of time for it and many other things! Anyway, I was going to get Forget Me Not seeds. Very traditional 'English country garden' style flower and I think the name's very appropriate for a wedding - it's supposed to signify true, unforgettable love. Just in case that idea appeals, there are various sources in the States for customised packets of seed to use as favours - I Googled today and found some sites offering different seeds and style of packaging, and the prices and minimum order requirements varied widely.... You could do worse than to check out This Favour Supplier called 'Forever&Always'. I haven't used them, but I really like their stuff. If Forget Me Nots don't appeal they also do other seeds too. They customise the packets, the price isn't too bad and I notice they can do rush orders as well ... If only I'd found them last year ... :wacko:

Looking at all this sort of stuff kind of makes me wish I could get married again - to the same guy, of course!! :luv: Hmm, repeating vows annually, perhaps!??! :lol:

All the best,

Sheila

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

=======================================

Jun 01-2005: I-129F is at TSC

Sep 21-2005: K-1 Visa!

Oct 16-2005: Moved To DFW!

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

Mar 07-2008: I-751 (Lifting conditions) sent

Apr 17-2008: Biometrics Appt

Wedding Crackers...I soooo wanted to do them for our wedding, but my husband said it's too cheesey! LOL

Totally a Brit thang for sure tho!

Good Luck!

Stacy

Stacy (USA) & Paul (UK)

AOS Timeline

03/18/06 Our Wedding Day!

05/22/06 Sent off AOS/EAD package!

08/17/06 Rec'd EAD in the post!

11/08/06 Applied for AP via E-file.

12/26/06 Rec'd AP in post.

02/08/07 AOS interview - pending FBI name check.

06/30/07 Sent off EAD *renewal*!

09/04/07 Rec'd EAD in post.

11/07/07 Applied for AP *renewal* via E-file!

11/30/07 Rec'd AP in post.

04/11/08 Rec'd 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.