I luv my chappara

ideas to give to future parents in law :)

50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiance and I are flying to NC on Friday May 9 through NWA

We are going to get some stuff today, I want to give something to Ryan's mom and Dad.

They are very supportive and very nice to me.. Since my fiance is only child, his parents treating me like their daughter... and I am very very happy to be part of their family...

So, I want to give even small present to them as an appreciation for their kindness and support to us

But I don't know what to give yet..... :(

When Ryan's dad visit us here 1 week ago, we gave him a jeepney (toy) and a small sculp carabao... he's very happy with it..:) he have collections in every country he visited :)

Pls give me some ideas to give them... for ryan's mom...

and his dad... he have already the carabao & jeepney... what else??? ................

san ka nakabili ng wooden carabao at jeepney (toy ba kamo) hehehe?

tama si ghe primie natives nalang kasi wala sa US nun. native stuffs din papasalubong ko sa kanila, mga t-shirt with phil design pede rin sa sm.

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

san ka nakabili ng wooden carabao at jeepney (toy ba kamo) hehehe?

tama si ghe primie natives nalang kasi wala sa US nun. native stuffs din papasalubong ko sa kanila, mga t-shirt with phil design pede rin sa sm.

---------------

te nakabili kmi nun sa SM makati, beside max restaurant.. :) 3rd floor... kulturang Pilipino

thnx

i gave my mom in law some native stuff (malong and i dont know what you call that cloth you put in your head [most moslem women wear those] or could be a wrap around in your shoulder)... my mom gave her some pearl bracelet and some other burloloy's hehehe... mostly native and she loves it... on mothers day (before i came to the US) i sent her a card that i painted (a picture that my husband took in camiguin) and she loves it coz she loves the ocean and she's surprised how did i know she loves the ocean lol... actually i didnt know :blush: i was just painting something simple and easy... you'll do great for as long as it comes from the heart :thumbs: good luck and God bless

wow tlga? mothers day sa MAy 11... ehehe tamang tama pgdating nmin sa May 9..

tlga? pearl bracelet,,, hmmm sounds I like to give her too.. :) thnxxxxxxxxxx

Mano po and a hug... :P

hehe yah,, in the airport :) ehehe first thing to do :)

Edited by I luv my chappara

Premie, congrats and i am so happy for you! Finally the long wait is over. Try to visit "KULTURA" in Mall of Asia, you have lots of choices there... How about a mug and print into it a family pose, like you and ryan, together with your in-law. Have a safe trip.

--------------------------------------------

wow mug with printed pose :) they like to drink coffee... maybe I will give them like this also :) thnxxxxxxxxxxx

HHmmmmm. No one will beat my idea...both your parent-in-laws will be happy in a lifetime.

Why not give them a baby? :idea:

Kidding aside, wish you had the time to make a cross-stitch and framed it. Maybe, native stuffs or a hand painted wall decor with a filipino theme.

Have a safe trip Primie & Ryan!

ahahah u make me laugh and blush :)

we dont have plan to have baby yet ;) wink.. but my fiance's parents knew about it also & supported us :)

hehe thnx & goodluck

Angela bought my Mom a shell curtain and a hand painted coffee mug and she loved both of them very much

we also bought her a hand woven basket from Puerto gallera she thought that was awesome

wow :) thnx ... goodluck to ur fiancee... she will receive her visa soon :)

Since he is the only son, I am sure the parent are very protective of him.

I would speak to the parents alone and let them know you intend to be the best wife any husband could have.

yah thnx so much .. hehe i will do this also after i will give my small present to them :)

Something made of filipino material, small and easy to pack :) Happy trip!

thanks for the idea :)

A woven handbag, a 100% silk hand woven scarf from tribal groups (and re-run their history to your parents-in-law), hand-carved wooden cookwares, miniature hope chests, there are lots of ideas to choose from.

By the way, the things I just cited are the same things I gave my MIL. She loved them!

wow really, u impressed her.. thnx for the ideas :)

Edited by I luv my chappara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

actually Im planning to buy some native stuffs for my Fiances parents too!!..

maybe gayahin ko yung small CARABAO?? hehehehe and cguro handbag for her mum???

mmmmmm tapos flowers when i meet them and a piece of cake!!

How about for his two sisters age 29 and 26????

can anyone continue to suggest about this little gift presents???

ohhhhh my!! ohh my!!!

Dont want to give very expensive things since i dont have work yet hehehe!!!

i gave my mom in law some native stuff (malong and i dont know what you call that cloth you put in your head [most moslem women wear those] or could be a wrap around in your shoulder)... my mom gave her some pearl bracelet and some other burloloy's hehehe... mostly native and she loves it... on mothers day (before i came to the US) i sent her a card that i painted (a picture that my husband took in camiguin) and she loves it coz she loves the ocean and she's surprised how did i know she loves the ocean lol... actually i didnt know :blush: i was just painting something simple and easy... you'll do great for as long as it comes from the heart :thumbs: good luck and God bless
Edited by ammike

dancing-2.gifDSCN0582-1.jpgdancing-2.gif

thweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gif

butterflies.gifbutterflies.gif

-a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e-

actually Im planning to buy some native stuffs for my Fiances parents too!!..

maybe gayahin ko yung small CARABAO?? hehehehe and cguro handbag for her mum???

mmmmmm tapos flowers when i meet them and a piece of cake!!

