colinlieu

Divorce -- left the US

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

A friend of mine came to the States on a K1 visa, adjusted her status and received her green card. Unfortunately her marriage did not work and she left the US to go back to her home country. She is filing for divorce.

She could have applied to remove her conditional status starting May 1st, which she obviously is not interested in doing. However she has made friends in the US during her time here, and would like to be able to visit them later in the year. She wants to be "clean" with the immigration so she'll have no problem coming back to the US on vacation. What does she need to do though? I could not advise her at all and feel kind of helpless. Does anybody know who she should contact to let the USCIS know that she has left the country and will not pursue her immigration journey? Will she have problems re-entering the US if she does not notify anyone?

Please help! Thanks.

M.

Our Timeline:

I-129F / K-1:

- 03/20/2002: I-129F Petition sent to Nebraska SC

- 05/05/2002: NO1

- 09/26/2002: NO2 Petition Approved

- 01/09/2003: Interview at the Embassy - K-1 Approved

- 02/04/2003: moving to the States

- 04/02/2003: Wedding in San Francisco

I-485 AOS / I-751 :

- May 2003: I-485 sent to Texas SC

- 10/17/2003: Fingerprinting & EAD

- March 2004: AOS Interview in Oklahoma City

- 03/17/2004: Temporary Green Card Issued

- 03/30/2004: Green Card Issued

- 02/14/2006: I-751 sent to California SC

- 05/26/2006: Removal of Condition Approved

- 11/08/2006: Green Card received

Citizenship:

- 09/22/2007: N-400 sent

- 12/26/2007: NOA received / check cashed

- 2/18/2008: 1st Biometrics appointment -- failed

- 3/10/2008: 2nd Biometrics appointment

- May 15th: Interview date in Oklahoma City

- June 25th: Oath Ceremony in OKC!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

She can give up her permanent resient status at the local US consulate or embassy...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.