jessica83

QUESTION about citizenship through marriage

10 posts in this topic

I have my 10-year permanent resident card (greencard) based on marriage, and my marriage has been more than 3 years already. So I'm planning to apply for citizenship, but i dun know what else of evident or document do I need for N-400 form. Do i have to attach all my marriage evident to n-400?? Or mail the n-400 by its self?? I am very confused about it... please is there anyone who can help me.. thx !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

USCIS has a great check list here:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=36315 (Not enough doing them through Naturalization)

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ha, just send everything you sent for your I-130/I-485, your I-751, and any updates since then. If you are young and got married when you started, probably have five kids already, and maybe even some in college. Baby birth certificates are real winners with the USCIS. So are joint tax returns. Yeah, they want a copy of your marriage certificate again, too, and if previously divorced, all those divorce papers.

M-476 can be downloaded, a 65 page manual, and tells you exactly what to send.

also i forgot to mention that... on n-400 form page 5 , Question G, "how many times has your current spouse been married?" ... if my husband has only one marriage (current marriage w/ me), and has never been marrieage before.. so in the box should we type 1 or 0??

also i forgot to mention that... on n-400 form page 5 , Question G, "how many times has your current spouse been married?" ... if my husband has only one marriage (current marriage w/ me), and has never been marrieage before.. so in the box should we type 1 or 0??

It should be 1 since he married you.

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

Ha, just send everything you sent for your I-130/I-485, your I-751, and any updates since then. If you are young and got married when you started, probably have five kids already, and maybe even some in college. Baby birth certificates are real winners with the USCIS. So are joint tax returns. Yeah, they want a copy of your marriage certificate again, too, and if previously divorced, all those divorce papers.

M-476 can be downloaded, a 65 page manual, and tells you exactly what to send.

Hello, Everyone!

I just moved from the "Removing of conditions "forum to this one, cause I recently got my 10 year card based on my marriage and I am considering applying for citizenship, cause its been more then 3 years since we got married!

I read the instructions carefully and I also tried to look for that info here ,but I couldn't find the exact answer!

Does anybody know, when you send them your Tax Returns are they supposed to be for the past 3 years, the bank accounts- for the past 3 years or only for that period that you were waiting for the conditions to be removed,since they have all that paperwork already? Same thing for the lease-do I send just the current one or again for the past 3 years?

Thanks to all that will answer and I am looking forward to share this journey with the people in this forum!:)

Timeline
Does anybody know, when you send them your Tax Returns are they supposed to be for the past 3 years, the bank accounts- for the past 3 years or only for that period that you were waiting for the conditions to be removed,since they have all that paperwork already? Same thing for the lease-do I send just the current one or again for the past 3 years?

Thanks to all that will answer and I am looking forward to share this journey with the people in this forum!:)

Just send bank statements for the period in question e.g. one form 2 years ago, one form one year ago and one recent (something like that); I made sure and sent three years tax return (even though they have them from before) I just wanted this packet to be complete. You can send lease statements for the period or just the last one - depending on how much other proof you have. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Just send bank statements for the period in question e.g. one form 2 years ago, one form one year ago and one recent (something like that); I made sure and sent three years tax return (even though they have them from before) I just wanted this packet to be complete. You can send lease statements for the period or just the last one - depending on how much other proof you have. Good Luck

Thanks, Motu!

What do you mean by "other proof"? I am not planing to send anything more or less then the 4 things they require-which is- Tax Returns, Bank Account, lease or mortgage and divorce papers if applicable(not in my case) and thats it!

I am not sending any phone or utility bills or any photos. I am going to have those with me on the interview and show them only if requested! It is just that I have found in my dealings with the USCIS that the more you deviate from their specific requests, the more unwanted questions and confusion arise later, dint you think so?

Timeline

Jessica, most of your questions will be answered by downloading this 65 page book:

www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

That was mentioned in the N-400 instruction sheet, A Guide to Naturalization", ha, I thought by carefully reading and following all the instructions with the N-400, that would be it, then I had to download and print a book too?

Then the proof they want depends upon your circumstance, and it is all mixed together, so you have to pick out what applies to you, underline it, and make sure it is in your packet.

I tossed in a couple of extra things, like downloading our property tax assessors valuation of our home with my wife's name on it, photos from Walgreens at 19 cents each of my family camping, and with our home in the background that matched the tax assessor's photo, that had the URL so they could check it out for themselves, and the photos to let them know we are real people and not just names and numbers on a form. Ha, and made sure the passport photos were of the same woman that was in the photos with me, our daughter, and dog.

During our interview, noticed the interviewer really liked looking at our photos, especially of our wedding with over 200 guests attending.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.