GaryC

Angry Dems Protest Unseated Florida Delegates

41 posts in this topic

When do the Superdelegates actually go into the count? What's with the switching between candidates? Is there a day when someone says "put up or shut up" or can they just throw in their vote any time they feel? :wacko:

They officially pledge their support at the Convention, but it is merely ceremonial at that point. What Hillary supporters are hoping is that somehow, super delegates will switch their support for Obama at the Convention...and it isn't going to happen. This has been a tough, hotly contested race and for all intents and purposes, a close one, but at the end of the day, the super delegates know they will choose the next nominee and they aren't going to be wishy washy about it once the Primaries are over. The Party Leaders have stressed to them what needs to be done for the sake of the Party and for our chances at the WH. Clinton will concede...she has no choice but to when Obama reaches 2,025.

So when do they unofficially count?

They don't count officially or unofficially until voting day at the convention. Up until then they could change every day if they wished. It's like asking when your vote for president counts. It only counts when you pull the lever. Before that you only have a preference.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
When do the Superdelegates actually go into the count? What's with the switching between candidates? Is there a day when someone says "put up or shut up" or can they just throw in their vote any time they feel? :wacko:

They officially pledge their support at the Convention, but it is merely ceremonial at that point. What Hillary supporters are hoping is that somehow, super delegates will switch their support for Obama at the Convention...and it isn't going to happen. This has been a tough, hotly contested race and for all intents and purposes, a close one, but at the end of the day, the super delegates know they will choose the next nominee and they aren't going to be wishy washy about it once the Primaries are over. The Party Leaders have stressed to them what needs to be done for the sake of the Party and for our chances at the WH. Clinton will concede...she has no choice but to when Obama reaches 2,025.

So when do they unofficially count?

Since the beginning of the race. Hillary started out with 96 pledged super delegates....96! It was the main reason why no other candidate could foreseeably pass her, let alone even get close, especially when there were so many candidates in the beginning. You can bet your britches that Hillary has counted those super delegates, which makes all the more comical that now, Dev is arguing that they really don't count until the Convention.

By my count, if Hillary gets 60% of the remaining superdelates and state delagates, she will actually surpass Obama. Granted just about anything less gives it to him, but heck 60% isn't impossible, especially if these polls keep going the direction they are going.

If she gets 60% in each of the remaining contests and nets 60% of the remaining supers, I see them both at 2013. She's gotta do better than that. 20% leads all the way to June 3 and 20% leads with the way the supers split just to pull even. I'd call that pretty impossible - in the real world outside of Hillaryland.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
If she gets 60% in each of the remaining contests and nets 60% of the remaining supers, I see them both at 2013. She's gotta do better than that. 20% leads all the way to June 3 and 20% leads with the way the supers split just to pull even. I'd call that pretty impossible - in the real world outside of Hillaryland.

Yeah, by surpass I was talking in the 10ths of a percent! But lets assume Hillary does in fact get 60% of the remaining delagates, and we'll assume that means 60% of the popular vote.

Why then does she not get 60% of the remaining superdelates? If she doesn't wouldn't she now have the argument that the Superdelagates have gone against the will of the people in voting for Obama?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Yeah, by surpass I was talking in the 10ths of a percent! But lets assume Hillary does in fact get 60% of the remaining delagates, and we'll assume that means 60% of the popular vote.

Why then does she not get 60% of the remaining superdelates? If she doesn't wouldn't she now have the argument that the Superdelagates have gone against the will of the people in voting for Obama?

The point is moot. She ain't pulling off 20% leads in all of the remaining contests. Period.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is up with Florida, anyway? Are the old people completely senile? Have they infiltrated the government? They can't punch a ballot card and they apparently can't follow simple rules. Then, once they've broken the rules, they whine about it. Chopf##k morons.

Florida is just on the leading edge of changes in elections; in the next primary cycle you'll probably see a significant change in the democratic primary schedule so that some voters aren't left out of the process because their state's primary was scheduled well after the candidate was already decided. I think several people have already pointed out how the democratic leadership have been no more than puppets for republican shenanigans. The republicans must be laughing their ### off.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Its just so hilarious to watch the monkies goin back and fourth! Cya in november :rofl:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The point is moot. She ain't pulling off 20% leads in all of the remaining contests. Period.

Yeah, that's probably true. North Carolina is going to be a ###### for her. If you run the numbers for her best case scenario there (which goes against the polls) and she actually wins 51-49, she's got to get 70% of the remaining states (including Indiana) and 54% of the remaining superdelagates to make it a tie.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
I didn't see this link on this post but it allows you to move a scroll bar and see how the $uper dels and final 9 primaries affect the overall delegate totals for BO and HC. http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/29/del...nter/index.html

If they don't seat Florida or Michigan BO will have to get most of the remaining $uper Dels. That might not happen and it is so funny that the Dem leadership created this problem all by themselves..ok,,a little help with Florida's Republican legislator and Michigan's Dem? legislator.

Did you play with the sliders at all? Go look for yourself...move the sliders to give Hillary a 20 point win in every remain Primary and divide the remaining super delegates in half and guess what the final numbers are...

Hillary 1,983

Obama 2,043

Obama will reach the 2,025, most likely before June.

Oh yeah?! Well, if Hillary wins 100% of the remaining states/territories and ONLY gets half of the superdelegates, she'll have 2147! She'll win! There's a chance, still!

LOL

I've been playing with calculator some more and even if Hillary won every remaing Primary by 20, and the majority of super delegates, Obama still comes out on top. It's astounding the level of denial going on here by some of her most ardent supporters...crazy.

Put that slider away Steven. You're too linear he he he

I ain't no physicist or an engineer 'cept that I am curious about the way people think, toy around with concepts and ideas etc. as a hobby.

So, for example like in fluid mechanics

So, what you are doing is like calculating resistance to flow etc. of fluid that is in a laminar flow or ideal smooth sailing. Like in the "Messiah" phase of Barry's campaign. Now he is in the "Jonah" or "Jeremiah" phase which is not smooth but to be expected in nature. Like the blood flow in a living body or the flow of things in real life presidential campaign. You have to deal with "turbulent" flows and calculations become unpredictable or "complex".

Newtonian formulae and approaches no longer work. I am told calculations would involve experimental data and computer modeling and what not.

But the point here is that you may have the metrics but you cannot plug them in as usual in to set formulae. Especially when dealing with psychology of politicians.

I know you guys have the math but real life politics often, quite unbelievably defy plain ol' linear logic. :devil::devil::devil:

blahblahblahblahblahblahblah

blahblahblah?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.