M+S

doesn't sound good for me!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Middle East

I hope you all get your journey done soon and so am i..I am very stressed Cairo Embassy of USa has very bad reputation ...here what i read abotu them here in VJ

"Read that i found it online about US embassy in Cairo : " nice ha"

"This is a high fraud embassy. Expect scrutiny of the relationship, no matter the circumstances. Embassy has delayed and returned petitions without explanation or ability to provide further evidence as required. Expect additional security clearance/admin processing after the interview, particularly of males, which can delay visa issuance by 1-6 months or more."

now I feel horrible and very nervous it's very confusing and uncomfortable to have to go through an Embassy that has this Review "HIGH FRAUD"!!!

tell me what to do" I KNOW THERE IS NOTHING TO DO!!!!

:(:(:(

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I will say that is why our case took so long since it was considered a high fraud and T country. Make sure to get lots of evidence and you may have to endure AR/AP. Just try and stay positive and you will overcome the issues but it may take time. Pray for patience and understanding in this process, too. (F)

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello;

Casa embassy has about the same reputation, thats why it requires of us to be very well prepared for everything. Like most VJ's would tell you, all you can do is look at your case thru the eyes of the CO. Try to find your "RED FLAGS" & find answers to them so that you wont be shocked at the Interview, but most of all, it requires alot of PATINCE .

good luck :thumbs:

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If your relationship isn't a fraud, you will have a chance to prove it. It may just take a few more months of administrative review, but inshaAllah you and your sweetie will be together soon. After my husband's interview, his file was reviewed for about 5 weeks. It can be shorter than that, or it can be many months. It's just the reality we face when dealing with embassies in the muslim world.

Just be honest with the officers at your interview, bring a lot of evidence of your relationship, be friendly, and be ready to answer questions.

My husband made it through the cairo embassy with only minor bruises so it can be done :yes:

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Do females go through AR too??? I have a friend I knew through VJ and he told me his wife didn't had any AR since she is female and she is from Morocco???

I have many evidence we had 2 wedding parties about 1500 photos taken for wedding and engament and honey moon with familes and relatives and phone bills since i call him 3 times a day to his cellphone ..and he also visited me 3 times in 5 6months..is that enough for them???

but the only thing iam afraid of that me and my husband married after one month dating because we knew we are soul mates i don't know how the embassy will look at this??? although all this evidences we have???

:(

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

From what I have read on VJ very few females are on AR from the ME/Asian forums. A few of the ladies from Tiawan and such areas that have missing documents, or cinemars? get some AR but it is cleared quickly. It is alot easier to bring a female into the states than a man. JMO

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

Mohammed and I too are going through Cairo and yes I have those panics often. However, if you provide substantial proof you should be fine. The ladies here have offered good advise. I think all of us in this ME/NA forum are going through what are considered "high fraud" embassies. This does not mean automatic denial. It just means very careful processing and it takes time and patience. In your case, you may find yourself more fortunate as they are generally not as cautious with females.

Don't worry yourself too much. This is a very intimidating process. Everything about your person is set out before a government to be examined and it can be very uncomfortable. Just remember your love for your husband, relax, do your best getting organized and gathering your information, and you should do just fine. Remember, the American government's job is not to deny you, it is to assure that the individuals it grants entry to are not fraudulent and the safety of its citizens. See? Nothing to sweat!

Timeline

How do you think the US embassy will look at the fact of me and Mark being Married after one month of dating although he vsisted me 3 times after we got married so far in 5 month ..is that a RED FLAG for them??

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

Filed: Other Timeline
How do you think the US embassy will look at the fact of me and Mark being Married after one month of dating although he vsisted me 3 times after we got married so far in 5 month ..is that a RED FLAG for them??

Don't forget you are female, which may work in your favor. It seems they give the men the hardest time and while I only know of 2 M/E women on VJ so far, it was easy for them and visas issued same day.

Try to relax and continue collecting as much proof as possible. Save envelopes, letters, cards that your husband sends you.

salams,

prena

Don't let this panic you. We ALL have red flags somewhere in our cases. Most here have been successful with their visas and it just takes time and patience. If you have solid proof to back up your relationship, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If the Embassy has a concern about it, they will ask you in your interview and you have the opportunity to explain at that point. Trust me, I KNOW your fears right now. I went through them too. I still do from time to time as we are waiting his processing. From what I saw it seems you have a strong case.

Timeline

Thank you very much all of you are very helpful and supportive I have no enough words to thank you..

all Cards Mark sent me are E-cards and emails too..and we use skype to call each other cell phone but we have many photos and his passport has 3 visitor visa stamped there.

when i have interview to get a visit visa to USA in Chsritmas time it get denied the woman was very mean to me ..and she asked me how did my family agreed to let me marry man I knew for one month ...well Iam 25 years old and a doctor I should be able to choose freely the man I wanna marry isn't it??But my family loves Mark very very much from the first moments they saw him..of course they were worried but now they know he loves me very much and they are sure he will take very good care of me ...

and she asked me for how long we knew each ther before we marry I said one month" I always tell the truth" I don't like lies and I am not good at it in fact..

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

Thank you very much all of you are very helpful and supportive I have no enough words to thank you..

all Cards Mark sent me are E-cards and emails too..and we use skype to call each other cell phone but we have many photos and his passport has 3 visitor visa stamped there.

when i have interview to get a visit visa to USA in Chsritmas time it get denied the woman was very mean to me ..and she asked me how did my family agreed to let me marry man I knew for one month ...well Iam 25 years old and a doctor I should be able to choose freely the man I wanna marry isn't it??But my family loves Mark very very much from the first moments they saw him..of course they were worried but now they know he loves me very much and they are sure he will take very good care of me ...

and she asked me for how long we knew each ther before we marry I said one month" I always tell the truth" I don't like lies and I am not good at it in fact..

You just stand strong in your truth. You'll be just fine!

Timeline

I called Mark now he has just recieved the AOS bill we are going to send now ...

Great ha :dance:

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Getting visitors visas to the US is quite different from getting a marriage based visa. Most likely, you were denied that because you were already married to an american citizen. Many people on this site have been denied a vistor visa, but still get to the US just fine on a marriage/fiance visa.

Just be honest, remain calm and answer everything with a smile. There have been people who have gotten k-1 visas after knowing their fiances for only a few months online and meeting once for a few days in person.

The most important thing I've learned during our immigration journey is to remain calm, don't freak out and remain patient.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Getting visitors visas to the US is quite different from getting a marriage based visa. Most likely, you were denied that because you were already married to an american citizen. Many people on this site have been denied a vistor visa, but still get to the US just fine on a marriage/fiance visa.

Just be honest, remain calm and answer everything with a smile. There have been people who have gotten k-1 visas after knowing their fiances for only a few months online and meeting once for a few days in person.

The most important thing I've learned during our immigration journey is to remain calm, don't freak out and remain patient.

Honestly, the most difficult part of this @#*(& process is the not freaking out part!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.