How about for his two sisters age 29 and 26????

can anyone continue to suggest about this little gift presents???

ohhhhh my!! ohh my!!!

Dont want to give very expensive things since i dont have work yet hehehe!!!

hi... wooden carabao is nice.. I saw tricycle too :) they are cute,,

I bought an jewelry box yesterday for my fiance's mom.. it is made from ipil ipil leaves..

I plan to give her native bag too .. and seeds of our unique plants and flowers... for her garden...

I think for ur fiance's two sisters, they will like the native bags,, there are classy native...:) it's nice..

or some cute native wallet :)

or painting like RonMay :) ehehe

how about pearls for the sisters? our pearls are very affordable there!

D&J

05-26-2006: Engaged!!

DHS/USCIS - I-129F

02-26-2007: Petition Mailed to TSC via Express Mail

03-06-2007: NOA1 "Notice"

03-07-2007: Check cashed (posted 03-12-2007)

03-12-2007: NOA1 Received in Mail from CSC

06-11-2007: NOA2 Received in Mail from CSC

NVC

06-22-2007: NVC Received Case

06-26-2007: NVC Sent to Manila Embassy (got DOS Case #)

07-02-2007: Received Letter from NVC, dated June 27, 2007

USE-Manila

06-26-2007: USE received case electronically

07-05-2007: USE received hard copy of case from NVC

07-31-2007: J receivied Packet 4

08-16/17-2007: J did early Medical Review at St. Luke's

09-10-2007: Interview Approved!

09-14-2007: Visa in HAND!!

02/21/2008: USA Arrival

03/29/2008: Wedding!

05/12/2008: Mailed AOS via Express Mail

05/21/2008: Check clears our bank account

05/22/2008: Touch on all three apps

05/23/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP arrives from MSC (notice date 5/19/08)

05/24/2008: Received Biometrics Appt. Letter

06/16/2008: Biometrics Appt. at Durham Office

06/17/2008: EAD & AOS touched

07/21/2008: AP "Approval Notice Sent" & EAD "Card Production Ordered" via CRIS Email

07/25/2008: 2 copies of AP approval form received in snail mail, dated 7/21/08

07/28/2008: EAD Card arrives in mail; CRIS email sent I765 (EAD) "Approval Notice Sent"

11/25/2008: Received Appt. Letter dated 11/18/2008 (Appt. is 1/13/09)

01/13/2009: AOS Interview approved

01/20/2009: AOS Approval Notice received

01/23/2009: 2-year Green Card received

hi i plan to buy pearl, yesterday we looked at one of native store in Landmark ..

wow i was shock,,, 1 pair of earing is P35,000 :devil: i can't afford it :(

and the necklace is P104,000 waaaaaaaaaahhhhh

where I can buy cheap? but not imitation and fake? pls advice coz i know my fiance's mom love pearls...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

woowww!!!!!!!!!

here in DAVAO they sell PEARLS i mean the real ones from "BADJAO" who swims very deep to get pearls?!! they are just seeling it for 1000PHP for the whole set ( necklace, earings, and a ring)

see the huge difference??? mmmmmmmm. . . .

Maybe the Carabao stuff and Horse is better for my In Laws and classy Native bags is very nice too, I heard one of my friend that when you use Native Bag in U.S you are "IN" because it is very expensive in U.S..

cege I made up my mind!!!! hope its not much expensive...

hi i plan to buy pearl, yesterday we looked at one of native store in Landmark ..

where I can buy cheap? but not imitation and fake? pls advice coz i know my fiance's mom love pearls...

dancing-2.gifDSCN0582-1.jpgdancing-2.gif

thweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gif

butterflies.gifbutterflies.gif

-a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e-

woowww!!!!!!!!!

here in DAVAO they sell PEARLS i mean the real ones from "BADJAO" who swims very deep to get pearls?!! they are just seeling it for 1000PHP for the whole set ( necklace, earings, and a ring)

see the huge difference??? mmmmmmmm. . . .

Maybe the Carabao stuff and Horse is better for my In Laws and classy Native bags is very nice too, I heard one of my friend that when you use Native Bag in U.S you are "IN" because it is very expensive in U.S..

cege I made up my mind!!!! hope its not much expensive...

wooden carabao is only P69 :) the smalled one.. horses are cute too, the wooden jeepney and some metal and tricycle :)

There were carabao's with man on his top... :) it's P99-200 depends on the size..

Yah the native bags are cute :) i got one for me too ehehe for sure ur in laws will like it..

Wow tlga?? P1000 lang? for whole set? waaaaaaaaah sana pla pumunta nlng kming Davao :) or nagpabili.. layo nman ng difference dito sa MAnila.. meron mura eh fake nman eh :( at imitation :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.