VisaJourneyLady

US websites that accept UK Credit cards

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Does anyone know of any of the major US shopping websites that accept credit cards from the UK. My OH wants to buy a sound system for his mum for Mother's day and her birthday. We would really like it to be a big shops website so that we can pay for it and she can go pick it up.

We've tried Circuit city and best buy, but they only let you enter a billing address with a US zip code. He has a US credit card, but it's a joint one with his mom, so she can give him money easily. So we're trying to use our UK card.

Does anyone know of any other stores that will accept a UK credit card on their website?

:star::star::star::star::star:

ta, in advance :thumbs:

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Amazon.com has electricals, and they accept any credit card :)

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Maven,

I can log on to Target with my Amazon details - great. However they don't appear to do store pick up. At the moment they are in the lead, what with being able to take payment and all, but if anyone else knows of a website where we can both pay for the item, and have it picked up at the shop, I would be very very grateful.

:star: Thanks again

The UK Wiki

We did all our Christmas shopping at Target for Merc's family ... we used my UK card and billing details in the UK and delivered them to the USA. Would that be of any use rather than store pick up?

R

Thanks Maven,

I can log on to Target with my Amazon details - great. However they don't appear to do store pick up. At the moment they are in the lead, what with being able to take payment and all, but if anyone else knows of a website where we can both pay for the item, and have it picked up at the shop, I would be very very grateful.

:star: Thanks again

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

We're pretty much on the brink of giving up and sending her some money. ####### as that is. We could have it shipped but so far the only place that accepts my card is Target, and it just doesn't have a very good choice on it's website. It'd be a shame to get her one from there, when there are ones she would like better elsewhere. -_-

None of the other websites even have a country tab in the billing info page, just state and zip. :mellow:

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We had much the same problems when we lived in the UK buying gifts for the US family. My wife solved the problem quite often by telephoning the stores and placing the order that way. Most seemed happy to accept a UK credit card order it was just that the people who designed their web sites seemed to think the world started and ended at the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

We had much the same problems when we lived in the UK buying gifts for the US family. My wife solved the problem quite often by telephoning the stores and placing the order that way. Most seemed happy to accept a UK credit card order it was just that the people who designed their web sites seemed to think the world started and ended at the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

Yep, great idea! :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Excellent idea! Why not try calling Best Buy, Poiteen?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Though a bit tedious, you could open PayPal accounts in both countries (you will need a bank account in each country for verification to lift limits but don't need to transfer money from them) then you can send money from your UK PayPal to US PayPal account via credit card. Finally use your US PayPal account to pay for the goods.

Certainly not elegant but it does mean that you can use a lot of the US retailers.

Timeline

Hey guys, just in case anyone was wondering, I called circuit city, best buy and Target. None of them would take my UK credit card over the phone. The stores said that they could not take sensitive info like that over the phone and the phone ordering lines said that they couldn't enter UK details in to their systems. Humph! Sending money today.

The UK Wiki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Does anyone know of any of the major US shopping websites that accept credit cards from the UK. My OH wants to buy a sound system for his mum for Mother's day and her birthday. We would really like it to be a big shops website so that we can pay for it and she can go pick it up.

We've tried Circuit city and best buy, but they only let you enter a billing address with a US zip code. He has a US credit card, but it's a joint one with his mom, so she can give him money easily. So we're trying to use our UK card.

Does anyone know of any other stores that will accept a UK credit card on their website?

:star::star::star::star::star:

ta, in advance :thumbs:

Personally, I use amazon.com with my uk credit card and get things delivered to my SO's address and do it that way but the billing address is a uk one

check out my time line and dont forget to update yours too :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hey guys, just in case anyone was wondering, I called circuit city, best buy and Target. None of them would take my UK credit card over the phone. The stores said that they could not take sensitive info like that over the phone and the phone ordering lines said that they couldn't enter UK details in to their systems. Humph! Sending money today.

Haven't tried Best Buy, but in the past we had no problems with Target and Circuit City taking phone orders from the UK. Guess they don't want to bother now.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.