chri'stina

Prince Caspian

75 posts in this topic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! I have a fondness for the books and also a fondness for the BBC TV series; although I can never watch the latter again because while it seemed amazing through a child's eyes it's uh...not so great as an adult. :lol: So I'm very excited for the film now that they have the budget and technical wizardry able to do the books justice.

However...I can't say I was all that impressed with the first film. It looked pretty enough, but nothing about it really grabbed my attention. However, the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is probably my least favourite of the books, so there was that, too.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Me too M...

I was sooo happy.

I think I might have almost cried out of sheer happiness of sitting there watching one of my favourite books come to life ...lol

me too :innocent:

:lol: I think we are a little sad...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

M...nah! We just can't help it. :innocent: No other books made me feel the way these did.

WHen I was little I didn't like the Dawn Treader too much. I don't know why, as an adult when I read it I loved it. I used to love The Silver Chair and Magicians Nephew the most. I loved in The Silver Chair when they find the Prince and the tension about what happens to him at a certain time of night when he goes supposedly "insane". Good stuff right there. haha.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I'm excited about it. We won't be able to see it until next weekend though b/c my parents might be back in town and can watch Kavi so we can go.

Lucy looks a lot older even though it was only supposed to be one year since their last visit to Narnia. That's a bummer. I was also confused about Caspian's age, but then looked in the book and realized he might be somewhere around that age by the time the kids went back to Narnia. I wish CS Lewis was alive to see this, and I'd like to hear what he'd have to say about them. I hope he'd be happy with how they turn out as movies.

So anyone else seeing it soon?

We're going with a bunch of people from church tomorrow :)

Caspian does seem a bit old, he's supposed to be around Peter's age. In the next movie, though, he would be about the age the actor is now. It is a pity this movie was delayed a bit, otherwise Lucy would look the right age...

I cant wait to see it!!!!

I kinda wish they would have done the whole series as movies, but then again it might have gotten boring.

My understanding was that they are planning on doing the whole series. This one is the second story in Lewis' original order, and I know the third movie, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, is in production.

Great!!!!!! I hadnt heard that.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Timeline

When my mom was down here last, a clip from Prince Caspian was on with Reepicheep. My mom was like "OH so that's Reepicheep! I finally get to meet him :P. " She never really read the books, I got her to read one once and she liked it, but she's not so into reading fiction. But when we were kids, we had goldfish and one we named Reepicheep so she always remembered that name.

Timeline

my mom was always reading us books,.. she would read a chapter of a book a night.. was a good motivator... the next night she would say she was going to read the next chapter in the book but only until we were all ready for bed so me and my brothers would go tearing around the house getting into our pj's and brushing our teeth ...lol

once she read the last Narnia book aloud to us...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
I dunno I find the Narnia movies a bit underwhelming compared to say Lord of the Rings.

The only Narnia book I particularly liked was The Silver Chair.

I like that the Narnia movies are less intense than The Lord of the Rings...the battles are shorter which I like. I did love The Lord of the Rings movies a lot but they are so long and intense. I like the flowery Narnia stuff better than The Lord of the Rings(which I never really read, only half of the first book).

I remember when the original films came out when I was like 7 or something, a long time ago and we watched them on VHS. I loved them. The new movie looks great though, with the special effects.

:)

.png

.png

2/5/07 - 2 Year Green Card arrives!!! YAY!!!!

5/10/08 - Received RI Driver's License!

11/10/08 - Removing Conditions - Sent package out!

11/19/08 - Received Notice of Action - 1 year extension on my current green card - now waiting for biometrics letter.

11/28/08 - Received biometrics letter.

12/12/08 - Biometrics appointment - 10am.

01/13/09 - Still waiting............

06/08/09 - Card in production and on it's way!

06/22/09 - Received 10 Year Green Card! YAY!!

happy13.gif thforevertogether.gif

thNevergiveup.gif love9.gif

blinkie18.gif

Made_in_England.gif

Timeline

I watched the videos when younger too but to be honest I didn't like them at all. They completely disappointed me since they were lower budget and couldn't really live up to the books.

I think what i love about the Narnia books, is he was such a magical writer, and you could clearly invision the scenes and see it in your minds eye IMO.

I enjoyed Lord of the Rings movies too, but i agree with Stina, i like the flowery Narnia stuff more so then some of the bloody and gruesome things in Lord.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Timeline
I watched the videos when younger too but to be honest I didn't like them at all. They completely disappointed me since they were lower budget and couldn't really live up to the books.

I couldn't get over how fake the lion looked :P

I think this is the ones I saw but I can't remember now...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif