Kros

Affidavit of Support-I'm really worried.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Just use your dad as the co-sponsor.

No G325 for your dad, just the I-134. Nothing else to fill out but he (as well as you) need to provide evidence showing your income. This means tax returns (lots of people send in the past 3 years' worth), a letter from employers, letter from the bank, paystubs, etc. If your dad's well over the poverty limit then he doesn't need to send every single piece of evidence in, only "sufficient" proof of his salary. Tax returns is usually best bet and I'd send in the letter from his employer too.

Your dad supports financally how many people? If he didnt claim you as a dependent then you don't count. So right now with what youre telling me he supports currently two people (your sibling and himself) plus your fiance. So he needs to meet the criteria for supporting a household of three.

Your dad doesnt have to do the 325 but like snowytater said, he needs to provide all the evidence that you do as the primary sponsor.

I'm not sure ow it works but my guess would be that he supports 3 people: himself, his wife and my brother. On the other hand, my parents claim taxes together so should I put both of them as cosponsors? If I use mt father alone how much should he make to spupport himself, his wife, my brother and my fiance?

Timeline

So I guess he needs to make $25xxxx which is not a problem. BTW is it possible that my parents don't have separate tax returns? I think they filed everything together. Also when consulate looks at th income, do they look at the expenses of the cosponsor as well?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

2008 guidelines

My bad. The link above is for 2007. You would think the uscis would at least update the information. The link will still help you with the forms.

Anyway, its not much more than last year so i'm sure you'll be fine. It doesn't matter if your parents file together and expenses dont matter. They care only about what you/co-sponsor makes (gross) right now.

There are really great links explaining everything you want/need to know and how to fill out the forms right at the top of this forum.

good luck

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So I guess he needs to make $25xxxx which is not a problem. BTW is it possible that my parents don't have separate tax returns? I think they filed everything together. Also when consulate looks at th income, do they look at the expenses of the cosponsor as well?

They don't look at anybody's expenses, just household size. If your parents/co-sponsors file taxes together, you use one I-134 for yourself and another for them. They both sign it, since they file taxes jointly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

They don't look at anybody's expenses, just household size. If your parents/co-sponsors file taxes together, you use one I-134 for yourself and another for them. They both sign it, since they file taxes jointly.

Thanks, so I guess both of them will be my cosponsors since they filed taxes together. In that case do I need to get letters from the employer from both of them?

Edited by Kros

Filed: Timeline

Kros,

You are worrying way too much dude. You should read other posts about this subject to get an idea about it more. The govt. doesn't care how much the fam. spends per year, if the husband and wife filed separate tax returns, etc.

If the sponsor of co-sponsor meets the criteria then they meet the criteria, meaning there won't be a problem.

Thanks, so I guess both of them will be my cosponsors since they filed taxes together. In that case do I need to get letters from the employer from both of them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.