i-aim-to-please

didnt ask for DS-230

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

so today i had my interview in frankfurt..and everything went pretty good...the only not so cool thing is that im missing 2 shots that i still need to get..but the doctor said i just have to go get them and then fax the proof and my vaccination record book to him and he will complete the medical and send it to the embassy..

but now im a little confused..because i know i was supose to bring the second part of the DS-230 to the embassy..but no one there asked for it..they looked at all my other papers..but no one ..not even the consul wanted to see the DS-230 (or part two of it since they have the first part) ...after the question part he asked me if all the information i gave them is true and i said yes and he had me sign a different form (i think it was the 156k or the 156 one of those) and he said thats it..he doesnt need anymore documents and ill recieve the visa in the mail as soon as they have the medical

now should i worry..that they simply forgot to ask for the DS-230 ?? should i call.or should i just wait ??? is it possible to be aproved without the 2nd part of the DS-230

i was to nervous to remember to ask him if he needs it still cause i had it with me of course!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
so today i had my interview in frankfurt..and everything went pretty good...the only not so cool thing is that im missing 2 shots that i still need to get..but the doctor said i just have to go get them and then fax the proof and my vaccination record book to him and he will complete the medical and send it to the embassy..

but now im a little confused..because i know i was supose to bring the second part of the DS-230 to the embassy..but no one there asked for it..they looked at all my other papers..but no one ..not even the consul wanted to see the DS-230 (or part two of it since they have the first part) ...after the question part he asked me if all the information i gave them is true and i said yes and he had me sign a different form (i think it was the 156k or the 156 one of those) and he said thats it..he doesnt need anymore documents and ill recieve the visa in the mail as soon as they have the medical

now should i worry..that they simply forgot to ask for the DS-230 ?? should i call.or should i just wait ??? is it possible to be aproved without the 2nd part of the DS-230

i was to nervous to remember to ask him if he needs it still cause i had it with me of course!

For a K-1 most consulates will use only DS-230 Part 1 (if they use the DS-230 at all).

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

For a K-1 most consulates will use only DS-230 Part 1 (if they use the DS-230 at all).

oh okey that makes sense then ..i was a little confused after noticing they didnt want to see it! but thank you for the quick reply!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.