hheaven67

K3 afternoon interviews Vancouver

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, trying to decide what flights to book for the interview date. The interview isn't until 1pm so Westjet has a flight leaving SK at 6:20am, arriving 8:30am Vancouver time which will be perfect. I would appreciate advice from anyone that has gone thru the afternoon interview, at approximately what time did you get out of the Consulate?? How long approx does it take to get to the Consulate from the airport via cab? cost? can I take a small purse seeing that we're not staying anywhere that we can store items...unless the airport has lockers??

I sincerely appreciate any info VJ'ers can share, thank you!

jen

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your a brave person,lol If it were I, I would travel the day before. Never know when AC serviceability or weather comes into play!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can take a bus from the airport which takes you like only two blocks away from the Consulate. Its very feasible. You can check up on the internet about the Vancouver sky train and buses and get all the fares and times that the buses leave the airport. I would definitely suggest flying in the day before. Don't rely on the airline to get you there in time. I flew in the day before my interview and was delayed by West Jet for over two hours. So I was glad that I didn't fly the day of the interview.

Once you get there, you have two sets of security to go thru, so take as little as possible with you. Takes less time for them to go thru it then. We took a small computer bag and it went fine.

Hope this helps.

PS. It takes approximately an hour by bus from the airport. Give yourself extra time.

Edited by tkmarlow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We didn't get done with our interview until roughly around 3 pm. Are you going to have the visa mailed to you then? You won't get the visa that day. They always process them and then have people come back to pick up the next day. I agree, you're pretty brave. Due to the weather I missed my first flight to Vancouver the night before the interview and had to take the late flight. I'd be worried, but then again I worried a lot through the process!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Hmmm...not too sure about taking the flight the night before, I'll be talking with Jim about this more...as you're right, the next flight doesn't leave until 10:55am....I just think that getting a hotel room and having to check out at around 11am seems ridiculous to have to spend even more $$...as we all know, this visa process is getting costly but then again, if we miss our interview time, who knows...it does state on the Consulate's website that if you are delayed due to flight issues, you show up the next day at the same time (from the website: http://www.amcits.com/nvars.asp) "If an applicant is unable to make their visa appointment due to Flight Cancellations or other weather-related problems, there is no need to reschedule the appointment. Just appear at the office where the original interview was scheduled on the next visa processing day or as soon as new travel arrangements can be made. The applicant should be prepared to explain and verify the reason for the delay." Thanks everyone!

jen

Edited by hheaven67

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.