kaya541

Adding a Canadian fiance/spouse to US bank acct

17 posts in this topic

I tried on Friday to get on my husbands account with Bank Of North Georgia. They told me I needed a state ID. I have my SSN, EAD, passport with visa, but it wasn't enough. So I'm headed to the state patrol tomorrow to see about a state ID. Funny thing was, my son, who's 4, was able to get his own account with them. How ironic is that? My husband had to be the co-signer and they don't even have the same last name. I've noticed along the way that my son seems to get everything before I do, but thats a whole other topic lol.

Mary

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

My husband added me to his joint account with only my passport. No hard time at all!

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.