Krystina and Andy

Work Permit, coming on 82 days...no news

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My husband's work permit has not come yet. We filed in December for the Adjustment of Status, plus the work authorization. Got knocked back on Xmas-eve with an RFE because I had been living in the UK for three years as a student, so they wanted sponsors and tax stuff from those people. We got all that stuff together from my family, which took a while because they all own businesses, so it was more of a going through CPAs and what not, sent it all back in in Feb, didn't hear anything.

We called in April and was told it was still "processing". Next week will be 90 days since we resent. Is this normal or is there something really wrong here?

Also, reading conflicting info about Advanced Parole. If we have a trip tenatively planned to Bali in October for our anniversary, are we eligible for that? Or can he only travel for family emergency or business purposes? Sorry if I'm out of the loop here, haven't been able to keep up with the site because I'm working two jobs to keep us afloat, seeing as how he can't work yet, bless him! :blush:

We filed in Dallas, Texas btw.

September 2005- Andrew and I met

January 2006- He finally got the courage to ask me out!

June 2006- Moved in together

December 2006- Engaged!

January 27th 07- mailed the I-129F to Texas

February 15th 07- received NOA1!

May 7th 07- "Touched"!!!

May 8th 07- "Touched" Again!!!

June 6th 07- Received the packet from the embassy in London, no approval letter or anything sent before that!

June 12th '07- Visa Medical in London

June 26th 07- online notification that our application was approved (a little late i would say!)

June 27th 07- Interview date scheduled!

August 7th- Interview at London

August 23 07- Moved to Texas

October 6 07- Married...yay!!!!!!!!!!! Best day of our lives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My husband's work permit has not come yet. We filed in December for the Adjustment of Status, plus the work authorization. Got knocked back on Xmas-eve with an RFE because I had been living in the UK for three years as a student, so they wanted sponsors and tax stuff from those people. We got all that stuff together from my family, which took a while because they all own businesses, so it was more of a going through CPAs and what not, sent it all back in in Feb, didn't hear anything.

We called in April and was told it was still "processing". Next week will be 90 days since we resent. Is this normal or is there something really wrong here?

Also, reading conflicting info about Advanced Parole. If we have a trip tenatively planned to Bali in October for our anniversary, are we eligible for that? Or can he only travel for family emergency or business purposes? Sorry if I'm out of the loop here, haven't been able to keep up with the site because I'm working two jobs to keep us afloat, seeing as how he can't work yet, bless him! :blush:

I assume you filed DORA so I am not familiar with how DORA works exactly (you certainly are not seeing anything near rapid)... I know the RFE holds up everything but should have resolved by now.....

AP is AP... It can be used as needed

YMMV

Timeline

We couldn't do DORA because they closed the program in September.

December 2006- Engaged!

May 7th 07- "Touched"!!!

June 6th 07- Received the packet from the embassy in London, no approval letter or anything sent before that!

June 26th 07- online notification that our application was approved (a little late i would say!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Then should you not have filed your AOS via Chicago and not Dallas?

YMMV

Timeline

Absolutely, sorry. We did file through Chicago. Live in Dallas, filed in Chicago. Apologies, between the K-1, AOS, etc etc it's all muddled in my head...

Then should you not have filed your AOS via Chicago and not Dallas?

December 2006- Engaged!

May 7th 07- "Touched"!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.