k1_visa

Entry denied at the POE

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Actually, AP does not allow admission. It allows just what it's name says - parole. There's a difference.

Yodrak

What is the difference? Sorry to be daft, but can you explain in more detail?

thanks

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Filed: Timeline

ivona,

A person who has been admitted is in the USA both physically and legally.

A person who has been parolled is in the USA physically but legally they are still back at the POE waiting to be admitted. Not being in the USA as a legal entity they are not entitled to all of the same 'due processes' as a person who is in the USA, and are more vulnerable to being repatriated should some problem arise (much as a parolled criminal is much easier to send back to jail than the average person).

If you want more detail than that, have a consultation with an immigration attorney.

Yodrak

Actually, AP does not allow admission. It allows just what it's name says - parole. There's a difference.

Yodrak

What is the difference? Sorry to be daft, but can you explain in more detail?

thanks

Kezzie,

Well, personal experience is a good answer to the question I asked you.

I find the 6 weeks for a normal vacation to be interesting. For a person who has a job (except perhaps for a teacher during the summer), relatively few people get more than 2 or 3 weeks for a vacation. For a person who's not working, what makes 6 weeks more normal than anything else, I wonder?

Yodrak

I was asked at my interview if I had out of the country for any longer than a normal vacation, I asked what she would class as a normal vacation and was told 6 weeks....

Sorry if I have confused anyone...

Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
ivona,

A person who has been admitted is in the USA both physically and legally.

A person who has been parolled is in the USA physically but legally they are still back at the POE waiting to be admitted. Not being in the USA as a legal entity they are not entitled to all of the same 'due processes' as a person who is in the USA, and are more vulnerable to being repatriated should some problem arise (much as a parolled criminal is much easier to send back to jail than the average person).

If you want more detail than that, have a consultation with an immigration attorney.

Yodrak

cheers

I was just curious as to the actual difference- the legal bit that you explained....

thanks again

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't think you're allowed to leave the US on AP for more than 60 days; if you stay abroad longer your AOS will be considered abandoned. So, I think you should consider returning within this timeframe. Otherwise, you'll probably denied entry.

Fischko, I know you read different stuff from me, so I was wondering if you had a source for this? (or Kezzie--)

It made me quite curious and all the info I came up with indicates that there is no time limit for being outside the US on Advance Parole *other than* returning to the US by the expiration date of the AP itself.

Meauxna, I found this information last year when I was considering advance parole for myself. I can't remember where I saw this, but it was on some immigration law site. I'll see if I can find it again.

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.