7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey, I just sent in the A.o.s forms for K1 visa but didn't sent any medical reports or vaccination because I don't have them on me. I did hand over the mysterious yellow envelope to the immigration officer at the airport which was the medical report. Now I don't remember if I did got the proper vaccinations or not so I am geting them very soon so i can send the vaccinations report to Chicago lock box as well. The problem is I don't know which vaccinations should I get? I called a few civil surgeons and they are totally clueless. Please shed some light on which vaccinations are required for A.o.s (K1) and if there is a link to that procedure? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You can get tested for and/or vaccinated for the required vaccinations anywhere, and then get the record transfered to the vaccinations part of form I-693 by a US civil surgeon, you do not need a new medical done for AOS.

I-693 instructions page 4

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your

overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the

vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated

civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Again this in not a full medical, only the "supplement" is now part 2 of the I-693 form.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
You can get tested for and/or vaccinated for the required vaccinations anywhere, and then get the record transfered to the vaccinations part of form I-693 by a US civil surgeon, you do not need a new medical done for AOS.

I-693 instructions page 4

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your

overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the

vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated

civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Again this in not a full medical, only the "supplement" is now part 2 of the I-693 form.

I just looked up the vaccination section in part 2. If I don't have any record of my vaccnation record, do I have to get all the vaccinations or are there specific vaccination shots for K1 A.O.S? If there are specific vaccinations, which are those? Sorry I am very confused and thanks for your help.

Timeline
I just looked up the vaccination section in part 2. If I don't have any record of my vaccnation record, do I have to get all the vaccinations or are there specific vaccination shots for K1 A.O.S? If there are specific vaccinations, which are those? Sorry I am very confused and thanks for your help.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/tbl1-cs-clrd.pdf

And

http://www.cdc.gov/tb/pubs/tbfactsheets/BCG.pdf

This can be done a county health department, family doctor, local clinic, where ever it costs the least, and you take the new record to a US Civil surgeon for transfer to I-693

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/tbl1-cs-clrd.pdf

And

http://www.cdc.gov/tb/pubs/tbfactsheets/BCG.pdf

This can be done a county health department, family doctor, local clinic, where ever it costs the least, and you take the new record to a US Civil surgeon for transfer to I-693

Excellent, thanks for your help

Filed: Timeline

Wait and see if you get an RFE, first, for two reasons:

1. Your vaccinations may have been completed as part of your medical and all the info is already in the envelope so there is nothing you need do further.
  2. If you send in the supplement separately from your AOS application without an RFE it's highly likely that they will not be able to connect the two.
iagree.gif

Timeline
Wait and see if you get an RFE, first, for two reasons:
  1. Your vaccinations may have been completed as part of your medical and all the info is already in the envelope so there is nothing you need do further.
  2. If you send in the supplement separately from your AOS application without an RFE it's highly likely that they will not be able to connect the two.
Good point.

If USCIS decides to approve without interview, they will RFE for the I-693, if they decide an interview is needed the interview appointment letter will request the I-693 to be brought to the AOS interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.